Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Last night, one of the biggest frights I've ever got.

Given the way it's always closer than it looks on camera... that was bloody close! Well done avoiding the dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

I've had that happen myself a few times. Definitely gives you a fright.
    When will people learn to use their mirrors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Given the way it's always closer than it looks on camera... that was bloody close! Well done avoiding the dope.

Yep it was seriously close. I'd say they didn't even realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Fake.

I've never known a 5-series with working indicators.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dartz wrote: »
    Fake.

I've never known a 5-series with working indicators.

It's a Hyundai i40?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Somebody needs glasses, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's a Hyundai i40?????

Who cares, funny as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Thankfully my driving life is very dull, to the point where this was the most worthy clip I've had in a.g.e.s!!

Saw these two [not-so] bright-sparks, skateboarding blissfully away down a hill this evening in CityWest...

https://www.facebook.com/Idiotukdriversmedia/videos/1940522486038143/
    All the action is in the first 5 seconds.
    For those that can't open it:
    loony overtakes a lorry and almost has a head on with another lorry coming the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

loony overtakes a lorry and almost has a head on with another lorry coming the other way.

Holy christ that was close, he's lucky he's not a pancake on the road - what a bleeding idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

By right, that Audi should measure approximately 4 inches total now. What a complete and utter fool behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

With the M1 southbound car fire causing delays this morning a load of Nordie and Irish drivers were flying down the hard shoulder as if it were a bus lane this morning.
    We're talking at least 1km from an exit when the traffic was actually moving.

Will post footage when I get the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That's minimal enough to what they're at normally when they're driving here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Clip from a Dutch tv program

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7561073/b29e50e7/wegmisbruikers_in_stonecoal_english.html

I wouldnt bother normally but they catch an English speaking guy so most of the clip is in English.... sort of.

See what happens if i ever get stopped for speeding here how far i get speaking Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

rgodard80a wrote: »
    With the M1 southbound car fire causing delays this morning a load of Nordie and Irish drivers were flying down the hard shoulder as if it were a bus lane this morning.
    We're talking at least 1km from an exit when the traffic was actually moving.

Will post footage when I get the chance.

Same happens most evenings northbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

coming back from carlingford yesterday with bright sun in my eyes. elderly driver in front doing 80 in a 100 zone, fair enough. am guessing his eyes may not be the best for the sun so give him lots of room.

approaching a crossroads, car at each side plus one on coming. bellend behind me is almost in my boot cos he is frustrated by the slower driver. ( its 100, do 100, why ain't ya doing 100)

out of nowhere the guy in front slams on and indicates left, came to almost a complete stop. in 2 seconds i had to choose whether to slam on and be rear ended or swing around and risk one of the other 3 cars hitting me. I choose to swing around and made it without causing the oncoming guy to **** himself.

absolute luck that neither left or right car pulled out into the main road, have seen that before. how the knob behind me missed the stopped car in the middle of the main road i will never know.

those at fault:
    old guy for slamming on when there was a huge space plus hard shoulder for the left turn.
    knobhead for tailgating me at 80.
    me...for not slamming on and making knobhead regret the tailgating.

if just one of those guys had pulled out i was in trouble.

https://youtu.be/8HzzPlvihdk

These are the people that cause collisions but yet are never in them....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

And that stretch has a massive shoulder which the old lad should have made use of if he was turning. Ffs, I thought he was slowing to let those people out from the side roads, I've seen that more times than I'd like!

And that stretch has a massive shoulder which the old lad should have made use of if he was turning. Ffs, I thought he was slowing to let those people out from the side roads, I've seen that more times than I'd like!

There are a lot of roads out in the sticks these days where the shoulder use to have turn in lanes but they were removed along with the arrows painted on the road which I thought were a great early warning.

There is to be many on the likes of the N4 with straight arrown and a right turn beside it to show there is a right turn to access a side road but most are removed.

It's something they need to look at improvi g on.

• Advertisement

Exactly what i was thinking: Aww... let me just stop and let those people out before i turn left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

soups05 wrote: »
    coming back from carlingford yesterday with bright sun in my eyes. elderly driver in front doing 80 in a 100 zone, fair enough. am guessing his eyes may not be the best for the sun so give him lots of room.

approaching a crossroads, car at each side plus one on coming. bellend behind me is almost in my boot cos he is frustrated by the slower driver. ( its 100, do 100, why ain't ya doing 100)

out of nowhere the guy in front slams on and indicates left, came to almost a complete stop. in 2 seconds i had to choose whether to slam on and be rear ended or swing around and risk one of the other 3 cars hitting me. I choose to swing around and made it without causing the oncoming guy to **** himself.

absolute luck that neither left or right car pulled out into the main road, have seen that before. how the knob behind me missed the stopped car in the middle of the main road i will never know.

those at fault:
    old guy for slamming on when there was a huge space plus hard shoulder for the left turn.
    knobhead for tailgating me at 80.
    me...for not slamming on and making knobhead regret the tailgating.

if just one of those guys had pulled out i was in trouble.

https://youtu.be/8HzzPlvihdk

Almost the exact same thing happened me last year....except he then decided to suddenly turn right, clipping me as I passed, leading to this. Only had the car about a month too.

car_zpsa5emdvj7.jpg

car1_zps1et0q3ph.jpg

baldshin what was the outcome of that?

Glad you made it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

I was determined to be at fault for "failing to observe". Back to a 1.2 car for the next few years and exorbitant insurance costs. Most importantly, and miraculously though, no one was injured.

baldshin wrote: »
    I was determined to be at fault for "failing to observe". Back to a 1.2 car for the next few years and exorbitant insurance costs. Most importantly, and miraculously though, no one was injured.

That's a tough one.

Did they indicate at all?

Funny how you are allowed to over take or undertake when the other vehicle is showing intention to turn left or right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

soups05 wrote: »

There seems to be so much wrong with what the guy ahead of you was doing - if he was turning left why is he so far over in the lane - luckily you had plenty of space between you - it looks to me like he stopped because he thought the driver was pulling out of the junction? Over reaction?

I absolutely hate tailgaters, when I can (if safe to do so) I move in to let them go around me - invariably they are the type that overtake too close to the front of the car as well!

That evening winter sun is fecking blinding!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Looks like he was a bit away from the junction, probably could have eased up on the brakes. Doesn't look like he was even turning in approaching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Pretzill wrote: »
    There seems to be so much wrong with what the guy ahead of you was doing - if he was turning left why is he so far over in the lane - luckily you had plenty of space between you - it looks to me like he stopped because he thought the driver was pulling out of the junction? Over reaction?

I absolutely hate tailgaters, when I can (if safe to do so) I move in to let them go around me - invariably they are the type that overtake too close to the front of the car as well!

That evening winter sun is fecking blinding!

Spray the windscreen washers continuously. The spray goes back onto their windscreen, sometimes they’re smart enough to get the hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Awful timing I got an awful fit of sneezing just before I passed the lights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Closer than it looked. Guy changing lanes and not checking his blindspot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement