Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

She got well of there as well with 7 years.
    Surprised she wasnt shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

inforfun wrote: »
    She got well of there as well with 7 years.
    Surprised she wasnt shot.

They got her 2 days later. She fitted the "let's shoot first" demographic. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7397105/a415a3b2/agent_krijgt_vliegles.html

By the way,feck whoever originally posted the links to dumpert. It's a real timesink just clicking on random videos and then noticing an hour has passed.

• Advertisement

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7397105/a415a3b2/agent_krijgt_vliegles.html

By the way,feck whoever originally posted the links to dumpert. It's a real timesink just clicking on random videos and then noticing an hour has passed.

EJ9F6Ij.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Seve OB wrote: »
    Jeysus lads we have it handy in Ireland. Saw a smash earlier on sheikh zayed road in Dubai. The only surprising thing about it is that there isn't more of them. Tailgaiting seems mandatory here as does lack of indication, lane hopping, undertaking, flashing and beeping. Been in a few white knuckle taxi rides. The aul bejayus handle is getting it's money's worth!
    Absolute idiots.. I suppose if you told them to take it handy! They would probably see it as disrespect and condescending... HORRIBLE CULTURE..

Another car upside down on two roof in the middle of the road on our way back this evening! Thankfully today in a private car driven by an Irishman who has a bit of sense (and a nice powerful motor...) but next time I’m with an idiot taxi driver I’ll be telling them to calm down. I don’t care how they see it.

An extreme case of "I've got to be in front of that car!"
    https://www.facebook.com/adamrwood/videos/10155266057506161/
    GBX wrote: »
    Its been removed
    The video is still there, you just need to scroll down a bit, it won't allow me to link directly.
    If I see the youtube version I'll link that as well.

Car overtakes a learner by going around a roundabout on the wrong side!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

And here is how my day went...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86aJYqnxgjc

Where was that?
    I see Tesco's and driving on the right, so it isn't Athlone (most of the time)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Warsaw.
    The guy ran the stop sign, I had right of way.
    Smacked into the side of him.
    Damage is:

Door bent
    Bumper destroyed
    Xenons smashed and pushed in
    Tyre punctured
    Wing completely torn to the point it looks like someone took a can opener to it
    The trim near the windscreen has popped out so I think potential bent frame
    Bonnet fecked
    And it was pissing oil from I think the intercooler

Rough estimate from the recovery lad was about 4k euro worth of damage.
    Guy has no insurance or nct.
    Police called and he admitted fault so he has had his car taken off of him.
    Given a 120e fine and they are waiting to get final confirmation he has insurance or not cause suddenly he said he has insurance but waiting for the documents to come. Police were sceptical.
    He tried to offer me 1k euro to simply let him go so i told him not a chance.
    Gutted isn't even the right word.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Think you're gutted now? Wait till the guys on here tell you how you were completely at fault! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Gaspode wrote:
    Think you're gutted now? Wait till the guys on here tell you how you were completely at fault!

Got any content to share? This is a dash cam thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

bear1 wrote: »

You were in the right.

The other driver was in the wrong and is a dick.

But how did you not avoid that?

You had time to beep so you should've been able to avoid them!?

What do you drive?

Avoiding a collision and not damaging your car is better than being right and fcuking up your motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,048 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

In the right, so if I faint in middle of road feel free to run me over, you have right of way after all. Anyone could see he wasn't stopping. Right of way doesn't mean crash into him.

I'm amazed that I'm being told that in some shape or form I decided to crash into him.
    What does what I drive have to do with anything?
    I was going left and I had figured (stupid me right?) that the person was slowing down to a stop while I was about to make my turn.
    I beeped for what? 2/3 seconds? You can see I'm braking and beeping at the same time ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Although we regularly engage in a good game of coulda, woulda, shoulda on this thread, it's usually a vid from the internet or it was just a close call.
    In this case I think we should be mindful that it's one of our thread's regular posters involved and he's possibly facing having to pay for all or most of the damages out of his own pocket.
    He'll know better than any of us if he could have done something differently.

josip wrote: »
    Although we regularly engage in a good game of coulda, woulda, shoulda on this thread, it's usually a vid from the internet or it was just a close call.
    In this case I think we should be mindful that it's one of our thread's regular posters involved and he's possibly facing having to pay for all or most of the damages out of his own pocket.
    He'll know better than any of us if he could have done something differently.

Yeah like I should have gone to Lidl near my place :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

You had time to beep so you should've been able to avoid them!?

I hate that nonsense "If you've time to beep you should've..."
    The horn is millimeters away from your hand on the steering wheel,
    I've always braked and beeped at the same time - It's instinctive now but was never ever difficult to do both together when I was learning how to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I have forensically analyzed this video and taken into account reaction time + braking time and come to the conclusion that the uploader could have done nothing to stop in time.

Far better videos to harp at like the guy in the fast lane of the supermarket parking lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Just to show the end result anyway

446831.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

That'll buff out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I'm impressed with the GPS on the Camera, Google maps has the location spot on. The OP was right and whether or not he could avoid the accident doesn't matter it happened and nothing can change that now.

Doltanian wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the GPS on the Camera, Google maps has the location spot on. The OP was right and whether or not he could avoid the accident doesn't matter it happened and nothing can change that now.

It's a Garmin dashcam, paid about 100e for it and it's been fantastic.
    A feature I've noticed tonight which I wouldn't have known otherwise is that the moment the camera detects a crash it automatically saves the sequence of events onto a special folder. Panicked that I didn't save it till I found the folder.
    That's the ping you upon impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A feature I've noticed tonight which I wouldn't have known otherwise is that the moment the camera detects a crash it automatically saves the sequence of events onto a special folder. Panicked that I didn't save it till I found the folder.
    That's the ping you upon impact.

Thought they all did that, x seconds prior to the crash detection and after the crash detection

fritzelly wrote: »
    Thought they all did that, x seconds prior to the crash detection and after the crash detection

I know it now anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

tedpan wrote: »
    Got any content to share? This is a dash cam thread

And a chat thread too, so yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most decent dashcams have that, it's called a G sensor or something. As soon as it senses a sudden impact it saves the footage recorded from a few seconds before in a different folder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement