Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fritzelly wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, have noticed more and more over the past few weeks that the older generation seem to be red blind (plus the usual couriers/delivery ones), whilst the younger guys/gals observe the lights

Maybe they think well we've had a good life wth live life in the fast lane!

69ad7ff0995498dddb147e605a2580e3--funny-sayings-funny-memes.jpg
    + cycling now :D
    boardz wrote: »
    Hate people who do this......

There's a word for people like that... Better be careful else I'll get in trouble , but all I'll say is that it rhymes with shunt :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jaxxx wrote: »
    There's a word for people like that... Better be careful else I'll get in trouble , but all I'll say is that it rhymes with shunt :cool:

Funnier thing is the yellow box is beyond the junction - ermmm! (not that a yellow box has ever stopped anyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

boardz wrote: »
    "FOCK!"

I would have floored it, not tried to stop. Should have powered through, speed was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Ionised wrote: »
    Couple of quick clips. Music added to cover my not very entertaining comments.

The "what roundabout?" title applies to both of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

SuperS54 wrote: »
    The "what roundabout?" title applies to both of you!

Nope. It only applies to the driver that made the video. Megane would've had plenty of time to make turn if the other driver did manoeuvre properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I loved the look of those meganes when they came out. Haven't seen one in ages, and certainly not one that clean! As for driving over the roundabout... it's a pet peeve of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I work around there.

It's nigh on impossible to make that right turn without clipping the roundabout.

That was a particularly poor effort there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I feel the dash cams should be banned after watching some of the clips below. People act like idiots sometimes...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Have to admit that i driver straight over the white dots of paint pretending to be a roundabout.
    Will of course still follow the rules of the roundabout as it comes to yielding and indicators.

This is what a seizure\stroke behind the wheel looks like.

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7383749/d1ea0813/een_beroerte_tijdens_het_rijden.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

wonski wrote: »
    I feel the dash cams should be banned after watching some of the clips below. People act like idiots sometimes...

Those compilations generally go for quantity rather than quality. Most of the submissions are made by arseholes who deliberately manufacture "close calls" so that they have something to submit for their 20 seconds of Youtube fame.

inforfun wrote: »

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7383749/d1ea0813/een_beroerte_tijdens_het_rijden.html

Took some time for someone to stop. Wtf?

Can't believe people just drive on.

While I am not expecting all traffic come to full stop, one or two cars should stop in the hard shoulder and check on the driver.

If I seen the car is attended I would just drive on, but to continue like that for such a long time without any reaction...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

wonski wrote:

??
    He had a stroke, the car isn't going to stop if nobody is braking.

Those compilations generally go for quantity rather than quality. Most of the submissions are made by arseholes who deliberately manufacture "close calls" so that they have something to submit for their 20 seconds of Youtube fame.

Some of them made me angry. Perfectly avoidable situations some of them. Beep beep just to make it more dangerous.

tedpan wrote: »
    ??
    He had a stroke, the car isn't going to stop if nobody is braking.

I meant the other drivers... Maybe someone stopped out of the view earlier, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

wonski wrote:
    I meant the other drivers... Maybe someone stopped out of the view earlier, though.

Ah, yeah I'd say most of the drivers in the clip didn't see as they were ahead of the car. There was a gap in traffic so I'm guessing people stopped. Poor driver anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Can't believe people just drive on.

While I am not expecting all traffic come to full stop, one or two cars should stop in the hard shoulder and check on the driver.

If I seen the car is attended I would just drive on, but to continue like that for such a long time without any reaction...

I was just going to post the same thoughts.
    Not only did it take a while fr anyonme to stop, but the 2 cars which did actually stop out of the (maybe 100+) would have been so far back that they most likey didn't even see the accident occur.

So many of those cars would have been right behind witnessing the crash but they just tipped on with their lives and not a care in the world.

Granted there may well have been someone pulled up behind the accident but we can't see that and assumptions would be that with speen on a motorway like that, you would actually pull up after the crash.

still, hope the guy/gal is ok, fairly severe crash there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Roughly 30secs after the car comes to a stop someone pulls in to help, how much faster are you expecting?!

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Roughly 30secs after the car comes to a stop someone pulls in to help, how much faster are you expecting?!

Immediately?

Like I said it's an observation rather than a fact as there is no rear view camera.

Just watching all the cars going past felt it took longer than it should.

Some people drive with tunnel vision: havent seen the crash
    Some people see it but it only registers 2 states later, too late to stop.
    And some people just dont give a **** and drive on.

Some stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

Some people drive with tunnel vision: havent seen the crash
    Some people see it but it only registers 2 states later, too late to stop.
    And some people just dont give a **** and drive on.

Some stop.

I'd drive on even if I saw it, and park further up the road, pulling on the hard shoulder near an accident site is just asking to become part of the accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd drive on. Someone else will always stop.

OK...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Carpentry wrote:
    Nope. It only applies to the driver that made the video. Megane would've had plenty of time to make turn if the other driver did manoeuvre properly.

I agree totally. The Megan driver was definitely in the right there.

In fairness, I probably wouldn't stop if there was nobody around either. I just always think you're better off not involved, whether it's driving or any other circumstances. Not being involved can't lead to any trouble.

What kind of trouble??? If you can't do anything yourself call emergency services!

We are running off topic here anyway, but all of us might need a help of a random person at some point. We are not young forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

One thing about that video of the person having a seizure. Did anyone notice the pole on the side of the motorway/freeway give way when hit and not become a structure that won't give way and cause a hard stop. Fair enough they can't do the same on the bridge but I would like to see that on our smaller roads.

The signs warning of danger here are often a real danger themselves. I would like to see them repositioned and possibly more likely to give way when hit.

• Advertisement

As my CPR instructor told me; loved one - do all you can, stranger - walk away as you're leaving yourself wide open.

Anyway the chances of it actually happening would be very rare, and it's also highly unlikely nobody else would be about.

Change your cpr trainer!

It is not supposed to be a personal training.

Did he tell you anything about the time and how it reduces the chance of survival???

Seems like he did not.

Please do not pretend you are a trained responder. You are not trained at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement