Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ah ted, c'mon,you can't be coming on here defending yourself like that.
    You should know by now the punishment for posting a video is to endure the onslaught of outrage by the infallible boards dash-cam committee!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I have the poker redenning in the stove as we speak Ted..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Pedestrian decides not to bother crossing the road correctly, truck driver was looking to his right waiting for a gap in the traffic, pedestrian was waiting on the same gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

eamonnq wrote: »

Pedestrian decides not to bother crossing the road correctly, truck driver was looking to his right waiting for a gap in the traffic, pedestrian was waiting on the same gap.

Stupidity is something that seems to be getting worse.....

Stupidity is something that seems to be getting worse.....
    not really, we're just seeing it recorded more often.

• Advertisement

not really, we're just seeing it recorded more often.

Well I've seen it myself more & more....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ahhhh for forks sake!

The woman in the white car was driving in the right hand lane, entered the roundabout in the right hand lane and veered into the left lane and back into the right lane and hogged it all the way up.

She was much, much closer than it looks in the video.

Further up the road, a motorbiker knocked on my window when we were stopped at traffic lights and said he'll report me to the Gardaí for dangerous driving for not letting the "lady" into the lane. :confused:

The mind boggles....

I do get all sorts having a go at me even starting and only thing I'm doing is waiting for green light.

Another is when driving an over size vehicle it needs wide turns and of course extra road space I've been threatened, followed, abused and even had wipers pulled off and mirrors bashed in etc....

Some people are complete time bombs and I do always wonder imagine if I or someone else actually did make a mistake or you know did block them or whatever they think you're meant to have done.

Absolute nuts out there.

That motorbike rider obviously takes the same racing line as the white car so in his small brain probably actually thinks it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

tedpan wrote: »

Its funny how in the one clip that you appear to be booting it along, the speed/etc details are missing from the clip :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

GreeBo wrote:
    Its funny how in the one clip that you appear to be booting it along, the speed/etc details are missing from the clip

125km/h.. I drive a Nissan leaf. Didn't want to display the speed as knew an idiot like you would comment

Mod note - you win a holiday for uncivilness (it's a word now)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

The top speed is 140. The GPS displayed 125km/h. The Speedo/GPS can be off by 10%.

I didn't say I was speeding, I said that 125km/h was displayed on the dashcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

125km/h.. I drive a Nissan leaf. Didn't want to display the speed as knew an idiot like you would comment

Calling BS on this.
    I've never seen a leaf doing more than 95.

:)

Terribly sorry if my commenting on your video where you say you were speeding nearly caused you to have an accident :cool:

GreeBo wrote:
    Terribly sorry if my commenting on your video where you say you were speeding nearly caused you to have an accident

Sure that's what happened, also I didn't say I was speeding. Thanks for the apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Well used to red light runners at this junction but this she's taking the piss, rolling on without a care in the world.

https://streamable.com/7c9ns

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The top speed is 140. The GPS displayed 125km/h. The Speedo/GPS can be off by 10%.

I didn't say I was speeding, I said that 125km/h was displayed on the dashcam.

Speedo on a leaf may be off by 10%, but GPS speed on an open road is generally accurate to around 1km/h. You were likely speeding but not to an excessive degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Regarding two cars intending to go into the middle lane, I've heard the car in front has right of way because the car in the rear can see them as opposed to the car in front not being able to see two lanes over. Anyone know how true this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

Dunno I always applied the yield to traffic from the right rule to this, that said anytime I've been in either position I always stop the lane change and return to the lane I was in and wait again until its clear to complete the move.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Regarding two cars intending to go into the middle lane, I've heard the car in front has right of way because the car in the rear can see them as opposed to the car in front not being able to see two lanes over. Anyone know how true this is?

I believe the outer car is seen as completing an overtake so would have right have way, however it doesnt seem to be true in this case due to "congested" traffic.

Using the footage the car on the inside indicates first, but I'd guess it would be a 50:50 blame scenario without it.

This is one of the reasons why overtaking on the left is so dangerous, typically there shouldnt be anyone inside the car on the right, so sometimes people dont confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

You've got to wonder if this is a regular occurrence..
    Whitworth Road this evening

12-RN-1548

Used motorcheck to confirm reg I saw as Camera focus is a bit rubbish off-center,
    2012 Volvo S40 1.6 D Drive SE LUX Start Stop 4DR

I could see where he cut in near the traffic light ahead and the Distance from me was just under 200m/~600feet. Not sure how far behind me he started his jump but probably quite a distance.

Driving standards in Dublin are absolutely on the floor.
    I don't even post half the ****e I see anymore as its so common that its lost its novelty and no longer unusual/remarkable.

You've got to wonder if this is a regular occurrence..
    Whitworth Road this evening

12-RN-1548

Used motorcheck to confirm reg I saw as Camera focus is a bit rubbish off-center,
    2012 Volvo S40 1.6 D Drive SE LUX Start Stop 4DR

I could see where he cut in near the traffic light ahead and the Distance from me was just under 200m/~600feet. Not sure how far behind me he started his jump but probably quite a distance.

Driving standards in Dublin are absolutely on the floor.
    I don't even post half the ****e I see anymore as its so common that its lost its novelty and no longer unusual/remarkable.

Please report them ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Please report them ridiculous carry on.

That's a lot of hassle.
    It would be much easier to stick a video up on You Tube with the reg in the title so that google will find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

josip wrote: »
    That's a lot of hassle.
    It would be much easier to stick a video up on You Tube with the reg in the title so that google will find it.

It is a lot of hassle but a video on youtube wont convince them to change their ways, assuming they even find it. That said, of the few times I've called trafficwatch, most of them I was talked out of reporting it with "You know you might have to go to court and that'd be hassle", etc. :rolleyes:

It is a lot of hassle but a video on youtube wont convince them to change their ways, assuming they even find it. That said, of the few times I've called trafficwatch, most of them I was talked out of reporting it with "You know you might have to go to court and that'd be hassle", etc. :rolleyes:

They do that as so many say ah yeah of course and then they go do all the paperwork and then the complainant then doesn't bother to go ahead with it.

It actually happens a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That said, of the few times I've called trafficwatch, most of them I was talked out of reporting it with "You know you might have to go to court and that'd be hassle", etc. :rolleyes:

More a case of I don't want to do the paperwork - alas too prevalent in Ireland
    In the UK you can send your videos in and when necessary pursued

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I reported a clip to trafficwatch before but it didn't get investigated because someone was on vacation so I was told.

I might report this one but the problem here is you can't see the reg in the clip nor can you see the rest of the manoeuvre.

Many of these drivers need to be put off the road before they kill someone as a serial offender Dorothy Bruns did in NYC.

• Advertisement

More entertainment from the UK :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement