Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Shane_ef wrote: »
    It's technically Road cam, since it's the touristenfahrten at the ring
    A new video popped up of the 15 car crash at the ring.. so I put all 3 together
    @1:04 restart Nigel McGovwans video
    https://viewsync.net/watch?v=_JYLUL9MRyQ&t=0&v=RJ1q6hwin3w&t=198.48&v=MB_KkfIHVkk&t=0&mode=solo

Excuse my ignorance what is this? Like a normal car race? Lots of screaming at end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

First vid is kinda funny but he is lost I reckon..

https://youtu.be/6mnJsH9bnW0?t=9

Second Video.. OK i got blasted the other day for being in the wrong lane but having kept that in mind :D:D I was in the proper lane doing 120kph what speed do you reckon this audi was doing???

https://youtu.be/Z1B2YkVZbWY

jimmynokia wrote: »
    I was in the proper lane doing 120kph what speed do you reckon this audi was doing???

Somewhere between I hope there isn't a crash up ahead and I hope there isn't a Garda car behind me

(170+ he was gone in a sec)

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Somewhere between I hope there isn't a crash up ahead and I hope there isn't a Garda car behind me

(170+ he was gone in a sec)

When i got around the bend there was no sign of him he was gone,my motor shook when he went past me.. nothing was stopping him..

When i got around the bend there was no sign of him he was gone,my motor shook when he went past me.. nothing was stopping him..

Got caught going down the M1 in the middle of the night trying to get from Lincoln to Plymouth doing over 110mph - cops clocked me at 99 intentionally :rolleyes:

Got caught going down the M1 in the middle of the night trying to get from Lincoln to Plymouth doing over 110mph - cops clocked me at 99 intentionally :rolleyes:

No surprise there then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

one hundred and eighty!

jimmynokia wrote:
    Second Video.. OK i got blasted the other day for being in the wrong lane but having kept that in mind I was in the proper lane doing 120kph what speed do you reckon this audi was doing???

Seriously though, why did you move into the overtaking lane after him????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Second Video.. OK i got blasted the other day for being in the wrong lane but having kept that in mind :D:D I was in the proper lane doing 120kph what speed do you reckon this audi was doing???

https://youtu.be/Z1B2YkVZbWY
    He was overtaking people, so he was in the overtaking lane.

You're nowhere near overtaking that van, so why go into the overtaking lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Excuse my ignorance what is this? Like a normal car race? Lots of screaming at end

It's the Nurburgring Ring in Germany, they have Touristenfahrten days or Tourist days, on these days the Nordschleife or North Loop (which is 12.93 miles long) of the track is classed as a German tolled road and open to the public, so normal traffic rules apply (most of the track is unrestricted speed wise like the Autobahn) so you only pass on the left etc etc.You will see everything from scooters to Busses doing a lap of the track on these days

It's a must visit for any petrol head

Wiki link, It'll explain it better than I can

Edit: the Screaming at the end is from the crash with the Bmw and Audi at 1:53, I believe the Audi driver had to be cut out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Shane_ef wrote: »
    It's the Nurburgring Ring in Germany, they have Touristenfahrten days or Tourist days, on these days the Nordschleife or North Loop (which is 12.93 miles long) of the track is classed as a German tolled road and open to the public, so normal traffic rules apply (most of the track is unrestricted speed wise like the Autobahn) so you only pass on the left etc etc.You will see everything from scooters to Busses doing a lap of the track on these days

It's a must visit for any petrol head

Wiki link, It'll explain it better than I can

Edit: the Screaming at the end is from the crash with the Bmw and Audi at 1:53, I believe the Audi driver had to be cut out

Featured a few times on Top Gear (the real Top Gear, not that poxy sh%te with your man from Friends). Some track.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

tedpan wrote: »

Sweet mother of Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

tedpan wrote:

Here we go. The perfect driver alert. U kind of just flashed my lights at the d1ck. Is that OK

the_syco wrote:
    You're nowhere near overtaking that van, so why go into the overtaking lane?

According to you. Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

the perils of posting videos on here. Casting the first stone comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Isambard wrote: »
    the perils of posting videos on here. Casting the first stone comes to mind.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!

:pac: :cool: :rolleyes: ;):)

jimmynokia wrote:
    Here we go. The perfect driver alert. U kind of just flashed my lights at the d1ck. Is that OK

If you're gonna do it, edit the video so we can't see that part :D

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    If you're gonna do it, edit the video so we can't see that part :D

BOARDS VALUABLE TIP ALERT NUMBER 2.. Yeah I will have to try harder:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Spot the motorway jogger at 3:20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Last one looks like a van that actually got up to ****ing speed on the on-ramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Dartz wrote: »
    Last one looks like a van that actually got up to ****ing speed on the on-ramp.

He also had lots of f**king on ramp to use, and no need to be brake checking.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before a video of that bridge failure surfaced, that was a very busy route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

jaysus thats brutal

What do ye reckon, was I nailed to the wall? Or did i get away with it?

Speed van at 12 secs, speedometer on bottom of screen, 80 zone.

I reckon I may have gotten lucky as I was on the brakes by the time I was near the rear of the van. I think i was only at 81km when the van could see me... i hope..

inforfun wrote: »

In the first video, it bugs me a lot, that they recorded the truck hitting the bridge (clearly knew it was coming) instead of trying to get ahead and stop him.

• Advertisement

What do ye reckon, was I nailed to the wall? Or did i get away with it?

Speed van at 12 secs, speedometer on bottom of screen, 80 zone.

I reckon I may have gotten lucky as I was on the brakes by the time I was near the rear of the van. I think i was only at 81km when the van could see me... i hope..

You were already on the brake before you passed the van, anyway they mostly are set up to catch vehicles approaching, rather than going away.

It was most likely looking at the traffic coming the other way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement