Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

inforfun wrote: »
    From Dickwod's clip, the twat on the roundabout

108b16e70716369afbf81f8edeac7925.png

Now, people with better eyes than me might convince me otherwise but i read 151LH472 which comes back as a Nissan Note. That is not a Nissan Note.

I see a numberplate shaped blur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Now, people with better eyes than me might convince me otherwise but i read 151LH472 which comes back as a Nissan Note. That is not a Nissan Note.

Its 151LH972 (Cartell says its a Yaris)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The one with better eyes has been found :)

But really, based on clips like that, the gardai should pay a visit and bring a pair of scissors for the drivers license.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

The one with better eyes has been found :)

But really, based on clips like that, the gardai should pay a visit and bring a pair of scissors for the drivers license.
    Very, very strong chance it's a rental. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

So... how do people here who make their own clips remember when something relatively interesting happened?
    I look at the time when something happens and write on a note pad "10:15 taxi - 12:00 cyclist" and so on, then later at home I look at the clip and if its worth saving I open it with Vegas and snip/crop etc. then send it to documents, In documents I'd have a few folders named "pedestrians - red lights - near miss" etc. and move it to the relevant folder, when making the compilation all the clips are in their folders ready to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I look at the time when something happens and write on a note pad "10:15 taxi - 12:00 cyclist"

While driving tut tut ;)

GBX wrote: »
    Wow .. one lucky biker!

Thats what I was thinking while cringing, I dont like watching gory clips and thought he was a goner for sure!

fritzelly wrote: »
    While driving tut tut ;)
    Ha! I wish I could drive non stop all the time but most of the time I'm stopped in traffic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Thats not a merge, thats a fuçk it, here I come!

My god, could she not be going any slower

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Here is one from earlier....

1. I'm shocked at how an actual Audi driver indicated.
    2. I'm not one bit surprised at how she drove after doing so.

https://youtu.be/bpCaIct2SaU

Also can someone embed this. I have asked before and very kindly been told how but I tried the adding some letters but it didn't work or I didn't get it.
    Please show me exactly how to thanks.

Here is one from earlier....

1. I'm shocked at how an actual Audi driver indicated.
    2. I'm not one bit surprised at how she drove after doing so.

Also can someone embed this. I have asked before and very kindly been told how but I tried the adding some letters but it didn't work or I didn't get it.
    Please show me exactly how to thanks.

Unwritten rule - Audi's have right of way in all circumstances, along with BMW's and Mercedes

You have to go to advanced posting, click the Youtube icon and paste the link between the tags

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

What's the usual lag time on the speed display on dashcams?
    At the time of impact it's still showing 55mph, but it's obvious that the driver started breaking 2-3 seconds before that and would have been travelling slower than what was on the cam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sugarman wrote: »
    Well it says 19MPH when he came to a complete halt at 0.22 sec and didnt hit 0MPH until 0.26 sec, so 4/5 seconds?

Thats a slow enough GPS module, but for most dashcams who cares. A 10Hz GPS lap timer would be down around 0.8-1.2s behind.

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Thats what I was thinking while cringing, I dont like watching gory clips and thought he was a goner for sure!

There was another clip on dumpert where i wasnt sure if the guy survived so didnt post. Was a good one. Wasnt bloody or anything or visible body in the video More a matter of... cant imagine that had a happy ending.

Usually there would be a news article in one of the comments where i can read if people survived or not. And if there was still a pulse, i ll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

ED E wrote: »
    Thats a slow enough GPS module, but for most dashcams who cares. A 10Hz GPS lap timer would be down around 0.8-1.2s behind.

I was wondering about other cases where the dashcam footage is used as evidence.
    Is the onscreen speed ever reliable enough to be admissible?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

josip wrote: »
    I was wondering about other cases where the dashcam footage is used as evidence.

If one is worried there is an option in settings to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

****head in an Avensis decides to handbrake turn twice in a highly populated area. It not the clearest in the video but it's the second car that is approaching me. He then does it again near the end of the clip. I've had my fun messing around but it was always in a quite carpark.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

h3000 wrote: »
    ****head in an Avensis decides to handbrake turn twice in a highly populated area. It not the clearest in the video but it's the second car that is approaching me. He then does it again near the end of the clip. I've had my fun messing around but it was always in a quite carpark.

At the end
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Did that biker even look to either side before pulling off? From that, I was thinking before he even moved "That truck's not stopping". It seemed like his process was green light, floor it, truck appears immediately ahead in sight line, brown trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

josip wrote: »

The max speed would be pretty reliable, there is just often a delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

seagull wrote: »
    ... floor it...
    Not exactly floor it... He gets green light - 4 seconds later begins to move - 4 seconds later hit the side of an 18 wheeler... cant have been going more than 15 or 20kph... :eek:
    Now if he had floored it he would have been across the junction before the big rig got even close! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement