Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Carpentry wrote: »
    Now its my turn.

Its actually me being late and stupid. After few sets of waiting I decided to brake the light. 80e fine and 3 points. My question is, was it that/too late ?
    of course Guard on the bike had to be there for me.

Now... unleash the beast :(

At least 2 cars too late there, it's a big junction to clear for the length of time the abmer light is on.

That Garda was watching your traffic lights to his left, he had started moving off to pull you over before his light even went green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Crasp wrote: »
    At least 2 cars too late there, it's a big junction to clear for the length of time the abmer light is on.

That Garda was watching the lights to his left, he had started moving off to pull you over before his light even went green.

He said the same to me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

...or you could go all out and claim you didn't break the lights.
    You were across the white line before the other lights went green and that actually it was the guard who jumped HIS set of lights.
    AND you managed to take a screenshot capturing it all from your dashcam before you lost the footage...

fzg9igq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

He said the same to me

I wonder would the Garda have pulled the Focus over had you not followed though.

amcalester wrote: »
    I wonder would the Garda have pulled the Focus over had you not followed though.

He moved when I went of, he didn't react to Focus. It was a nice guard actually, didn't give me any bull****, after 2 minutes I was good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Fair play putting that up. Put that Guard on duty at the Galway city retail centre junction and he'd make a killing.

Fair play putting that up. Put that Guard on duty at the Galway city retail centre junction and he'd make a killing.

or any junction on N11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That junction is a bad one. To be fair the Guard is probably used to it. Coming out of the business park the opposite direction to go into the M50 is shocking with red light runners.

Now its my turn.

Its actually me being late and stupid. After few sets of waiting I decided to brake the light. 80e fine and 3 points. My question is, was it that/too late ?
    of course Guard on the bike had to be there for me.

Now... unleash the beast :(

Sure, it was only the early red!

edit, I love the way people get Brake and Break so muddled up these days. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Ahhh Charlstown....

That's a ****ing **** of a spot to turn. Especially when the traffic's backed up to the centre and you've ***** muscling in at the top or taking an age to get going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Pretty sure he was going after the Focus, and you got in his way. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Try explaining that to the insurance company

A77 North (south of Newton Mearns) today. Yes, I am not currently overtaking, doing the same speed as car in front with a nice braking space though someone needed to be 2 seconds nearer their destination. Why not undertake? No previous altercation(unless you count me flashing my hazards briefly).
    https://www.facebook.com/david.mosley.391/videos/2028731387149396/
    For those who can't see it:-
    Driver hogs the right lane but is overtaken by someone who manages to make a third lane out of the central reservation (looks really tight!).

Comments are almost all against him for being a lane hog! :D

They're right, he was hogging the lane but the other guy is still a moron - if he'd hit a hole or bump he woulda been screwed

fritzelly wrote: »
    They're right, he was hogging the lane but the other guy is still a moron - if he'd hit a hole or bump he woulda been screwed

Yes, it does appear that he had two wheels on the grass, at 70MPH :eek:

I gave her the clap and she gave me the finger
    Had a completely different meaning where I grew up! :D
    Woman tries to make an extra lane on a busy road, cam car driver is having none of that!

https://www.facebook.com/mike.sandland/videos/2076745245749398/

Man after your own heart Dolan

Aussie vids are always entertaining but the one at 5:00 - WTF????

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/Idiotukdriversmedia/videos/2214149242240156/
    Driver possibly on the phone fails to see stopped cars in front and jumps right and has a head on with vehicle coming in opposite direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Had a completely different meaning where I grew up! :D
    Woman tries to make an extra lane on a busy road, cam car driver is having none of that!

https://www.facebook.com/mike.sandland/videos/2076745245749398/

Another private group

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

josip wrote: »
    ...or you could go all out and claim you didn't break the lights.
    You were across the white line before the other lights went green and that actually it was the guard who jumped HIS set of lights.
    AND you managed to take a screenshot capturing it all from your dashcam before you lost the footage...

fzg9igq.jpg

There’s a serious hue of red emanating from that green light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

One from yesterday. Did the driver use his mirrors? I think not. And certainly did not check his blind spot. Close shave.

What the hell was he moving over for anyway, to pass the wind or what! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

What the hell was he moving over for anyway, to pass the wind or what! :rolleyes:

I say he passed more than wind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Or Cork city, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

I really don't understand how someone stupid enough to attempt that overtake is able to earn enough to buy a car, let alone operate it. Also seems to be an unending supply of them, as fast as the present ones are injuring themselves and worse there's a new barrel of them coming up to replace them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement