Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

n1ck wrote: »
    Well aware of the fact I was going a bit quick, I admitted I was partly at fault. People talking like they've never done anything wrong on the road.

He could just about seem me from his original position and doubt he could see the car to my right that I was looking to overtake. He definitely couldn't have seen someone coming around the roundabout from under the m50 either though and generally they'd be going at a quicker pace than I was.

He could see you easily enough up until you changed lanes, and looking at the vid he could probably see the i40 beside you, but you're right - not a hope he could have seen anyone coming around the roundabout and he absolutely should have nosed forward a bit rather than just driving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Because I was being impatient, clearly. I admitted I was partly at fault already - i'm not excusing what I did but use your intuition rather than asking a question from your high horse.

Fair play admitting partial blame nick.
    People make mistakes driving. It's a fact of the road, and we all need to be conscious of it.

It shows that drivers like the Dacia have to expect the unexpected: Did they really see a clear view? What if a car overtakes and speeds up in that lane?

And your own driving - what if another driver assumes the route is clear / doesn't look?

I've completed advance driving courses, and like to think I'm a safe driver, but I know I've made mistakes in the past and will in the future.

Hope the mods don't mind me posting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Because I was being impatient, clearly. I admitted I was partly at fault already - i'm not excusing what I did but use your intuition rather than asking a question from your high horse.
    I wasn't riding my high horse today. I was simply asking a question. I see this aggressive driving a lot and wonder why someone would be in such a hurry as to create a dangerous situation. I just wondered why, and you answered; impatience. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I wasn't riding my high horse today. I was simply asking a question. I see this aggressive driving a lot and wonder why someone would be in such a hurry as to create a dangerous situation. I just wondered why, and you answered; impatience. Thank you. :)
    I don't see it as aggressive, I wasn't driving aggressively or trying to force someone off the road, I was merely going too quick because I wanted to change lanes. Most cases of bad driving I see are probably similar things to what I did, people trying to get somewhere quicker and forcing their way into a lane, for example.

I rarely see aggressive driving - reactions may be aggressive to someone cutting in but I wouldn't expect the initial move by the person at fault to be deemed aggressive, just stupid!

I do see your point though, it could be deemed aggressive to some people - my interpretation of aggressive would be someone's reaction, not necessarily being heavy footed on the accelerator or braking hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Cyclist on N4, illegal? Definitely not safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Nut job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Wailin wrote: »

Nothing illegal about that.
    But he must have a fair set of kahunas on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

I passed a group of cyclists on the M11 recently, about 6 of them riding in the hard shoulder, right out to the yellow line!

I had cars flying up the passing lane and I wasn't able to move out. I could have jammed on, but I probably would have collected the Audi stuck up my ass. I thought cyclists wanted 1.5m clearance??? Those fellas have no respect for their own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Nothing Illegal about cycling on a national road, or driving tractors, riding horses or walking, all banned on Motorways tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I thought cyclists wanted 1.5m clearance??? Those fellas have no respect for their own safety.

I don't know, I see this pretty regularly on the N11/M11 and still haven't made up my mind on whether or not they'd be safer on a country road somewhere.

Still think it's nuts that they'd want to but to each his own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Definitely not illegal. That's clearly the N4 over the M50. The M4 ends way before Lucan.
    Plenty of cyclists coming from Lucan, Leixlip, Maynooth etc.
    Proper road position to go straight ahead.

The only potential criticism would be that I believe there is a cycle path and a dedicated pedestrian (maybe also cycle) bridge to the left of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Patww79 wrote: »

Yes, they're (yes, every single one of them in your world) all out to get and annoy you Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭gmacww

I passed a group of cyclists on the M11 recently, about 6 of them riding in the hard shoulder, right out to the yellow line!

I thought cyclists wanted 1.5m clearance??? Those fellas have no respect for their own safety.

It's nothing at all to do with wanting clearance or not if they are cycling on a road that they shouldn't be. Cyclists or anything under 50cc are not allowed on a motorway. Nothing to do with 1.5m safe passing distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

W People talking like they've never done anything wrong on the road.

People arent acting like this at all, you posted a video of your driving, no one forced you to.
    People are going to comment on what they see in the video, all the people in the video are fair game, not just the ones you want people to comment on.

Posters dont lose the ability to spot someone doing something silly just because they themselves have done something silly.

If that was the case you wouldnt be able to comment on any of the videos posted here, you admitted yourself that you were driving impatiently i.e. being silly.

Take the learning and move one, dont get so defensive or if you are going to get defensive, dont post videos of your driving on a dash cam thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

On this road 2 or 3 times a day, never seen cyclists on the M11- wonder are people mixing up the N11 and M11. Big stretch of road from Kilmac to ashford that a lot of drivers treat like a motorway when it is in fact a national road.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If your video wasn't titled, or there weren't road signs visible, you'd swear it was an Aussie Dashcam due to the fine weather!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

wexie wrote: »
    I don't know, I see this pretty regularly on the N11/M11 and still haven't made up my mind on whether or not they'd be safer on a country road somewhere.

Still think it's nuts that they'd want to but to each his own I guess.

I think that's part of the problem..people start off on the N11 and just end up on the M11. There's very little difference between the two.

example: this link shows the camera car on the N11, while the cars ahead are on the M11
    https://goo.gl/maps/zakjFUo6htA2

Defiance? Rubbish

The old N11 is far from deserted, although it's definitely a better option for cyclists than the N/M 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Nothing Illegal about cycling on a national road, or driving tractors, riding horses or walking, all banned on Motorways tho.
    Tractors are not banned on the motorway unless their design max speed is less than 50km/h, ie very few of them

Yep...sure does and your right..cyclist should take heed of that sign and not cycle on the Motorway. But cyclist are no more observant, intelligent or stupid then any other road users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Is this Google map out of date then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Is this Google map out of date then?

What am I missing?

That shows exactly what Pat said? M11 from below (south) of Gorey all the way to Coyne's cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Roundabout accident looks almost deliberate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Well aware of the fact I was going a bit quick, I admitted I was partly at fault. People talking like they've never done anything wrong on the road.

He could just about seem me from his original position and doubt he could see the car to my right that I was looking to overtake. He definitely couldn't have seen someone coming around the roundabout from under the m50 either though and generally they'd be going at a quicker pace than I was.

I'm not sure how you think you were partly at fault you were 100% at fault creating potential for an accident by driving like a tool. I see it everyday on the roads lads not bothered about the roundabout lanes and trying to cut ahead of everyone else and for what 2 maybe 10s jump on the queue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement