Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Which hospital is he in? Deserves to have his head put through his own windscreen

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. Maybe just have his Opel driven up his @rse! Would be a poetic justice, don't you think? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

jaxxx wrote: »
    Nah, I wouldn't go that far. Maybe just have his Opel driven up his @rse! Would be a poetic justice, don't you think? :pac:

Just being the odd one out here, OP driving up his arse when it was patently obvious he was going into a parking spot didn't help.

Having two exit lanes is stupid, if he wanted to park head first he would have had to swing right across the dashcam from left lane, as it was he pulled into right lane and had to pull across left lane to reverse in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Jesus welcome to Coppeen we probably passed each other on that road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Down the night before doing a bit of a job in Castletownbere. Class part of the world.

I thought it was Copeen alright. The drive between Crookstown and Dunmanway is nice. My brother once got asked for ID to buy petrol for his car in the garage in Copeen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Just being the odd one out here, OP driving up his arse when it was patently obvious he was going into a parking spot didn't help.

Having two exit lanes is stupid, if he wanted to park head first he would have had to swing right across the dashcam from left lane, as it was he pulled into right lane and had to pull across left lane to reverse in
    It would have been obvious had he turned on his indicator. As it was, he basically straddled both lanes before stopping dead with no warning and then turned on his indicator.
    It's a stupid setup having spaces there, but that driver was completely oblivious to everything around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

It was no such thing, he meandered down the road with the odd wheel in the right lane and then swung across the nose of the camera car with no indications and then stopped to let the missus out with no indications and finally decided he wanted to reverse into a spot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Boardz' clip shows exactly why i only go to Blanchardstown SC very early on sunday and when i have no other choice.

I am not a patient man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

boardz wrote: »

Dickhead. Hope you had a few choice words with him!

It would have been obvious had he turned on his indicator. As it was, he basically straddled both lanes before stopping dead with no warning and then turned on his indicator.
    It's a stupid setup having spaces there, but that driver was completely oblivious to everything around him.

And the rest of yiz, sorry but I think your anticipation and observation skills need honing while driving, yes he didn't indicate until after but his whole driving manner and positioning stank of that he was going to go for a parking spot, and as to driving past loads of spaces, you don't park by Heatons if you're missus is going to Laura Ashley or wherever.

Amen to that. Now there is that old saying about the harm of assuming things, but when driving I think it's much wiser to assume that another driver will do the wrong thing. That little philosophy has served me well through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Wailin wrote: »
    Dickhead. Hope you had a few choice words with him!

The conversation went something like..

Me: Hello sir might I inquire as to why you came into my lane with n'er a hint of indication?
    Him: Because I felt like it! I put my f*cking indicator on (actual response)
    Me: This is true you did but only after I had flashed you...might I suggest that you would benefit from some lessons from a qualified driving instructor? I bid you good day.
    Him: F*%!** etc....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

And the rest of yiz, sorry but I think your anticipation and observation skills need honing while driving, yes he didn't indicate until after but his whole driving manner and positioning stank of that he was going to go for a parking spot, and as to driving past loads of spaces, you don't park by Heatons if you're missus is going to Laura Ashley or wherever.
    He would have had to drive by all the rows of spaces parallel to that road before doubling back.

The OP didn't do anything wrong. The lengths some people go to find fault with the camera car is baffling.

Go drunk Spock, you're home..

Wait.. sorry, Spook, not Spock. Geez!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Nice driving.....

Why were you in the fast lane and not overtaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is that not a junction where you don't have right of way turning right (judging by the traffic lights), doesn't excuse the taxi driver changing his mind

fritzelly wrote: »
    Is that not a junction where you don't have right of way turning right (judging by the traffic lights), doesn't excuse the taxi driver changing his mind

No you don't have a right of way, however, if a car coming the opposite direction is indicating to turn right ( as the road arrows also indicate ) then it's a reasonable assumption that he's turning right and therefore your exit from the junction should be clear, when people change their mind at the last second is when conflicts may arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Oh, that's up at Blanchardstown

Everyone ignores that because it's a layout dumber than a bag of hammers.

Dartz wrote: »

That's hammersist!

fritzelly wrote: »
    Why were you in the fast lane and not overtaking?

I'm surprised at this question perhaps you're not familiar with the location. This is Blanchardstown Shopping Centre car park. There are no fast lanes in the car park (in fact I'm not aware of any car park with a fast lane). These lanes are of equal status and you select the lane to drive on based on your intention to turn left or right on exiting the car park some 70 metres further on.

That said maybe you viewed the video on your phone but could you look at it again and tell me at what point you would have felt safe to go past the other driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

I'm surprised at this question perhaps you're not familiar with the location. This is Blanchardstown Shopping Centre car park. There are no fast lanes in the car park (in fact I'm not aware of any car park with a fast lane). These lanes are of equal status and you select the lane to drive on based on your intention to turn left or right on exiting the car park some 70 metres further on.

That said maybe you viewed the video on your phone but could you look at it again and tell me at what point you would have felt safe to go past the other driver?

i think you missed his jest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Dartz wrote: »

I hate that junction, it's layout is beyond stupid, It was working fine the way it was!!!

• Advertisement

Isambard wrote: »
    i think you missed his jest....

Oops if I did all I can say is Doh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement