Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

tedpan wrote: »
    However, I'm guessing he was frustrated with you sitting in the overtaking lane, which you continued to sit in even after the incident. Just my 2 cents.

The magnetic pull on his vehicle was so strong it even dragged him onto the rumble strips after the BMW passed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Isambard wrote:
    and there was someone behind you....you didn't move over for him and he undertook you to get past

Nobody behind me. If you read the topic at hand he flew down from flyover.

liamog wrote:
    You keep left whilst nobody is in front of you. Not keep right whilst nobody is behind you.

liamog wrote:
    That's not how lane discipline works. It's the other way around.

Conor Faughnan would be proud of you 😀We are all perfect drivers here apparently never do anything wrong. Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Conor Faughnan would be proud of you 😀We are all perfect drivers here apparently never do anything wrong. Good to know

That's not his point. His point is that you not should even be in that lane except when overtaking.
    You overtook and stayed there, that's not allowed.
    You say you are within your rights to stay there, in that case be prepared to have more incidences of people undertaking or worse, road rage.
    Serious issue in Ireland with people thinking they can stay in the "fast lane" and then get pissy when they are called out on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

inforfun wrote: »
    Enough with the videos, dude. This is a discussion thread.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

bear1 wrote: »
    That's not his point. His point is that you not should even be in that lane except when overtaking.
    You overtook and stayed there, that's not allowed.
    You say you are within your rights to stay there, in that case be prepared to have more incidences of people undertaking or worse, road rage.
    Serious issue in Ireland with people thinking they can stay in the "fast lane" and then get pissy when they are called out on it.

Not getting pissy about it at all,good to know you are also part of the perfect road user bridage when it suits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Took me a while to figure out what was going on, I thought they were a series of different videos until I spotted they were all inter-related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's both.

Whooooooossshhhh!!!

:D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Doltanian wrote: »
    Took me a while to figure out what was going on, I thought they were a series of different videos until I spotted they were all inter-related.

Missed it too til you said that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Lane etiquette. A few clips from today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Not getting pissy about it at all,good to know you are also part of the perfect road user bridage when it suits.

Another huge part of the problem.

Not alone are people sitting in the wrong lane, due to lack of awareness or knowledge or whatever; but that is compounded with people immediately going on the defensive.

Accept you were in the wrong and acknowledge you will need to adjust the way you drive.

I did years ago, when a work colleague give me a right ear bashing for sitting on the outer lane as well :pac:

Take it somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Had to watch that at half speed to see just how lucky he was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

fritzelly wrote: »
    Had to watch that at half speed to see just how lucky he was

And he continued on like a boss after it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That biker should buy a lottery ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'm not perfect by a long shot but I know when I should be in a certain lane and when I shouldn't be.
    Anywhooo let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nobody behind me. If you read the topic at hand he flew down from flyover.
    It's not the fast lane; it's the overtaking lane. The person you complained about drives better than you :pac;
    Lane etiquette. A few clips from today

I think you need to refocus your front lens. It shows your NCT/tax/insurance holder thing in focus, but not the car plates in front (compared to your rear view camera). Had a similar issue myself before, but found an option to focus on things 2 meters and beyond. Perhaps something to look into?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

bazz26 wrote: »
    That biker should buy a lottery ticket.

No he shouldn't he used up all his luck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

the_syco wrote:
    I think you need to refocus your front lens. It shows your NCT/tax/insurance holder thing in focus, but not the car plates in front (compared to your rear view camera). Had a similar issue myself before, but found an option to focus on things 2 meters and beyond. Perhaps something to look into?

Was it an add on? Unfortunately the cam has no focus settings built it, very annoying as the rear cam is perfect.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Cant wait for the first idiot who is having his dashcam in portrait mode.
    This one is halfway there.

Was it an add on? Unfortunately the cam has no focus settings built it, very annoying as the rear cam is perfect.

There's a few online articles about Blackvue cameras in general drifting in and out of focus, Google search might help

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Ms. jou's first contribution to the thread. :) High horse brigade anyone? ;):D

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement