Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

2 mins 55 seconds, the guy accelerated when he saw the Merc entering the roundabout (Sums up about 85% of the videos we see on that channel, folks looking for their youtube hit. Prats.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

2 mins 55 seconds, the guy accelerated when he saw the Merc entering the roundabout (Sums up about 85% of the videos we see on that channel, folks looking for their youtube hit. Prats.)

Yup, gave up watching that channel - cammers forcing a near hit for the sake of an upload, they've forgotten any sense of decency towards other road users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Recorded this on Tuesday, literally lost for words...

tonkpills wrote: »

Why some people should be neutered

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

On his way to work in the circus?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

He was holding the child with his left arm, and steering with his right. And I'm pretty sure the right hand brake is for the front wheel, so should be need to stop suddenly, he'll most likely go over the handlebars. The child won't stand a chance :mad:

Credit where credits due though, he stopped at the red light, therefore he’s probably still safer than a lot of cyclists!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Germany I'm guessing? I'd be scared going that speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

fritzelly wrote: »

Kinda the point no? :pac:

Kinda the point no? :pac:

I'll stick to the rollercoasters thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I've seen videos of bikes and cars doing 300kph who have to hammer the brakes what seems like a mile away because someone pulls out. It's almost not worth it unless the road is completely empty. Seems like the Autobahn has the same issue of morons pulling out like Ireland does. It's almost like they do it on purpose.

Slam the brakes and you're still moving at 150kph or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

They should exclude the round about ones. Half the time it's at least partly the dashcammers fault. Either the other car was on the roundabout first or the dashcammer accelerates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

They should exclude the round about ones. Half the time it's at least partly the dashcammers fault. Either the other car was on the roundabout first or the dashcammer accelerates.

I've unsubscribed to one of their channels, can't remember which one. Too often they're clicking the save button on their dash cam half way through the 'incident' or they're leaning on the horn and stop accelerating because they can't seem to multitask or they beep because someone else got cut off or something cringey.

One of the frequent lads in a Merc I think drives like an absolute wanker and has an anger problem. He drives shockingly aggressive, beyond speeding up on roundabouts. If someone veers on a double lane he speeds up to try get around them when it's obvious they're going to cross the lanes. Why would you speed up to something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Red Cow Interchange, woman walking from the direction of the Luas Park-n-Ride, with no pedestrian-friendly facilities there whatsoever.
    I don't know how the hell she even got this far, as it's the last thing I think drivers would be expecting there - she's walking in the direction of the M50....was thinking she might be following google maps directions on her phone as she was sort of half looking down at it as she was casually strolling along, shopping in hand, head in the phone, suitcase in tow:

- yes I know I went over the limit there. Guilty, should've been paying more attention no matter what :o wasn't intentional but that's no excuse :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

It seems common enough on the Autobahn.

It's kinda like out motorways. The right hand lane is for trucks and people restiricted to 100. The middle is for the majority happy to sit between 120 and 160, the outer lane is for the rest. 180 to infinity.

I've been overtaking on the outer lane at 180. Look in the mirror and there's no one behind. Look 10 secs later and there's a porche right up my hole doing God knows what.

Sure I move back to the middle and he rockets on... The difference between us and them.is courtesy and knowing which lane is right for you

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've seen videos of bikes and cars doing 300kph who have to hammer the brakes what seems like a mile away because someone pulls out. It's almost not worth it unless the road is completely empty. Seems like the Autobahn has the same issue of morons pulling out like Ireland does. It's almost like they do it on purpose.

Slam the brakes and you're still moving at 150kph or something.

300 at night, on an unlit road that's open to the public?

I know who I think the moron is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yes, is Germany.
    Spent ages behind him.
    ****er just wouldnt move over to the slow lane
    No, i wasnt. Blatantly stole the joke from dumpert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

https://streamable.com/snee6

Lucky the mic was turned off.
    Don't know how easy is it too make out, but two cars had to dodge her by undertaking..

Peatys wrote: »

That needs to be reported to the Gardai

Don't know how easy is it too make out, but two cars had to dodge her by undertaking..

Pretty easy. Burn the ****.

66a405da1509ad57f4792c7aa8f026c5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Reg clearly visible. You should report that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Here's a slightly better one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Patww79 wrote: »
    Second digit is a 6, if you are doing it. I thought it was a 5 initially.

Streamable brings down the resolution. The original is crystal clear 4k..

Tweet them? Or do they have an email? All i can find is a phone number..

• Advertisement

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7424135/dfc851ca/dashcam_in_gestolen_jeep.html

"Live" carjacking via dashcam.

Kind of long but worth it as long as you can watch with sound.
    Without sound it is boring apart from the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement