Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Patww79 wrote: »
    As my CPR instructor told me; loved one - do all you can, stranger - walk away as you're leaving yourself wide open.

Anyway the chances of it actually happening would be very rare, and it's also highly unlikely nobody else would be about.

Nobody is asking anyone to perform any CPR or any kind of treatment for anyone involved in an accident. But why people wouldn't pull in when they see something like that happen is beyond me. At the very least, check if they require you to call emergency services or help them out of the car...
    First car stopped after 30 seconds, but how many cars ahead of them just continued on with their journeys 20+ cars I'd say. I just don't understand how you can see something like that happen and just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Isn't this a dashcam thread..?

Here's a very short clip from this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Didn't want to keep this going but where the hell did I say I was a 'responder'? It was a mandatory course for work, I'm not exactly in the Johns ambulance or anything. Don't put words in people's mouths. He had to be there, I had to be there, boxes were ticked.

That said, I've just spent 57 minutes on the M50 so my regard for humanity is as low as it could possibly get.

I don't give a crap about what it was for.
    You were trained as a responder hence my post.
    Glad to see both yours and your trainer's boxes ticked.

I got over it, hope you did, too.

Hand shake. Let's all move on. You have your opinion, I have mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Whats this? A dash cam post - very weird

Don't get it. Why is he stopping every vehicle to tell them to turn around, little circle of the hand and cars turning round will have got the message thru

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

tedpan wrote: »
    Isn't this a dashcam thread..?

Here's a very short clip from this evening.

ridiculous way to risk people's lives only to get stopped by the queue immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Isambard wrote: »
    ridiculous way to risk people's lives only to get stopped by the queue immediately.

See it's people like that that make me want to be some sort of driving vigilante, armed with a V12 600bhp super armed tank that goes 0-100 km/h in 2 seconds flat and can flatten anything in its path...

I went a little OTT there didn't I?

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    I went a little OTT there didn't I?

No, but don't need the suped up tank, just a tracking missile

there was a bad accident road was shut when i got there i did not see what happen
    if i get time toomorw the i will uplod the lorry pass me out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fritzelly wrote: »
    No, but don't need the suped up tank, just a tracking missile

Yeah but where's the fun in that? Missile is literally just 'aim, press and boom'. Whereas tank is 'chase, drive over, crunch, grind, drive over and back several times'! You get to feel a real sense of justice from the vibrations... literally! [insert evil laugh]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Few bits from yesterday - an idiot, an aftermath of a crash, and a middle lane hogging Guard!

*Disclaimer: Yes, after I passed the truck, I could have moved into lane 1 for the 15 seconds or so before I overtook the middle lane hogger. So yes, I have become everything I despise on the motorways. Yes, I need to take a serious look at my own driving. Yes, I shouldn't throw stones while in a glass house. Yes, I'm a c**t.
    (Had it not been a Garda vehicle, I'd have undertaken him in a heartbeat, cos I'm badass like that!)

......and yes, I couldn't give 2 flying forks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This drives me mad @ 1:15, floor it to undertake on a roundabout and then get pissy about it when the person legally taking the roundabout is in the way...

The meaning of yield in the UK must mean floor it at traffic that's already on the roundabout.

This particular channel is infuriating when it comes to roundabouts in general.

LEIN wrote: »

This drives me mad @ 1:15, floor it to undertake on a roundabout and then get pissy about it when the person legally taking the roundabout is in the way...

The meaning of yield in the UK must mean floor it at traffic that's already on the roundabout.

This particular channel is infuriating when it comes to roundabouts in general.
    Yes, there is a general abuse of roundabout rules in these videos, Quite often drivers use them to try to gain a position in the queue. Most roundabouts are simply too busy to "take the racing line" through them, so they settle for second best.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I dunno. If I was the truck driver and somebody told me they had footage of the reg of the damaged car driving off, and I could go back to my boss and give him the details to pass on to his insurance company, I wouldn’t think of the biker as a ‘nosy twat’.

i had a trailer behind me i have no back dashcam to show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mr Snow wrote: »

i had a trailer behind me i have no back dashcam to show

fyp

Watched it 3 times - what am I missing?
    Seen that elsewhere (longer clip), he was offering footage for his insurance

fritzelly wrote: »
    Watched it 3 times - what am I missing?

Seen that elsewhere (longer clip), he was offering footage for his insurance

he was over the speed limt is 80kmp for lorrys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

OMFG

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Only if he’s towing a trailer, which he’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not referring to the clip you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Only if he’s towing a trailer, which he’s not.

Which begs the question

How fast will one of those actually go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Dartz wrote: »
    Which begs the question

How fast will one of those actually go?

Why, it looked really slow on the clip?

Working link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I was driving behind a lorry with a 40ft on the M50 the other night doing 100kph so I can't imagine they're all limited to 80? The Dublin Bus was doing 80 alright because the truck passed it and I was happy to sit behind the truck.

I sure as hell wouldn't have been behind him if he was driving under the speed limit on an empty motorway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I was driving behind a lorry with a 40ft on the M50 the other night doing 100kph so I can't imagine they're all limited to 80? The Dublin Bus was doing 80 alright because the truck passed it and I was happy to sit behind the truck.

I sure as hell wouldn't have been behind him if he was driving under the speed limit on an empty motorway.

trucks are not limited, drivers are, by tachograph

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement