Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Spook, point your cam towards the road more. It's underexposing due to being pointed at the bright sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Spook, point your cam towards the road more. It's underexposing due to being pointed at the bright sky.

I'll try it but it'll show more dashboard then, and it's the outside including overhead light gantries I want for insurance purposes not my dash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I'll try it but it'll show more dashboard then, and it's the outside including overhead light gantries I want for insurance purposes not my dash :)
    Reposition it.

endacl wrote: »
    Reposition it.

Not really a goer as it then puts the camera lower than the mirror and hence into the "visible" area of windscreen masking out possible road hazards, you know the kind of thing where people have a sat nav sat in the middle of the screen instead of a corner!

Not really a goer as it then puts the camera lower than the mirror and hence into the "visible" area of windscreen masking out possible road hazards, you know the kind of thing where people have a sat nav sat in the middle of the screen instead of a corner!

Is the camera not on a mount that allows you to pivot it? Both cameras at home are on mounts that allow you to adjust. Surely pointing it down by a few degrees will fix it. The mount doesn't have to move lower you just need to point it slightly more downwards! The mount should be able to remain behind the mirror.

The idea is to have the sky take up less than half of what the camera sees. This way the camera will meter for the road and lighting ahead, rather than the sky. As it stands, on a bright day it is possible you wouldn't be able to see anything when reviewing footage.

• Advertisement

Is the camera not on a mount that allows you to pivot it? Both cameras at home are on mounts that allow you to adjust. Surely pointing it down by a few degrees will fix it. The mount doesn't have to move lower you just need to point it slightly more downwards! The mount should be able to remain behind the mirror.

The idea is to have the sky take up less than half of what the camera sees. This way the camera will meter for the road and lighting ahead, rather than the sky. As it stands, on a bright day it is possible you wouldn't be able to see anything when reviewing footage.

Most of my driving is of night, too far down and I'll get the opposite problem, I dunno I look at the vids and TBH I don't see that much of a problem

Most of my driving is of night, too far down and I'll get the opposite problem, I dunno I look at the vids and TBH I don't see that much of a problem

You won't have the opposite problem at night. It'll expose things correctly both night and day when lowered. Worth a look anyway, wasn't having a go, just thought I'd give you a pointer. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Joujoujou's clip is in lighter conditions than your first one but still not in clear, bright sun but still easy to watch in the embedded mode.
    Your vids i always have to go for full computer screen to see detail. If i were watching those clips on anything else, i would not see the last minute exit escape i think

ccff2e25c89c22db9c1b36d1a0daba1c.png

And

a979ba38394791f94e21e1a0531cdc4a.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

good way to closed the van door

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

car passing out double white line need full screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You should have 1/3 of your dash/bonnet in view. Most dashcams adjust exposure at the centre point, with the bonnet in view this means the road ahead is in view. Point it up and it will adjust exposure to the sky and the road will be dark.

Here's a small one I posted in the bus lane thread. Chap drove like an absolute knob. He was tailgating from Palmerstown towards the M50, up ahead from the video he was speeding up the left lane, cut someone off in the middle lane as someone was merging in the left, drove down the bus lane past the Foxhunter, tailgating someone again who was turning into the Texaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

inforfun wrote: »
    Cant wait for the first idiot who is having his dashcam in portrait mode.
    This one is halfway there.
    Perhaps he was going for a Dutch angle? ;)

People really should queue in both lanes and merge in turn at the end, then you have two short queues with fair merging at the end, as opposed to one long queue and "queue jumpers" causing RR in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This isn't your typical dashcam. It's also on Facebook, so can't embed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Benzino wrote: »

Woulda stayed there and kept edging in, obviously try to keep a space with lots of room to park in coz they're such a bad driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can embed it, though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Nah. Just inch forward till you're in the space. With a big smile on your face. Dashcam would show the reality if they claimed they were 'knocked down'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Onymlifestyle

NEW DASHCAM VIDEO FROM DUBLIN Please click and sub if you like it! THANK YOU

NEW DASHCAM VIDEO FROM DUBLIN Please click and sub if you like it! THANK YOU

2:30 mins in and nothing has happened, not wasting another 6 mins

• Advertisement

Since your other thread was closed you probably shouldn't have posted it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Onymlifestyle

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You have been warned already about shilling your dashcam channel. Consider this a final warning.

Hi Lightining, thanks for you final warning! I will move myself from this thread and you can please delete all my comments no problem at all! All the best to you guys and stay cool as I am not promoting my channel just videos that I am recording even they are boring to you and I feel sorry about that!

Thanks and all the best to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Umm... back on topic then?

This kid's equally lucky and unlucky: lucky he/she wasn't sent crashing through the windscreen yet unlucky to have a parent with no brains to have the kid not even belted let alone in the front seat for such a young age... Jesus.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Umm... back on topic then?

This kid's equally lucky and unlucky: lucky he/she wasn't sent crashing through the windscreen yet unlucky to have a parent with no brains to have the kid not even belted let alone in the front seat for such a young age... Jesus.

Looks like he was doing something with the kid as well, not real clear but looks like his arm is out towards her and he's facing her

edit: Seems other people saying the same in the comments
    Double edit: it's a doll

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

not sure how you would sit in the back seat in a Ute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

They sound Taiwanese and that is very typical behaviour here, particularly in Costco car parks where that vid appears to be! Space is pretty much at a premium here but most also locals object to that type of behaviour, many cases end up on the news as they either end up in fisty cuffs or the "loser" coming back a few minutes later and keying the "winners" car.

Think I posted on here before but in case not, I had a similar incident in a Costco car park where some lady jumped in front of a space when I was about to turn into it, didn't bother to argue but did notice it was a single row space so whipped up the car park, pulled a u turn and came back down the back of the row and pulled in behind her before whoever she was holding it for arrived! She gave up and walked off, presume whoever she was holding it for had already found a space elsewhere.

^^^^

Another reason why i do most of my shopping on line....

Anyway...

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7387105/e08ffa5a/tik_em_aan_ouwe.html

Looks familiar as in... might have posted this one before but the date it was posted on dumpert is rather recent and re-posters are usually slaughtered there and i see no comments that it is a repost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I had to double take when I saw this.
    Mayor Street in Dublin has luas tracks running through it - just 1 lane for cars exiting out towards the convention centre.
    Bit of a queue and short time on traffic lights made this taxi driver very impatient! Nearly caused an accident at the end due to the confusion caused.
    I'm sure the taxi regulatory / local cop shop would love to see this...

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7382671/81092ebf/chauffeur_heeft_hekel_aan_trekker.html

This one got a follow up on Dumpert.
    Police district Noord-Nederland saw the clip, managed to find the driver and confiscated his driver's license. Transport company had been very cooperative to get the right guy and fired the guy as well

Translation of the screenshot in the spoiler, watch clip first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

inforfun wrote: »
    ^^^^

Another reason why i do most of my shopping on line....

Anyway...

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7387105/e08ffa5a/tik_em_aan_ouwe.html

Looks familiar as in... might have posted this one before but the date it was posted on dumpert is rather recent and re-posters are usually slaughtered there and i see no comments that it is a repost.

Must've been a heart attack of a stroke or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement