Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

TallGlass wrote: »
    Could be a repost?

OMG, not even near Xmas this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

fritzelly wrote: »
    OMG, not even near Xmas this time

Deleted it anyway! Not worth me arse posting on this..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This car originally went from the left lane straight to the far right lane right behind me at and was driving at speed swapping lanes.
    I caught up with him here.

I've heard this was a thing to avoid the toll?

Just realized the awful music! Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes but they fitted rear facing cameras to catch exactly the likes of him.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This car originally went from the left lane straight to the far right lane right behind me at and was driving at speed swapping lanes.

Dangerous thing to do for the sake of a few euro but why then move away, think he was going for crash for cash but not happening
    Seriously think about reporting it to the garda, number plate nice and clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

whiskeyman wrote: »

Dangerous thing to do for the sake of a few euro but why then move away, think he was going for crash for cash but not happening
    Seriously think about reporting it to the garda, number plate nice and clear

I would be stunned if the gardai could be arsed doing anything about that. Call them and expect the usual "you know you will have to go to court".

Damien360 wrote: »
    I would be stunned if the gardai could be arsed doing anything about that. Call them and expect the usual "you know you will have to go to court".

Can they not enter it on pulse as a report then if something happens involving the car it flags that up - dunno how the pulse system works but thought it kinda worked like that. Not that they log a charge for dangerous driving this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Damien360 wrote: »

Me too..

A few clips from the past three days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Patww79 wrote: »

Pat I'd say you could definitely reposition your camera better.

the top 60% of your screen is just the sky, the lower 40% is on the road (where all the action happens), and even at that, some of it is blocked with the rear view mirror mount as well as another suction mount.

Too much sky on screen on a bright day tends to darken the rest of the image, although in fairness the Yi does a good job of balancing the light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pat I'd say you could definitely reposition your camera better.

the top 60% of your screen is just the sky, the lower 40% is on the road (where all the action happens), and even at that, some of it is blocked with the rear view mirror mount as well as another suction mount.

Too much sky on screen on a bright day tends to darken the rest of the image, although in fairness the Yi does a good job of balancing the light.

100% agree. It will mean it shows more of the inside of the car, but it will give a better image for what matters, especially when facing the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I hate fnuckers who drive at speed the wrong way....

Happens quite a lot unfortunately.

I hate fnuckers who drive at speed the wrong way....

Happens quite a lot unfortunately.
    It appears to me that the road has a wide median with no barriers, it looks like the car lost control on the opposite carriageway and crossed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Queues off the motorway are lethal anyway. It's far too easy to both get locked out by morons going bumper to bumper, or end up going into the back of someone who swung into the gap at the tail of the queue to avoid having to deal with the morons going bumper to bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

It appears to me that the road has a wide median with no barriers, it looks like the car lost control on the opposite carriageway and crossed over.

It looks like a concrete barrier to me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

josip wrote: »

What I was thinking, except it’s a pretty poor dash cam so hard to make out

I'm looking at it on the phone but he is very straight and looks to be booting it along, quite possible lost bearings. 1st car clips and Carnage after that.

I would guess some deaths....

josip wrote: »

There does indeed look like there is a kerb of some type of at least a good few inches on the other side but the car itself was on the wrong side only seconds into the video so impossible to say when he happened to be on the wrong side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

boardz wrote: »
    Almost......

No MSM there

No MSM there

True that.......just SM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

No MSM there

To focused on breaking the amber light..

boardz wrote: »
    True that.......just SM

Going into dangerous territory now ;)

Going into dangerous territory now ;)

True that 2 ....meandering off topic :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Potato-quality dashcam from the famous Bargain Alerts thread, but this morning made me decide to get a better quality one. Fairly woke me up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7416343/92c9a532/achtervolging_politie_vanaf_denekamp_richting_duitsland.html

Mix of dash cam and body cams from Dutch police in pursuit of a stolen van.
    Ended up in Germany in the end.

Had a right laugh between minute 2 and 3. Was so obvious what was going to happen....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement