Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mrhuth wrote: »
    Motor tax funds, the government. Who builds autobahns in Germany? The UK? Maybe motor tax money should be used to maintain the roads instead

The problem there is the U.K. (242,495 km2) is about 3.4 times bigger than the Republic of Ireland (70,273 km2), yet its population (65million) is almost 14 times more than us (4.7million). So you can imagine the ratio of tax intake to area is a lot larger.

The same for Germany (357,168 km2) is 5 times larger in area than Ireland, but it's population (82million) is 17 times more than Ireland, so again, an even higher ratio of tax intake per land area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

The problem there is the U.K. (242,495 km2) is about 3.4 times bigger than the Republic of Ireland (70,273 km2), yet its population (65million) is almost 14 times more than us (4.7million). So you can imagine the ratio of tax intake to area is a lot larger.

The same for Germany (357,168 km2) is 5 times larger in area than Ireland, but it's population (82million) is 17 times more than Ireland, so again, an even higher ratio of tax intake per land area.

Germans doesn't pay motor tax at all

Benildus wrote: »
    This thread need to be a "no-chat thread". We now have a poster bringing Irish water into it and claiming every manager is on 500k a year (not sure if it's Irish Water managers only or every manager in Ireland).

Obviously not every manager, why you have to act dumb? Just the gravy train brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Germans doesn't pay motor tax at all

Nor do we.

But Germans do pay a vehicle tax, similar to our motor tax system.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Nor do we.

Compare their tax rates to ours

http://www.vdik.de/department/finance-administration/motor-vehicle-tax.html

Come back to me when you do and do the calculation and tell me by how many % we pay more for motor tax?

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/motortaxinfotype.do

• Advertisement

But how can I compare the 2 if Germans don't pay it at all?

They also pay additional tax on fuel, which is a better system than our own.

But how can I compare the 2 if Germans don't pay it at all?

Compare their equilavent version or the closest thing to it.

They also pay additional tax on fuel, which is a better system than our own.

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Less agro, more DASHCAM Vids pls.
    Ok thanks Bye

Heres one to get you going

https://youtu.be/s1C5GK8-aQU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Nor do we.

http://www.vdik.de/department/finance-administration/motor-vehicle-tax.html

Come back to me when you do and do the calculation and tell me by how many % we pay more for motor tax?

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/motortaxinfotype.do

Post a video or p*ss off! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

6 mins in the driver almost knocks down someone on a pedestrian crossing yet calls him a “bellend”.

Scotland drivers are awful fir indicating and roundabouts though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

Cyclists are supposed to dismount and walk across a pedestrian crossing (Rule 79 UK Highway Code "Do not ride across equestrian crossings, as they are for horse riders only. Do not ride across a pelican, puffin or zebra crossing. Dismount and wheel your cycle across.").

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

razorblunt wrote: »
    6 mins in the driver almost knocks down someone on a pedestrian crossing yet calls him a “bellend”.

Scotland drivers are awful fir indicating and roundabouts though.

the camcar driver was an ignorant prick in several of the clips.

Isambard wrote: »
    the camcar driver was an ignorant prick in several of the clips.
    He has a bit of an attitude about him allright, even to the point of stopping sharply on the amber light, when most motorists know that they can safely be through before the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

at 550 that car going around the roundabout the wrong way. That is the one outside Dundalk, and from what i can make out its a 181 LH reg. shocking bad driving, hope i don't meet that git on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,053 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

GBX wrote: »
    Wow .. one lucky biker!

One idiot.
    Light is green, but truck is still come, ahh but light is green
    WTF
    Hate drivers like that.

Going a bit quick to beat the silver car so admittedly partly my fault but Dacia driver doesn't look at all!

Apologies for the cut off, issue with my SD card.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Christ.
    Almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

This c*nt almost wiped out a whole family by driving at 60+ on the median.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

n1ck wrote: »

Going a bit quick to beat the silver car so admittedly partly my fault but Dacia driver doesn't look at all!

You were in the wrong lane and then shot across¿¿ If there is a build up of traffic like that on a roundabout slow down and be careful.

I understand it doesn't take away the Dacia been partial at fault but they may well have seen you in lane 1 and car in lane 2 not close enough yet.

• Advertisement

yannakis wrote: »

Hope you report that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Hope you report that.

I would love to. How can I do that?

I would love to. How can I do that?

You can ring traffic watch or go into your local station or preferebly go to the one for the area you were in at where the tool drive like that

Traffic watch number 1890205805

They will log your complaint and will follow up with you soon after.

The footage will be absolutely be the best thing they could get to catch them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Hope you report that.

Report that wanker, he should not have the privilege of a driving licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

n1ck, can I ask... why did you have to "beat" the silver car? Why couldn't you have held the lane you were in, and taken your turn to get on to the roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

I see that happen so many times along that stretch every evening (walk the dog along that route) - all just to race to a red light ahead, and you WILL get stopped at the turn signal.

It's so fustrating.

Report it.

He would have saw you in the left lane, the silver car in the right. Ahead of you were stopped traffic to let the cars through so normally he would have been in the clear. The issue arose because you put the boot down switching lanes in the process, bad idea with stopped traffic on a roundabout.

And for those already thinking about posting "no wonder nobody posts vids anymore, it's always the posters fault according to some people", go and ****e, the OP at least admitted to some of the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Most of the stuff posted here isn't note worthy and is mostly posted by do-gooders accelerating into roundabouts to cut someone off to feel speciala bout themselves but this needs to be reported - what a tool.

Well aware of the fact I was going a bit quick, I admitted I was partly at fault. People talking like they've never done anything wrong on the road.

He could just about seem me from his original position and doubt he could see the car to my right that I was looking to overtake. He definitely couldn't have seen someone coming around the roundabout from under the m50 either though and generally they'd be going at a quicker pace than I was.

• Advertisement

n1ck, can I ask... why did you have to "beat" the silver car? Why couldn't you have held the lane you were in, and taken your turn to get on to the roundabout?

Because I was being impatient, clearly. I admitted I was partly at fault already - i'm not excusing what I did but use your intuition rather than asking a question from your high horse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement