Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dartz wrote: »
    Oh, that's up at Blanchardstown

Everyone ignores that because it's a layout dumber than a bag of hammers.

Changed rather recently and caught me out the first time i went there as well.
    But idiot as i am, i just took the right turn while i really didnt need to go there :D

Clueless in Athlone, one car stops in the wrong place and another just jumps the red light after going the wrong way down Sean Costello Rd (or is that two way again )

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

Close call for the jeep with the truck!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hence why one shouldn't be passing on the left.

Truck blind spots are a big problem and something that really needs better equipped adaptions to help stop these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

reklamos wrote: »

Is the time on your dashcam correct?
    At that time of the morning, I'd also do that at certain traffic lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

josip wrote: »

Do accidents hurt less at that time?

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Do accidents hurt less at that time?

The fine and points are the same go figure.....

Red means red

I've been hit a few times by red light runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

he knows he shouldn't but in the wee small hours with nothing on the roads and good visibility, well, rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of a wise man. Did none of you ever break a Law?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Isambard wrote: »
    he knows he shouldn't but in the wee small hours with nothing on the roads and good visibility, well, rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of a wise man. Did none of you ever break a Law?

What one could do if the lights don't change when they arrive at them then they should put in a request to get road sensors to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

This is a regular here, but the 1st time I remembered it! Nobody really cares though

After finding several branches already on the road and clearing them up... Language may be a bit NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

So, I got a cheap dashcam supposedly HD recorder,

Decided now, after looking at the footage it was recording the last few months, I need to get a proper one.

Heres a close call and some terrible driving from this morning.

Skip to 2 mins in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

B-D-P-- wrote: »

Decided now, after looking at the footage it was recording the last few months, I need to get a proper one.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of this video. It would be more than sufficient in determining who was at fault in the event of an accident.

You could spend €100 on a dash cam, and the picture quality might improve by 10-15% on what you already have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of this video. It would be more than sufficient in determining who was at fault in the event of an accident.

You could spend €100 on a dash cam, and the picture quality might improve by 10-15% on what you already have!

Would it stand in court though if I had an accident and wasn't my fault?

Like no number plates can be read would be my biggest fear?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Patww79 wrote: »

I started work in Cork City for a bakery and was warned not to stop for red lights in case another bread van or the Cork Examiner van (etc) hit me up the back. Was told always to stop at green lights for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

josip wrote: »

I know someone who regularly did the same thing on his way home from his late shifts at between 3 and 4 in the morning.
    Un-marked car soon put a stop to it after they followed him home have crept through three sets of Red lights.
    Fines left a nasty sting in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The quality is fine, but I would be checking some night footage to make sure. I would say that a better cam would improve things considerably in sharpness and night recording. Even some cheap camera like a Xiaomi Yi dashcam (available on amazon) would be worth a punt, it would be a definite step up in quality and only costs ~30stg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Isambard wrote: »

Really like this quote!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Skip to 2 mins in.

Maybe try to point the camera down if you can so that there's less sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Came across this while on youtube. I've seen a lot of f*cking eejits on dash cam vids throughout the years but this muppet may just take the biscuit!

WARNING: contains strong language.

Have you been frozen solid for the last 3 years that you only run into Ronnie Pickering today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

inforfun wrote: »
    Have you been frozen solid for the last 3 years that you only run into Ronnie Pickering today?

10's of thousands of dash cam videos on youtube.... Yeah I must be the only one in the world not to have heard of Ronnie Pickering..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Who?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Skip to 2 mins in.

Ok, what am I missing?
    The truck moves over to let cars pass as long as there is a hard shoulder - thats all I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

inforfun wrote: »

If only it was real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

fritzelly wrote: »
    Ok, what am I missing?
    The truck moves over to let cars pass as long as there is a hard shoulder - thats all I can see

The truck is driving on the hard shoulder, which is not a traffic lane and at 2.33 narrowly avoids taking out a car parked on said shoulder.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement