Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wouldnt be wise to start ****ing about with those particular police vans around.
    Usually riot police on board and they are like hungry German Sheperds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

resolution went to crap when joining these clips together

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

resolution went to crap when joining these clips together

Your man on the "dual carriageway" indicating to change lanes :D

Yesterday & Today - 2 Hours of driving..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Overtaking but not in a hurry? We got you covered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Followed swiftly by a splendid tutorial on how overtaking should be done :pac: I can only imagine the thoughts going through your head, even just sitting here watching it my blood was reaching boiling point! Perfect example of why slow driving can be equally as dangerous as speeding. Jesus heaven forbid there was an oncoming car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

In fairness the tractor, who was all over the place, could have taken 5 secs to stop and let people pass - he wasn't going anywhere in a hurry

jaxxx wrote:
    Followed swiftly by a splendid tutorial on how overtaking should be done I can only imagine the thoughts going through your head, even just sitting here watching it my blood was reaching boiling point! Perfect example of why slow driving can be equally as dangerous as speeding. Jesus heaven forbid there was an oncoming car

Yeah, one extreme to the other, but the first overtake was very entertaining!

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah, one extreme to the other, but the first overtake was very entertaining!

Entertaining? It was exhilarating! Did you see that braking action?? Phwoar! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

jaxxx wrote: »
    Followed swiftly by a splendid tutorial on how overtaking should be done :pac: I can only imagine the thoughts going through your head, even just sitting here watching it my blood was reaching boiling point! Perfect example of why slow driving can be equally as dangerous as speeding. Jesus heaven forbid there was an oncoming car :eek:

Ah no I wouldn't lose my cool over something like this as I'm a patient individual behind the wheel, I leave at a time in the morning that I can allow for incidents like above (and laugh about it), plus with the arseholery I see on a daily basis it's in one ear and out the other at this stage! :p

Machinery is always a regular sight on that road, no one ever has issues overtaking... Except that C-Max :D

The overtake was around here, a horrendously straight road...!

Ah no I wouldn't lose my cool over something like this as I'm a patient individual behind the wheel, I leave at a time in the morning that I can allow for incidents like above (and laugh about it), plus with the arseholery I see on a daily basis it's in one ear and out the other at this stage! :p

Machinery is always a regular sight on that road, no one ever has issues overtaking... Except that C-Max :D

The overtake was around here, a horrendously straight road...!

You're more tolerant than me so! If it were me I'd be effing and blinding till the windows shattered from the vibrations! That's why I've never uploaded any of my dash cam footage... although to be fair I'd be more concerned that anyone who listened to it would call for the people in white coats to come pick me up due to what I be saying sometimes... I like to vocalise my thoughts :D

Although I was tempted today to upload something cos I had a cyclist going past a red light, then some kids cycling the wrong way on a one way street. Then some plonker parked for several minutes blocking traffic EXACTLY OPPOSITE a van that was delivering, 2 lanes of traffic blocked! It was like a funnel, both lanes going into the very centre to forge a new one (same one way street btw)! Geez!

jaxxx wrote:
    Although I was tempted today to upload something cos I had a cyclist going past a red light, then some kids cycling the wrong way on a one way street. Then some plonker parked for several minutes blocking traffic EXACTLY OPPOSITE a van that was delivering, 2 lanes of traffic blocked! It was like a funnel, both lanes going into the very centre to forge a new one (same one way street btw)! Geez!

Upload it!!

You were a bit lucky there as the tractor swerved to avoid something just as you were about to pass, that was close!

tedpan wrote: »
    Upload it!!
    But... I'm a video upload v*rg*n :(

[Jaxxx's alter ago pops up: "that ain't the only thing you're a v*rg*n in boyo!"]

!#@&*!!!!

Censor probably not needed but I thought it was better safe than sorry :o Might give it a go tomorrow (and probably fail, haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Near miss.....broad daylight and I had full headlights on

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not sure I'd call that a near miss, the driver managed to completely miss the correct lane on the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

liamog wrote: »
    Not sure I'd call that a near miss, the driver managed to completely miss the correct lane on the roundabout.

The racing line approach many take, often not realising there may be another car in the adjacent lane.

liamog wrote: »

C’mon now an inconsequential technical driving breach somehow trumps a car pulling out in front of traffic almost causing an accident? :rolleyes:

I have a very simple philosophy when it comes to driving. If I get from A to B without putting anybody in danger, without causing anybody to hit their brakes or take evasive actions and to ensure that they have no surprises about where my car is heading I’m a happy camper. Now the best way to achieve this is to follow the rules of the road. However, I do not drive 100% of the time in the same way that I did when I had my driving test. If you can confirm that you do (eg come to a full stop and apply the handbrake at every stop sign) I will humbly accept your criticism.
    I had checked that there were no cars on the inside and I indicated appropriately so no other road user was affected by my technical breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

this is my dodgy cyclists...

the first one, it's not so clear, but he was going no hands with a guitar on his back. then there's the no lights and sauntering through the red light..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some posts used to name and shame a taxi driver removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

boardz wrote: »
    Near miss.....broad daylight and I had full headlights on

That situation is one of the things drummed into a student by advanced motoring organisations when on observed runs and watched for by your examiner come test day....

Vehicle in front is turning left, you are behind that vehicle and you can see vehicles waiting to emerge into your path. Have they seen you?

You don't know but you should certainly slow down and be wary.

I'm not sure you slowed down much if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Patww79 wrote: »

That's in an ideal world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Patww79 wrote: »
    That's in an ideal world.

If in doubt expect arseholes.

That situation is one of the things drummed into a student by advanced motoring organisations when on observed runs and watched for by your examiner come test day....

Vehicle in front is turning left, you are behind that vehicle and you can see vehicles waiting to emerge into your path. Have they seen you?

You don't know but you should certainly slow down and be wary.

I'm not sure you slowed down much if at all.

I agree with you definitely a scenario requiring concentration always. As Conspectus put it be on arsehole alert :)
    I was indeed wary and my speed was appropriate as you can see I took calm evasive action - no skid or abrupt stop - I was in full control at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

boardz wrote: »
    I agree with you definitely a scenario requiring concentration always. As Conspectus put it be on arsehole alert :)
    I was indeed wary and my speed was appropriate as you can see I took calm evasive action - no skid or abrupt stop - I was in full control at all times.

ah sure, you know you're to blame in boards-land dontcher?

• Advertisement

Think this guy was on the phone.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement