Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Peatys please report that.

Call traffic watch as I find they take things very seriously.

That's shocking behavior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Peatys wrote: »
    Streamable brings down the resolution. The original is crystal clear 4k..

Tweet them? Or do they have an email? All i can find is a phone number..

I'd say even if you just tweet them, they'll let you know if that's enough or if they want to make arrangements to get a copy of the original footage

• Registered Users Posts: 13 olkon

Lucky the mic was turned off.
    Don't know how easy is it too make out, but two cars had to dodge her by undertaking..

Wow!

wexie wrote: »
    I'd say even if you just tweet them, they'll let you know if that's enough or if they want to make arrangements to get a copy of the original footage

They will take it down right away as reg is visible as if it were to go to court.
    They prefer if you call and they get footage by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

They will take it down right away as reg is visible as if it were to go to court.

I'll give them a bell tomorrow, cheers all

• Advertisement

1890205805 is traffic watch number.

It's civilian call takers and they then pass info onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

https://streamable.com/snee6

Don't know how easy is it too make out, but two cars had to dodge her by undertaking..

That is one of the worst I've seen posted on this thread. Absolutely unforgivable. Stopping in overtaking lane. Turning 90 degrees across both lanes of traffic. Cutting across offramp on grass. Should be banned.
    Tweet them? Or do they have an email? All i can find is a phone number..

I know others have mentioned traffic watch. But the Garda twitter is not for reporting issues. They do not respond, and nor should they really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

wexie wrote: »

They don't take reports by any social media. Several UK police forces have online portals to make it easy for people to submit videos, but I get the feeling that AGS don't really want to be dealing with this stuff.
    They can't take down anything unless they get a Court order. In the past, they used to block people on Twitter if you posted anything with a reg number. This was fairly pointless, as it didn't remove the item - just make sure they couldn't see it.

TrafficWatch line is the way to go, but the process is fairly cumbersome. You'll get a call afterwards, and you need to visit the station and make a formal statement, and hand over a copy of the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

They don't take reports by any social media. Several UK police forces have online portals to make it easy for people to submit videos, but I get the feeling that AGS don't really want to be dealing with this stuff.

Learn something new every day.

Kinda makes sense I guess (the not replying to social media that is)

They can't take down anything unless they get a Court order. In the past, they used to block people on Twitter if you posted anything with a reg number. This was fairly pointless, as it didn't remove the item - just make sure they couldn't see it.

TrafficWatch line is the way to go, but the process is fairly cumbersome. You'll get a call afterwards, and you need to visit the station and make a formal statement, and hand over a copy of the video.

I've had them call out to me.

Few years ago had an incident where had a recovery truck on m50 at cherrywood chase me and try run me off the road.

I passed him on the m50 in overtaking lane at 120km/h he was in left lane and I got to cherrywood and stopped at the red lights he came at speed flashing high beams and I floored it as soon as lights were green he went around and drove me into the left and pinned me against the kerb he ended up getting out I threw it in reverse and got back around and he tried it again and few times.

I reported it and 2 cops arrived within 2 hours at the house, they did check up and couldn't get the driver as they said many were able to have access.

Very strange situation as I honestly didn't block or punish pass or flip him off etc.
    Was bizarre really and happened to be driving a Yaris that night which I never drove as it was the girl friends car.
    I had done a service on it that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I've had them call out to me.

Few years ago had an incident where had a recovery truck on m50 at cherrywood chase me and try run me off the road.

I passed him on the m50 in overtaking lane at 120km/h he was in left lane and I got to cherrywood and stopped at the red lights he came at speed flashing high beams and I floored it as soon as lights were green he went around and drove me into the left and pinned me against the kerb he ended up getting out I threw it in reverse and got back around and he tried it again and few times.

I reported it and 2 cops arrived within 2 hours at the house, they did check up and couldn't get the driver as they said many were able to have access.

Very strange situation as I honestly didn't block or punish pass or flip him off etc.
    Was bizarre really and happened to be driving a Yaris that night which I never drove as it was the girl friends car.
    I had done a service on it that day.

Yes, in fairness, I've had them call out to me too once or twice, though the usual thing is to give the statement in the station.

That case sounds mad. It does show the importance of identifying the driver (ideally on camera) particularly for a commercial vehicle. It also seems that businesses can basically hide behind the company and refuse to identify the driver, and most Gardai won't press matters further, which is a dreadful shame.

Yes, in fairness, I've had them call out to me too once or twice, though the usual thing is to give the statement in the station.

That case sounds mad. It does show the importance of identifying the driver (ideally on camera) particularly for a commercial vehicle. It also seems that businesses can basically hide behind the company and refuse to identify the driver, and most Gardai won't press matters further, which is a dreadful shame.

That actually reminds me I'm waiting to hear back from one about an incident where a van driver threw his coffee in my window. The cup hit the mirror and exploded as I had window open it mostly came in on top of me.

Last time I checked he was having an issue getting info on who was driving as they were saying many could be driving.

I did not do anything on this driver but merge into traffic lane where one ends.

He overtook further up the road as I was pulling in to a bus stop to pick up a passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

https://streamable.com/snee6

Had almost the same thing happen last year on the exit just before that one. They miss the exit so they decide to jam on the breaks and reverse, lucky for me the car in the next lane saw what was happening and let me escape. The idea that they are willing to risk their lives and everyone else's just because they can't be bothered turning around at the next exit is mind-boggling.

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Had almost the same thing happen last year on the exit just before that one. They miss the exit so they decide to jam on the breaks and reverse, lucky for me the car in the next lane saw what was happening and let me escape. The idea that they are willing to risk their lives and everyone else's just because they can't be bothered turning around at the next exit is mind-boggling.
    The next exit is after the toll booth, thats probably why they were willing to risk such a stupid move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

wish I'd had a dashcam on the N7 earlier, slight hold up northbound at Obama due to weight of traffic as far as I could see going the other way and there was dozens of cars turning round and going back the wrong way, nutters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I need to pull a clip off my cam. Driving home on the m50 and due to traffic, car speeds the whole way down from Dundrum (i think) to Tallaght exit in the hard shoulder, crosses the thatched area to come back into the hard shoulder again and continues going.

n1ck wrote: »
    I need to pull a clip off my cam. Driving home on the m50 and due to traffic, car speeds the whole way down from Dundrum (i think) to Tallaght exit in the hard shoulder, crosses the thatched area to come back into the hard shoulder again and continues going.

Could it have been cops??? Just a thought but then again possibly just a d1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Could it have been cops??? Just a thought but then again possibly just a d1ck.

Definitely not the cops, it looked like people going on a camping trip iirc! Car was full of crap and guy in the passenger seat munching on crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

bear1 wrote: »
    Just to show the end result anyway

446831.jpg

I'll update this, total cost of the accident came to a shade over 5000e or 21000 pln for those in the know.
    Went to see it on Saturday and the front of it has been completely dismantled and only a new bonnet was in place.
    Supposedly all the parts are coming from Alfa themselves... not sure i believe that.
    It's a serious amount of battling and I'm still roughly 2 weeks away from collection.
    On a side note, considering the cost of the repair compared to the vaklue of the car I'm amazed it wasn't written off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And driving what now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

n1ck wrote: »
    I need to pull a clip off my cam.
    Driving home on the m50 and due to traffic, car speeds the whole way down from Dundrum (i think) to Tallaght exit in the hard shoulder, crosses the thatched area to come back into the hard shoulder again and continues going.

FTFY

inforfun wrote: »
    And driving what now?

I've a 2013 American import focus on loan from the garage.
    Can't stand it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That does sound like a barrel of laughs indeed

inforfun wrote: »
    That does sound like a barrel of laughs indeed

It's automatic, but the slowest kick down I've ever witnessed.
    Put it into reverse and you're waiting 2 or so seconds for it to decide to move.
    Aircon doesn't work, washer bottle is knackered so can't wash the screen, one xenon is blue and the other white.
    4 different tyres on it so it vibrates like ****, airbag light on and tire sensor failure warning.
    And can't get less than 10l mixed no matter what I do.
    Love it.

bear1 wrote: »
    It's automatic, but the slowest kick down I've ever witnessed.
    Put it into reverse and you're waiting 2 or so seconds for it to decide to move.
    Aircon doesn't work, washer bottle is knackered so can't wash the screen, one xenon is blue and the other white.
    4 different tyres on it so it vibrates like ****, airbag light on and tire sensor failure warning.
    And can't get less than 10l mixed no matter what I do.
    Love it.
    Garages always lend out the crappiest cars, less likely to be stolen.
    T

Garages always lend out the crappiest cars, less likely to be stolen.
    T

Also costs them nothing.

Oh i bet they are charging a pretty penny to the fund for the hire of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

How did you fare out Peatys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement