Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

neris wrote: »
    One from today
    Was it a Spanish truck? Believe it or not, the official teaching over there is to go all the way round a roundabout in the outside lane. Bonkers stuff altogether. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

inforfun wrote: »
    http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7401371/17657ad7/fraudeur_op_de_weg.html

Tried to find it on the mail on line website for more context but i gave up.

Edit: never mind... found it:

Its looks empty that road.
    If the driver didnt have a dashcam whats stopping the driver just going around him and driving on?
    Or actually running him over and leaving the scum there? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Woman was in her seventies and full of road rage.

She makes an appearance at the beginning but the real action starts at 2:20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Was it a Spanish truck? Believe it or not, the official teaching over there is to go all the way round a roundabout in the outside lane. Bonkers stuff altogether.

Welsh!

• Advertisement

Was it a Spanish truck? Believe it or not, the official teaching over there is to go all the way round a roundabout in the outside lane. Bonkers stuff altogether. :D
    tedpan wrote: »
    Welsh!

No it was Irish, didnt get the reg but could see it was an Irish plate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

neris wrote:
    No it was Irish, didnt get the reg but could see it was an Irish plate

Ah ok, he was driving for gwynedd shipping, based in Holyhead. I'm guessing they do a lot of business over here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The thing that pisses me off about that truck clip is the van throwing his 'right of way' indicator on cutting off the truck. It's common for trucks to be carrying 20,000kg+ of extremely hazardous chemicals. The shipping/warehouse agents don't always load them securely and some products may get loose/damaged in transit or maybe are stacked incorrectly on top of each other and will fall over.

People are so unaware they could be driving down the M50 next to a truck containing chemicals that will kill you if you breathe them in, will ignite at contact with air or even explode at room temperature.

The thing that gets me is they people drive around them like they're just another car on the road. The size of a 40ft doesn't phase them, despite being much smaller in a car. They don't respect the space they need or the stopping distances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

DaveyDave wrote: »
    The thing that pisses me off about that truck clip is the van throwing his 'right of way' indicator on cutting off the truck. It's common for trucks to be carrying 20,000kg+ of extremely hazardous chemicals. The shipping/warehouse agents don't always load them securely and some products may get loose/damaged in transit or maybe are stacked incorrectly on top of each other and will fall over.

People are so unaware they could be driving down the M50 next to a truck containing chemicals that will kill you if you breathe them in, will ignite at contact with air or even explode at room temperature.

The thing that gets me is they people drive around them like they're just another car on the road. The size of a 40ft doesn't phase them, despite being much smaller in a car. They don't respect the space they need or the stopping distances.

In fairness, the professional truck driver has a higher duty of care than the private motorist. Such duty of care would put a higher expectation on the truck driver to choose the correct lane to exit the roundabout and not expect everyone else to keep their distance in case the cargo is hazardous!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So i just went through 20gb of footage of my recently installed dashcam.
    I am waiting for red lights a lot.

98% meh...
    A few clips i wouldnt mind to put in a small video but need software to edit the parts out of otherwise me waiting for red lights....
    Any recommendations for easy editing software?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

98% meh...
    A few clips i wouldnt mind to put in a small video but need software to edit the parts out of otherwise me waiting for red lights....
    Lightworks. There's a free verson, that's easy to use.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yeah... i did install that but felt like Steven Spielberg at the buttons when i had a quick look.
    Will give it a go. And see that happens

Yeah... i did install that but felt like Steven Spielberg at the buttons when i had a quick look.
    Will give it a go. And see that happens
    Found it similar to Sony Vegas. Can only do basic stuff with it, however there are videos explaining some more advanced stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

Simple enough to use and cut stuff together

DaveyDave wrote: »

Would do a bit of damage to your passenger window if you were cruising beside him

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Always wonder why people drive like this risking an accident, penalty points and damage to your car to get one car ahead. I ended up behind him at the lights at Blanchardstown village 5 or 6 minutes later so all to no avail.

boardz wrote: »
    Always wonder why people drive like this risking an accident, penalty points and damage to your car to get one car ahead. I ended up behind him at the lights at Blanchardstown village 5 or 6 minutes later so all to no avail.

Arseholes gonna be arseholes, some people just hate being stuck behind a car doing the legal speed limit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

L-Plates Check
    Blonde Hair Check
    Small Car Check
    Bad Driving Check

Doltanian wrote: »

L-Plates Check
    Blonde Hair Check
    Small Car Check
    Bad Driving Check

The look she gave you says it all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I see a lot of dodgy driving on the Ongar distributor road, between the roundabouts and long straights it brings out all manor of muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

98% meh...

I used the method in this video for downloading movie maker when I upgraded my laptop, The last step in the video is crucial to make the movie maker work properly...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBlhuXLu4i8

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I used the method in this video for downloading movie maker when I upgraded my laptop, The last step in the video is crucial to make the movie maker work properly...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBlhuXLu4i8

And with that should come a very high buyer beware warning!!!
    If you aint downloading it from MS you don't know whats in it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

fritzelly wrote: »

Absolutely. I would not be going down this route of installing legacy software from dodgey sources.

I use shotcut:

https://shotcut.org/

Free, runs on almost everything. I run it on my linux box and it works well. I only use it to trim and splice footage. Nothing more. Although it does allow you to do a lot more.

Absolutely. I would not be going down this route of installing legacy software from dodgey sources.

I use shotcut:

Free, runs on almost everything. I run it on my linux box and it works well. I only use it to trim and splice footage. Nothing more. Although it does allow you to do a lot more.

That looks nice, never heard of it

L-Plates Check
    Blonde Hair Check
    Small Car Check
    Bad Driving Check
    She probably assumed you were going right, as you were in the inner lane?
    fritzelly wrote: »
    I'd say it installs a bit of malware onto your system.
    I use shotcut:

Looks nice. May look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

the_syco wrote: »
    She probably assumed you were going right, as you were in the inner lane?
    That's a bit harsh...clearly he was in both lanes!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Plenty of suggestions here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057832769

I've been playing around with Adobe Premiere Pro CC lately and find it very powerful and relatively easy to navigate - example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

L-Plates Check
    Blonde Hair Check
    Small Car Check
    Bad Driving Check

Racing Line through Roundabout Check
    e9ffbfbf_o.png

TBF She probably assumed you were changing to inside lane to leave at exit after hers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement