Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Third clip - poor guy is still there til this day. Would someone not wake him up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

sonyvision wrote: »
    Long time watcher, first time poster :D not sure how to get a dash cam footage up but I gave it a go.

Great first video, nice compilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Typical ****e driving in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Did someone say bus lane? :D

Did they pull him over or were they going to a call?
    Hopefully, they recorded his reg and he has penalty points in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thought for a minute he was getting pulled but it looks like the cop just flew on by

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Did they pull him over or were they going to a call?
    Hopefully, they recorded his reg and he has penalty points in the post.

Looks like they were on a call as they didn't pull him over, the driver must have had brown trousers as they didn't try that again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭sonyvision

I have a nice shot this morning of a merc and Audi pulled in on the n4 by a bike copper...

Stupid thing was he is parked up blue lights flashing in clear sight and the merc pulls straight in, drives right up and gets pulled over.... what a pleb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Looks like they were on a call as they didn't pull him over, the driver must have had brown trousers as they didn't try that again :D
    Is that you laughing Fancy Pigeon or do you have a very irritating (it has to be said :D) passenger?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is that you laughing Fancy Pigeon or do you have a very irritating (it has to be said :D) passenger?

That would be me indeed! Don't worry I can be very irritating when required or unintentionally so no offence taken :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

That would be me indeed! Don't worry I can be very irritating when required or unintentionally so no offence taken :p

No real offence meant :) I thought maybe you had an SFX (Evil(ish) laugh) in your video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Long time watcher, first time poster :D not sure how to get a dash cam footage up but I gave it a go.

Great video.

When you see something - count to five then hit the save clip button.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Auris driver on the phone or just considering the lilies?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Auris driver on the phone or just considering the lilies?

Its an interesting juction. Basically we have green and traffic fills the junction. Light turns red and traffic on the left then gets green. They progress out and further up also gets the green.

He is passed the white line however if he intends to move similar to the van he must push his way into merging traffic from the left (which they niw have a green light) i personally would stay in his stop rather then act like the van.

The white line from where I was stopped should be moved about 15 feet forward to the Auris. open to discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Oh thank god. Another video uploaded that I didn't feature in.
    One of these days it will be me up there......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Doubles as a language course too.
    Should be able to swear in fluent Dutch after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Your man must have been off his trolley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

A brief few highlights from Childers Road in Limerick this morning-

0:10- car drives wrong way in to a one way lane
    0:21- white car on left almost reverses in to car behind it for some unknown reason
    0:33- silver car appears from nowhere and proceeds to break red light to turn left
    1:35- one of the more common vehicles seen on Limerick roads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

inforfun wrote: »

The evil laugh on yer man at 6:00 is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

baldshin wrote: »
    A brief few highlights from Childers Road in Limerick this morning-

0:10- car drives wrong way in to a one way lane
    0:21- white car on left almost reverses in to car behind it for some unknown reason
    0:33- silver car appears from nowhere and proceeds to break red light to turn left
    1:35- one of the more common vehicles seen on Limerick roads

[YOUTBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBzykKwnI&t=4s[/YOUTUBE]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl90Ad-tzhjoEfolcExaOVfLiwLEiL6_yUccLfga1Rhzqs76qvAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

First time posting a dashcam video.
    Truck pulls out to overtake stopped bus with no regard to oncoming traffic.
    There was no wave or signs of apologies from the driver as he went passed me so I doubt he was too fussed by pulling the maneuver.

The incident seemed a lot worse in real life so I thought I'd post it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Well done for being more mature and easy going than me.
    I'd have stopped 10m further forwards so that he couldn't get past and would have to wait for the bus to pull off.
    I'm a stubborn cnut sometimes and embarrassed when I rewatch some of the stuff from my cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

a bit 50/50 he had committed a long time before you got anywhere near.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

First time posting a dashcam video.
    Truck pulls out to overtake stopped bus with no regard to oncoming traffic.
    There was no wave or signs of apologies from the driver as he went passed me so I doubt he was too fussed by pulling the maneuver.

The incident seemed a lot worse in real life so I thought I'd post it anyway.

Holy crap. I'd be reporting that one to Garda traffic watch. That's insane. Solid white line, overtaking into oncoming traffic, and overtaking a bus with a danger of passengers crossing the road... madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Holy crap. I'd be reporting that one to Garda traffic watch. That's insane. Solid white line, overtaking into oncoming traffic, and overtaking a bus with a danger of passengers crossing the road... madness.

And there's always the d1ckhead that follows behind!

Warning: NSFW language !

This happened last week on Clontarf Road.

The asshole in the 2018 Renault Captur had been in the left hand lane of Clontarf road while I was right lane to turn right. He didn't have the speed/space to overtake me to the lights and merged in behind me and tailgating me from the start of that video. He was on my bumper and driving over the traffic island at the start of that video, to the point where I thought I might hit him when I legally moved into the right hand turn lane after the traffic island.

Soon as he overtakes he brake checks a couple of times.

https://streamable.com/xb3d0

Warning: NSFW Language on the audio !

Another one... R132 in between Drogheda and Julianstown yesterday morning.

Absolutely terrible driving conditions, rain weather warnings... on a single lane national road with a traffic island in the middle, and this nutcase overtakes 3 or more cars over the traffic island and wrong side of the road before a bend in the road. You can even hear the car 2 cars ahead of of him beeping them.
    Suicidal.... I only got "08 D" from the reg.

https://streamable.com/5if3d

I've a polarising filter on the cam, so affects nighttime video... need to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Warning: NSFW language !

This happened last week on Clontarf Road.

The asshole in the 2018 Renault Captur had been in the left hand lane of Clontarf road while I was right lane to turn right. He didn't have the speed/space to overtake me to the lights and merged in behind me and tailgating me from the start of that video. He was on my bumper and driving over the traffic island at the start of that video, to the point where I thought I might hit him when I legally moved into the right hand turn lane after the traffic island.

Soon as he overtakes he brake checks a couple of times.

https://streamable.com/xb3d0

When the clip started and I noticed the location I thought it was going to be our old friend back again

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

inforfun wrote: »
    [/YOUTUBE]

3:25 "Jaysus!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Well I never thought I'd see the day, Guards nab a red light runner in Galway.

https://vimeo.com/303774702

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement