Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

That 9 mile stone roundabout is a particular bug bear of mine.
    What gets to me is the amount of people who come from the Swords side, heading for Ashbourne (almost using the full circle of the roundabout), who stay in the left lane the whole way round.
    And.
    Dont get me started about the amount of people on this roundabout who don't use indicators.......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tell me about it!!

What about the ones that go from Ashbourne to the M2 (220 degrees) all the way on the left lane? :mad: :mad:

What about the ones that split 3 lanes when exiting the inner lane of the roundabout to the outer lane of the exit? :mad: :mad:

In fairness there are some design issues, but drivers make it even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi there here are two recent clips.

Both happen to be roundabout clips and I have a red light runner but have to find it.

The Mercedes used the left lane to go right and used no indication which is no surprise.

The other he just floored it and this is a tough one coming from the direction of the money van as it's a blind corner.

https://youtu.be/_yrCUS1cv4E

https://youtu.be/IElKT5xOoK0

Oh in the last clip he planted the brakes and wanted a fight....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

yannakis wrote: »
    What about the ones that go from Ashbourne to the M2 (220 degrees) all the way on the left lane? :mad: :mad:
    I had a couple of cars take the left lane going from Ratoath to the M2 while I was in the right lane going from Ratoath to Coolquay. That was great fun on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Montiii

Hi there here are two recent clips.

Both happen to be roundabout clips and I have a red light runner but have to find it.

The Mercedes used the left lane to go right and used no indication which is no surprise.

The other he just floored it and this is a tough one coming from the direction of the money van as it's a blind corner.

https://youtu.be/_yrCUS1cv4E

https://youtu.be/IElKT5xOoK0

Oh in the last clip he planted the brakes and wanted a fight....

The 2nd clip, that roundabout at Barnhill stores is a nightmare.
    Only last week I was going the exact same way as yourself and a young girl, on her phone followed the same path as the Jag.
    I've probably had about 30 close calls on that roundabout in the last 2 years

To embed the clip what way do I add it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

inforfun wrote: »
    tedpan wrote: »
    Why didn't he hit the brakes, nobody was behind him?!
    big overreaction IMO
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Classic case of idiot gets off scott free and leaves carnage behind them, hope they caught them
    wouldnt say an idiot as such, blind spot, didnt see most likely there was a car there (should have). not disputing they were the couse though, but i do thing the ****** peugeot could have done a better job

Seve OB wrote: »
    big overreaction IMO

wouldnt say an idiot as such, blind spot, didnt see most likely there was a car there (should have). not disputing they were the couse though, but i do thing the ****** peugeot could have done a better job

It should be taught as it's such a dangerous reaction to have especially at speed.

As a professional driver of large vehicles it's one thing that's beat into you to not do so unless absolutely necessary.

If two vehicles are lane changing and meet yes it's not a great outcome but it's better then wiping out oneself or others in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

inforfun wrote: »
    Filming in portrait while driving.
    For me that is a double death penalty earned there.

I often wonder if people who film in portrait mode have their Televisions mounted on their side :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

To embed the clip what way do I add it??

You wrap the video id in [YOU-TUBE] [/YOU-TUBE]. Exclude the dashes though - they are just for this demonstration.

Video ID is that last part of a link https //youtu be/IElKT5xOoK0

josip wrote: »
    Is that Taiwan?
    A lot of the driving reminds me of what you'd see in Legoland driving school.

I think many are from Hong Kong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yannakis wrote: »
    You wrap the video id in [YOU-TUBE] [/YOU-TUBE]. Exclude the dashes though - they are just for this demonstration.

Video ID is that last part of a link https //youtu be/IElKT5xOoK0

Just click the youtube link when writing a post...

Yet more UK dash cam videos, not all roundabout wringers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Yet more UK dash cam videos, not all roundabout wringers.

First clip - was that joburg. Seriously!
    Some good clips in that one

First clip - was that joburg. Seriously!
    Some good clips in that one
    Not with those Number Plates, Definitely UK, I'm guessing near Dover where the migrants escape from the lorries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not with those Number Plates, Definitely UK, I'm guessing near Dover where the migrants escape from the lorries.

Yeah, was joking, kinda thing you see in those parts - plus what was happening on the other side of the motorway

Not sure about the migrants, looks like he has a diamond ring on his finger...then again what is a migrant...

Yeah, was joking, kinda thing you see in those parts - plus what was happening on the other side of the motorway

Not sure about the migrants, looks like he has a diamond ring on his finger...then again what is a migrant...
    My guess is that they had just jumped out the back of the lorry and were looking to hijack a car to drive anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Those Russian videos make the UK ones look really lame. In the UK, it's just dickheads being dickheads. The Russian ones are like scenes from an action movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

My guess is that they had just jumped out the back of the lorry and were looking to hijack a car to drive anywhere.

He stuck something to the car didn't he? like a tracker maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

]

why reverse it? I don't get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Isambard wrote: »

Prevents our brains exploding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Annoying cyclist ignores to use cycle lane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEaxJFfddto

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Annoying cyclist ignores to use cycle lane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEaxJFfddto

The bike lane that has construction signs covering half of it? The one that leads the cyclist into a position where he has to yield to traffic coming from the side road - that one?

Why aren't all those motorists on the motorway, that's what I want to know. I mean, we build all the motorways from the taxes paid mostly by cyclists (given their higher than average cyclists) and the motorists won't bloody use them, Joe - it's infuriating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Why aren't all those motorists on the motorway, that's what I want to know. I mean, we build all the motorways from the taxes paid mostly by cyclists (given their higher than average cyclists) and the motorists won't bloody use them, Joe - it's infuriating!

The signs are small and easy to manoeuvre around also from the second path there was none. This clown was on the road from start where there was NO SIGNS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Just noticed that clip and this Tweet !
    A car and trailer with a car in a trailer :D

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/981225889794023424

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Patww79 wrote: »
    Yeah, certainly lots of poorly designed bike lanes around the country.
    jimmynokia wrote: »
    The signs are small and easy to manoeuvre around also from the second path there was none. This clown was on the road from start where there was NO SIGNS

The cyclist is small and easy to manouvre around, but you thought it significant enough to post a video here? Presumably he knows well that there is some construction going on in the area, so he's avoiding the lanes. Or he knows well that the design of the bike lanes puts him in a position where he has to yield to traffic coming from the side roads, so he avoids the lanes [the issue you ignored in your response].

What problem did it cause for you - were you delayed for a couple of seconds in getting to the back of the next queue of cars?

BTW, the 'arrogant a hole cyclist' as you described him in the video description is a person. He is somebody's son, somebody's brother, somebody's dad. He has the same right to use the road as you do.

https://www.independent.ie/life/all-motorists-see-is-a-bike-not-the-person-riding-it-30798396.html

Isambard wrote: »
    Why not.
    I do it because I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Oh I see the cycling nazies have arrived on queue.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I often notice that cyclists ignore the cycle lanes when they're badly engineered, the good cycle lanes are well used.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement