Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sorry if this has been posted before...but I'll never go to India after this...the total disregard for human life is just unbelievable

6:25 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

peasant wrote: »

must have been late for his dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

peasant wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted before...but I'll never go to India after this...the total disregard for human life is just unbelievable

Having driven in Pakistan, I can genuinely say that nothing that happens on Irish roads worry me at all.
    Just wait until you experience the ultimate madness of two lines of traffic approaching a brow of a hill, each lane is supposed to have only one line of traffic!

But you are being over taken and undertaken, then you get to the top and meet the same coming in the opposite direction! :eek:
    Three lines immediately become one and we all pass OK.
    No lights, ignoring traffic lights (rare, the lights that is), driving in the shade!, a God (or Allah) will decide if the road is clear, you just have faith that someone else will look after the road for you.
    Entire families on scooters, one dab of the brakes and your eldest daughter loses her teeth.

Great fun place to drive> :rolleyes:.
    I drove there in the 1980s, it's a lot safer these days. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Been lurking for a long time, crappy first video but sure i'll give it a shot. Only got the camera yesterday so still learning

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

I stayed behind him for ages to let him pull left.....blissfully unaware.

boardz wrote: »
    I stayed behind him for ages to let him pull left.....blissfully unaware.

He has a cool reg though

The final one has to be vodka fuelled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

The final one has to be vodka fuelled!

"errorDetail": "invalidVideodata.1",
    "message": "An error occurred. Please try again later.",
    "messageKey": "GENERIC_WITHOUT_LINK",

??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

SuperS54 wrote: »
    "errorDetail": "invalidVideodata.1",
    "message": "An error occurred. Please try again later.",
    "messageKey": "GENERIC_WITHOUT_LINK",

??

They're missing 1 char from the string. So it leads nowhere, just a copy/paste mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They're missing 1 char from the string. So it leads nowhere, just a copy/paste mistake.
    Missing an easily overlooked - at the start of the ID: -cQx5XSBty4

The YouTube BBCode on boards should be able to take a full YT URL and parse the ID by itself tbh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »

It can be hard work crossing a road and sometimes you might just need to sit down for a bit when you are halfway across

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Chaps, who's at fault here? I had to brake suddenly to let the Hyundai through and ahead of me. They had come dangerously close to hitting me as I was heading straight through the roundabout. It doesn't look close but it really was.

One from a few weeks ago/ Not quite sure how they came together, possibly they misjudged their distance from each other. It's really a one lane road but everyone takes it as two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Chaps, who's at fault here? I had to brake suddenly to let the Hyundai through and ahead of me. They had come dangerously close to hitting me as I was heading straight through the roundabout. It doesn't look close but it really was.

You're in the wrong lane. Left lane for 1st and 2nd exit and right lane for 3rd exit. See this all the time and does my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Wailin wrote: »
    You're in the wrong lane. Left lane for 1st and 2nd exit and right lane for 3rd exit. See this all the time and does my head in!

Yep and they even swerved into the left lane just for good measure..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

There's a roundabout in Navan where it's left only on the left and straight/right in the right lane (must try find a post/recent pic as google maps is using an outdated image), same with Ratoath/Batterstown on the old Dublin road... Would be typical for Meath coco to have it backwards!

Don't think that's the case here but not for me to make that call, someone else will know better

• Advertisement

Isn't the right hand side lane for straight ahead and turning right?

a82bc3eb0db1ab516443b2e9441407ae.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

**** design.
    2 lanes entering the roundabout, no lines on the roundabout and a 1,5 wide lane exit.

Who is at fault? The ****wit designing these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

That is false.

Look at the road markings next time.

It's can be useful to take some refresher driving lessons if you are unsure of the rules of the road. I know my Granny did so and she found it very useful.

Something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

Isn't the right hand side lane for straight ahead and turning right?

a82bc3eb0db1ab516443b2e9441407ae.jpg

No, left lane is for 1st and 2nd exit on typical roundabout, unless signed otherwise.

ETA - the 2 straight arrows on the incoming lanes could indicate lanes for the 2nd exit but there is no arrow on the left lane that it is also for the 1st exit - I think the 2 arrows are to indicate that traffic taking the 1st exit can enter what was the bus lane.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

riemann wrote: »
    That is false.

Look at the road markings next time.

It's can be useful to take some refresher driving lessons if you are unsure of the rules of the road. I know my Granny did so and she found it very useful.

Something to consider.
    You're wrong. And very condescending to boot. It's a full house!

The roundabout in question has no markings regarding which lane to use. Only markings indicating when the bus lane ends. It's a crap design but I always used the left lane for straight on. However, if someone was ahead of me in the right lane and going straight, I'd never try to scoot by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Would you be able to work that out if it was your first time on that r/a. The road markings clearly say you can go straight ahead from either lane. Having said that it doesn't look like a two lane exit.
    Where did the guy from behind come from anyway. Was he booting it down the bus lane. He seemed to be in an awful hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Oh, look, another roundabout debate, this time with arrows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

You're wrong. And very condescending to boot. It's a full house!

The roundabout in question has no markings regarding which lane to use. Only markings indicating when the bus lane ends. It's a crap design but I always used the left lane for straight on. However, if someone was ahead of me in the right lane and going straight, I'd never try to scoot by them.

You must be looking at a different video to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm almost certain I read recently that you can use the right lane to go straight if the left lane has traffic in it. I think it was RotR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'm almost certain I read recently that you can use the right lane to go straight if the left lane has traffic in it. I think it was RotR

Sarcasm/Only if you go all the way around the roundabout. You can go left in the right lane too by the same practice/sarcasm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement