Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7409693/361ff50a/trucker_ramt_bewust.html

Be careful if you have headphones. Around 1:45 the sound gets a bit loud.
    There is a warning for that but it is in Dutch and i take it you havent all bothered to learn Dutch despite all the dumpert links i drop here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

inforfun wrote: »
    https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7409693/361ff50a/trucker_ramt_bewust.html

Be careful if you have headphones. Around 1:45 the sound gets a bit loud.
    There is a warning for that but it is in Dutch and i take it you havent all bothered to learn Dutch despite all the dumpert links i drop here :D

So what was the story behind it???

Nothing happens till well over a minute in then beeping....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Waar heb je het over? Ik heb geen Nederlands geleerd vanwege je links. Ik heb Nederlands van je links geleerd!!

:pac:

So what was the story behind it???

Nothing happens till well over a minute in then beeping....

Recap:

Twat in Volvo using cruise control on a busy road where max speed switched from 80 to 100 a few times.
    Truck twat does a couple of overtake attempts but every time he does, the adaptive cruise control speeds up because the max speed changes.
    Truck twat is fed up and pushes Volvo twat of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Nothing special just a timelapse I made from the airport to before the m9 last year. 

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Strangely hypnotic!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Recap:

Twat in Volvo using cruise control on a busy road where max speed switched from 80 to 100 a few times.
    Truck twat does a couple of overtake attempts but every time he does, the adaptive cruise control speeds up because the max speed changes.
    Truck twat is fed up and pushes Volvo twat of the road.

Why was the volvo a twat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Nothing special just a timelapse I made from the airport to before the m9 last year. 
    lambayire wrote: »
    Strangely hypnotic!

Mesmerising!

GreeBo wrote: »
    Why was the volvo a twat?

I regret posting that clip now..... Too much Dutch to explain.

Twat imho:
    Driving on cruise control on a busy road like that.
    2x speeding up when the truck tries to over take him, 2x slowing down when truck gives up and gets back behind him.
    Definitely not helped by "intelligent" cruise control there but he is still the person switching that one.

• Advertisement

I regret posting that clip now..... Too much Dutch to explain.

Twat imho:
    Driving on cruise control on a busy road like that.
    2x speeding up when the truck tries to over take him, 2x slowing down when truck gives up and gets back behind him.
    Definitely not helped by "intelligent" cruise control there but he is still the person switching that one.

You mean he was turning in on and off or just that he turned it on in the first place?

I don't see any issue with using ACC on that road, no difference between the ACC changing speed versus the driver doing it.

The truck should either stay behind him or pass him...certainly shouldn't run him off the road!

What was the outcome at the end, I saw Police mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Audio removed from a clip due to some ;) NSFW language.

Turning it on when it is that busy is what makes him a twat to me.
    Starts with ACC on 80 at start of the clip (77 acc to GPS)
    At 0035 in the clip he mentions the truck moving to the overtaking lane and 5 seconds later he sets the acc to 100 manually
    At 0051 truck moves back in the right lane and start flashing his lights. In the right bottom of the clip you see the Volvo slowing down (because of his acc?)
    And why on earth volvo driver hangs on his horn while the truck is still behing him... i dont know. Just like i dont know why he keeps on backing into the truck after the first hit.

= 2 twats.

Outcome is that the dash cam footage will nail truck driver who declared to the police that Volvo drove into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

joujoujou wrote: »

opens peanuts, sits back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Isambard wrote: »
    opens peanuts, sits back...
    MMMmmmmmrrrraaaawwwwww, I'm a racing driver. :D

Turning it on when it is that busy is what makes him a twat to me.
    Starts with ACC on 80 at start of the clip (77 acc to GPS)
    At 0035 in the clip he mentions the truck moving to the overtaking lane and 5 seconds later he sets the acc to 100 manually
    At 0051 truck moves back in the right lane and start flashing his lights. In the right bottom of the clip you see the Volvo slowing down (because of his acc?)
    And why on earth volvo driver hangs on his horn while the truck is still behing him... i dont know. Just like i dont know why he keeps on backing into the truck after the first hit.

= 2 twats.

Outcome is that the dash cam footage will nail truck driver who declared to the police that Volvo drove into him.

Ah ok, I didn't get that he was manually changing the speed, in that case yes, he was acting the twat.

The Trucker was a psychopath though!

Yeah, as the volvo driver I'd like to think I would hit the brakes in that scenario rather than play dodgems.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Truck driver in them situation is better of letting off the power and letting said Volvo twat off and forget about him.

People really hate being over taken for some weird reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Maybe he didn't hear your siren or see your blue lights as you were heading to the SHOOTING in progress scene!?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Why'd you overtake the suv who also pulled in to let the cops pass?

There was no need to slow down so much, if at all. She gave no indication that she was pulling back out. If she wasn't in front I wouldn't have slowed down at all. The car behind me followed me. Looking in the mirror a couple of hundred meters up the road, she was still in the hard shoulder.
    Trying to catch up with the action? :confused:

No, it just looked like that. I played that section at x5 normal speed. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

No, it just looked like that. I played that section at x5 normal speed. :D:D

I dunno WW, them other cars seem to be going fairly slow for x5 normal speed on the other side of the road. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

TallGlass wrote: »
    I dunno WW, them other cars seem to be going fairly slow for x5 normal speed on the other side of the road. :pac:
    He kept it to 100km/hr. Look at the speed on the sat nav :)

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7410549/53aab7a2/vliegend_schoolmeisje.html

Show your kids this. And anyone else who thinks they dont need to look both sides when crossing.

She survived

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Can't believe that the just moved her like that. :eek:
    Don't worry about a neck or spinal injury lads......................

Exactly what I was thinking!

I guess the onlookers are also in shock, but I'd like to think I wouldn't move someone like that. Then again, if you didnt actually see the crash you might not realise the severity...?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

but using your hand held phone to record video seems to be ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7410549/53aab7a2/vliegend_schoolmeisje.html

Show your kids this. And anyone else who thinks they dont need to look both sides when crossing.

She survived

All angles covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

And the taxi driver beside her stays in the car after it happens.
    Didn't give a...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Graphic one from Poland.

Drunk Russian driver after the whole thing tried to escape, but was stopped by other drivers and handed over to Police.

Female bicycle rider has both hands broken as well as jawbone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Anyone get freaked out a bit by the spider?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement