Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Mr Snow wrote: »

What??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What??

I would hazard a guess the cam car is doing 100km/h so the aventis had to be doing over the limit to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Mr Snow wrote: »

Perfectly execute overtake, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Speed limit is 100 kmp

Even though it is illegal, it's better to briefly break the speed limit to pass than to try overtaking at the limit.
    If you've ever been stuck behind one speed limited lorry overtaking another, you'll understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

tcawley29 wrote: »
    How did you fare out Peatys?

Went into Westport station and showed the Sargent the clip and asked for his advice. they took a statement and are sending it to kilcock. Kilcock will ring if they want to chase it up and send someone out to me at my house in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Peatys wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/snee6

Lucky the mic was turned off.
    Don't know how easy is it too make out, but two cars had to dodge her by undertaking..

realising at the last second that the toll was up ahead. i drive that every few days. it's a crazy junction in the late afternoon with people trying to get to the top of the line, although that's the worst i've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Even though it is illegal, it's better to briefly break the speed limit to pass than to try overtaking at the limit.
    If you've ever been stuck behind one speed limited lorry overtaking another, you'll understand.

I believe the term there is elephant racing :)

realising at the last second that the toll was up ahead. i drive that every few days. it's a crazy junction in the late afternoon with people trying to get to the top of the line, although that's the worst i've ever seen.
    That's very much a "fúck you, I'm not paying no toll!", and I'll risk lives to avoind paying €2.90.

If it were one that pulled into the hard shoulder that would be totally wrong but much safer then what that fiesta driver did.

Good you followed it up.

Hopefully at minimum they will have words with the owner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Peatys wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/snee6

Lucky the mic was turned off.
    Don't know how easy is it too make out, but two cars had to dodge her by undertaking..
    could have been a lot worse;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsDGI5PiAsI

mikeymouse wrote: »

That was posted not long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Was it?
    Ah well whatashameneverminddon'tworry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I didn't see it first time around, but did the 2nd lorry driver p*ss himself or what?
    z4xvd.png

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I didn't see it first time around, but did the 2nd lorry driver p*ss himself or what?
    z4xvd.png
    Ruptured fuel tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Shane_ef wrote: »

i like the way vid cut out right as it is about to get intereting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

The indicators came on at 18seconds and the poster had started braking by 21seconds.

3 seconds reaction time isn't poor at all, as you can verify for yourself via https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/217641/hfr12.pdf

People are being quite uncharitable here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

The indicators came on at 18seconds and the poster had started braking by 21seconds.

3 seconds reaction time isn't poor at all, as you can verify for yourself via https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/217641/hfr12.pdf

Nothing to do with reaction time. The gap ahead of the camera car should have opened up to let the other car in. But that would have avoided drama, and the camera car driver wouldn't have felt like he had just taken a terrorist down single handed.

People need to learn that it's not 'their' lane. Driving is a road sharing exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

They were both idiots but unlike what most people seem to think putting on your indicator doesn't give you the right to change lanes whenever you feel like it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Nothing to do with reaction time. The gap ahead of the camera car should have opened up to let the other car in. But that would have avoided drama, and the camera car driver wouldn't have felt like he had just taken a terrorist down single handed.

People need to learn that it's not 'their' lane. Driving is a road sharing exercise.

It's nothing to do with the reaction time to seeing the indicators, but he should have seen the indicators and opened the gap up despite the Hyundai not being particularly close to the car in front of it?

That's rather nonsensical, but whatever. Some people are just desperate to ignore reality to feel holier-than-thou!

Good luck trying to drive on a motorway when you hang back in the overtaking lane any time you see two cars behind each other in the driving lane, just in case one wants to pull out despite having no indicators on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

It's nothing to do with the reaction time to seeing the indicators, but he should have seen the indicators and opened the gap up despite the Hyundai not being particularly close to the car in front of it?

That's rather nonsensical, but whatever. Some people are just desperate to ignore reality to feel holier-than-thou!

Good luck trying to drive on a motorway when you hang back in the overtaking lane any time you see two cars behind each other in the driving lane, just in case one wants to pull out despite having no indicators on.
    OK, the cam car pulled in behind the passing car far too quickly, he was a classic aggressive tailgater. Probably just as well there wasn't a rear facing cam. Was he filling someones safe distance? Very likely.

There's no way in hell that I would be that close behind any car at that speed. Where would your reaction times be if the car in front suddenly stopped, as in hit something?

So what if another car cuts into my safe gap, I throttle off and open it up again. I don't like it, and it happens a lot, but getting home safely is far more important to me than petty point scoring.

I drive a fair bit on UK motorways. There, you are far more likely to get let into a lane if you need to pass a slower vehicle in the left lane. Here? Not a hope. The whole attitude is 'you're not getting into MY lane'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Mrhuth wrote: »
    The risking lives part I agree with but with the toll I don't. The toll is run by greedy corporations that should have stopped tolling people long time ago. Justice needs to be served, I wish the criminals would be thrown to a mob.

I assume you never use the toll roads then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Me, coming to this thread waiting to see all the videos after a hard days work.....

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

He wants to get in...he gets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Smooth maneuver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

This thread need to be a "no-chat thread". We now have a poster bringing Irish water into it and claiming every manager is on 500k a year (not sure if it's Irish Water managers only or every manager in Ireland).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement