Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The truck is driving on the hard shoulder, which is not a traffic lane and at 2.33 narrowly avoids taking out a car parked on said shoulder.....

Don't know where you drive but that would be norm for a large truck to move over for cars to pass more safely on country roads
    Dunno about the parked car - but the car passing him at that time took forever to pass (10 secs) and tbh the parked doesn't look that close to me so if I was blaming anyone it would be the car driver who doesn't know how to use his accelerator

Edit to add link
    http://theory-tester.com/questions/338

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

inforfun wrote: »
    Have you been frozen solid for the last 3 years that you only run into Ronnie Pickering today?

In soviet Russia, Ronnie Pickering run into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Excuse me emmmm EXCUSE ME SIR, please please come back just listen.. After your first top up we'll match that and if you recommend a friend we'll credit €50 to your account...... :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Excuse me emmmm EXCUSE ME SIR, please please come back just listen.. After your first top up we'll match that and if you recommend a friend we'll credit €50 to your account......

That white E30 at 8 seconds was lovely.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7396157/affddbd0/audimeneer_is_piswoest.html

"Action" 50 seconds in.

And dont think for 1 second you are special with blaming the dashcammers in this kind of clips.
    Took 1 minute before the first post blaming the cammer for going too slow and staying in he overtaking lane too long.

That road has a so called "traject controle" where your average speed is measured of over an x-amount of kilometers. So going to do 100 to overtake quickly will mean you ll have to make up for that somewhere.

On motorways without that system i am all for breaking the speed limit in order to overtake as quickly as possible and not annoy the **** out of people but on those roads....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

On motorways without that system i am all for breaking the speed limit in order to overtake as quickly as possible and not annoy the **** out of people but on those roads....

Are you crazy inforfun?
    Admitting to a transgression of ze rules?

Sure, i accelerate when i overtake to make the overtake as fast as possible and then slow down to the speed limit again. That is how i was taught in the The Netherlands. But speed checks and penalty points have made it that it is now acceptable to need the full length of the M1 from Dublin to Belfast to overtake someone with 1 km/h difference.

Installed a cam in my car this weekend.
    Just wait till i post my first clip here :D

Just not sure if i should keep the sound enabled. Dont want to learn people here nothing but pure, unadulterated swearing from Rotterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Sure, i accelerate when i overtake to make the overtake as fast as possible and then slow down to the speed limit again. That is how i was taught in the The Netherlands. But speed checks and penalty points have made it that it is now acceptable to need the full length of the M1 from Dublin to Belfast to overtake someone with 1 km/h difference.

Installed a cam in my car this weekend.
    Just wait till i post my first clip here :D

Just not sure if i should keep the sound enabled. Dont want to learn people here nothing but pure, unadulterated swearing from Rotterdam.

Amen to that. Maybe not as necessary on dual carriageways/motorways but certainly on single carriage roads, speeding up when overtaking is a must. It's the only time I actually break the speed limit. Although not sure I'd bother overtaking if the difference was only 1 km/h :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Action" 50 seconds in.

Skips to 48 seconds cos I don't trust the internet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7396157/affddbd0/audimeneer_is_piswoest.html

"Action" 50 seconds in.

And dont think for 1 second you are special with blaming the dashcammers in this kind of clips.
    Took 1 minute before the first post blaming the cammer for going too slow and staying in he overtaking lane too long.

That road has a so called "traject controle" where your average speed is measured of over an x-amount of kilometers. So going to do 100 to overtake quickly will mean you ll have to make up for that somewhere.

That is effing ridiculous. I don't care if someone is hogging the overtaking lane or not, there is no excuse for that. Someone like that should be banned from driving for life, and the same goes for all brake checkers.

jaxxx wrote: »
    That is effing ridiculous. I don't care if someone is hogging the overtaking lane or not, there is no excuse for that. Someone like that should be banned from driving for life, and the same goes for all brake checkers.

Wouldnt be the first time someone ending up in court on the basis of a dashcam clip in The Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The most amazing surprising thing about that for me is the fact that everyone is stopped behind the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

boardz wrote: »
    There are no fast lanes in the car park (in fact I'm not aware of any car park with a fast lane).

There are no "fast lanes" anywhere.

GreeBo wrote: »
    The most amazing surprising thing about that for me is the fact that everyone is stopped behind the line.

A painful amount of traffic lights in The Netherlands have camera's with the trigger just after the white line.

4e5a85f70caec6927be3a59152b4c36b.png

Grey pole in the middle is a camera. Usually speed and red light combined.
    Trigger sensors are also clearly visible in the front of the picture.
    The other sensors before the white line are for the red light to go green during quiet hours.

A nice picture of your car going through a red light sets you back €230

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Never never say "No Slow Lanes anywhere"
    Slow lane definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A painful amount of traffic lights in The Netherlands have camera's with the trigger just after the white line.

Grey pole in the middle is a camera. Usually speed and red light combined.
    Trigger sensors are also clearly visible in the front of the picture.
    The other sensors before the white line are for the red light to go green during quiet hours.

A nice picture of your car going through a red light sets you back €230

If only in Ireland...

An extreme case of "I've got to be in front of that car!"
    https://www.facebook.com/adamrwood/videos/10155266057506161/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its been removed

• Advertisement

Not everyone on Boards is on Facebook so videos which are Facebook linked cannot be viewed by all. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Riva10 wrote: »
    Not everyone on Boards is on Facebook so videos which are Facebook linked cannot be viewed by all. :(
    Facebook? That's so 2017. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It should still load if you were to click the link normally. But on this occasion somebody has removed the link. Quite possibly the Russians**

** May not be them - just in case they are on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

GBX wrote: »
    It should still load if you were to click the link normally. But on this occasion somebody has removed the link. Quite possibly the Russians**

** May not be them - just in case they are on Boards.

It doesn't though thats the issue, some open most don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

boardz wrote: »
    There are no fast lanes in the car park (in fact I'm not aware of any car park with a fast lane).

Next you're going to tell us there is no Hotel California.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jeysus lads we have it handy in Ireland. Saw a smash earlier on sheikh zayed road in Dubai. The only surprising thing about it is that there isn't more of them. Tailgaiting seems mandatory here as does lack of indication, lane hopping, undertaking, flashing and beeping. Been in a few white knuckle taxi rides. The aul bejayus handle is getting it's money's worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Seve OB wrote: »
    Jeysus lads we have it handy in Ireland. Saw a smash earlier on sheikh zayed road in Dubai. The only surprising thing about it is that there isn't more of them. Tailgaiting seems mandatory here as does lack of indication, lane hopping, undertaking, flashing and beeping. Been in a few white knuckle taxi rides. The aul bejayus handle is getting it's money's worth!

Absolute idiots.. I suppose if you told them to take it handy! They would probably see it as disrespect and condescending... HORRIBLE CULTURE..

Seve OB wrote: »
    Are you sure you were not on the M50 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

i'm on facebook but it's not available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No messing in the States,just saw on Quest there now a 23 year old stopped by cops,reversed into them, even knocked down her own mother that had gotten out of the car. She sped off but all was caught on dash cam. She got 7 years for dangerous driving. The footage helped convict her.
    Over here, it'd be 3 points and a fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement