Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

inforfun wrote: »
    I regret posting that clip now..... Too much Dutch to explain.

Twat imho:
    Driving on cruise control on a busy road like that.
    2x speeding up when the truck tries to over take him, 2x slowing down when truck gives up and gets back behind him.
    Definitely not helped by "intelligent" cruise control there but he is still the person switching that one.

I'm not opening Dumpert links in work, but if it's one of the newer Volvo's (XC90/V90/S90) they have adaptive cruise control that also works in conjunction with speed limit signs, if that option is switched on, so it's quite possible the driver has ACC set to >100km/h with the speed limit recognition switched on, so the car drives itself up to the speed limit (while keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front, and in between the white lines) without the driver doing any more than keeping enough pressure on the steering wheel to let the car know he's still conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sugarman wrote: »
    Why the feck did she keep on cycling forward as she seen the watched the car spin towards her:confused:

What are you on? There was max 2 seconds to react to that, she managed to swerve left and was likely on the brakes. What else was she to do?

R.O.R wrote: »
    I'm not opening Dumpert links in work, but if it's one of the newer Volvo's (XC90/V90/S90) they have adaptive cruise control that also works in conjunction with speed limit signs, if that option is switched on, so it's quite possible the driver has ACC set to >100km/h with the speed limit recognition switched on, so the car drives itself up to the speed limit (while keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front, and in between the white lines) without the driver doing any more than keeping enough pressure on the steering wheel to let the car know he's still conscious.

Clip mentions ACC 4 clicks up > 100 Km\h

Now i am not sure if those 4 clicks are doen by the driver or the ACC but yes it was an Ovlov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

inforfun wrote: »
    GreeBo wrote: »
    What the actual F?

drive it like you stole it!

R.O.R wrote: »

This was my assumption too, he wasnt doing anything manually.

I can see why this might be annoying for the truck, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

What are you on? There was max 2 seconds to react to that, she managed to swerve left and was likely on the brakes. What else was she to do?

She could have stuck it in reverse.....:p:p

she quite clearly hit the brakes and had about a second to get out of the way!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

She barely reacted at all. She stopped pedaling and free wheeled into the cars path for those 2 seconds. No brakes what so ever. She didnt expect the car to hit the barrier by the looks of it and thought she'd get away by slowing down and passing it by instead of stopping. Poor reaction.

Aye your right, its all entirely her fault and deserved to be hit!
    Sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Seve OB wrote: »
    she quite clearly hit the brakes and had about a second to get out of the way!!!!!!!

There's nothing you can do. Most likely your body will just freeze and wait for the inevitable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

What was dangerous about the 2nd clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

josip wrote: »

Breaking a single white line but looks like it was broken just about or just after they started overtaking

Edit:
    Tell a lie, it was a solid white line til after they nearly passed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

And the taxi driver beside her stays in the car after it happens.
    Didn't give a...
    The dashcam looking back at the taxi appears to show the driver putting his right hand to his ear - possibly doing the best thing he could - calling the emergency services. At least he didn't do as the other two imbeciles did and lift her to see if any broken parts fall off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

She barely reacted at all. She stopped pedaling and free wheeled into the cars path for those 2 seconds. No brakes what so ever. She didnt expect the car to hit the barrier by the looks of it and thought she'd get away by slowing down and passing it by instead of stopping. Poor reaction.

Where could she have gone?
    Brakes or not the car was hitting her.

If she swerved left she could have been hit by another oncoming car.

If she swerved right that would be a good chance she would go under the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Nothing at all. There is a single white line there because of the bend the camcar just passed. I can't understand why double lines with one side broken are not employed in such a situation. It's perfectly clear it was safe to overtake as the Gard did going away form the bend but it's also breaking the Law. It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

^^^
    The red light running brigade will blame the traffic with the right of way for clip 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

2 impressive hits by the onlookers.

For the first hit, I was wondering WTF was going on.
    I was thinking; dopey pedestrian!!

Edit: yellow card for the no arms in the tackle though.
    You'd think a Welshman would know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

lambayire wrote: »
    2 impressive hits by the onlookers.

For the first hit, I was wondering WTF was going on.
    I was thinking; dopey pedestrian!!

Pretty amazing really. The guy didn't have a chance. I wonder what he did...

Jaysus, cop car didn't look to be in total control at the end there!
    Looks like it almost slid into the rest of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Pretty amazing really. The guy didn't have a chance. I wonder what he did...

Was involved in an altercation in which he had a knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

woejus wrote: »

Bloody cyclists!

Gets popcorn sits back and waits

For real context link to news item

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭gmacww

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Bloody cyclists!

Damn you I was just about to post the same. They're all the same!!!!

lambayire wrote: »

Probably a soccer player ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement