Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

4x4 hit the car in the outside lane and drove off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭glic71rods46t0

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you think you were partly at fault you were 100% at fault creating potential for an accident by driving like a tool. I see it everyday on the roads lads not bothered about the roundabout lanes and trying to cut ahead of everyone else and for what 2 maybe 10s jump on the queue.

Utter rubbish and where do you get off calling someone a tool? He changed lanes on the roundabout, which is not illegal. Dacia proceeded without right of way. It's bad road design to have traffic backed up on a roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Unlike my last clip this is definitely illegal :D Red light breaker, plus he went through the next set further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Utter rubbish and where do you get off calling someone a tool? He changed lanes on the roundabout, which is not illegal. Dacia proceeded without right of way. It's bad road design to have traffic backed up on a roundabout.

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it probably isn't a dog. :rolleyes: Changing lanes like that was a dick move and OP new exactly what he was at trying to beat a car ffs wait in line.

• Advertisement

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it probably isn't a dog. :rolleyes: Changing lanes like that was a dick move and OP new exactly what he was at trying to beat a car ffs wait in line.

You probably wouldnt recognise a duck from way up there on your high horse....fact remains, changing lane on the roundabout is not illegal, note the broken line ... not a dick move...maybe a duck move🀔

You probably wouldnt recognise a duck from way up there on your high horse....fact remains, changing lane on the roundabout is not illegal, note the broken line ... not a dick move...maybe a duck move��

Ah I was never to fond of horses but by all means you carry on you aren't the first to dislike my opinion and wont be the last. Don't let it ruin your weekend now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ah lads...

There should be a rule that you can't comment unless you post a video.

Ah I was never to fond of horses but by all means you carry on you aren't the first to dislike my opinion and wont be the last. Don't let it ruin your weekend now ;)

It won't ruin my weekend, don't worry about that. You must be a professional contrarian! I'm not surprised I'm not the first to disagree with your opinion...You obviously have a track record in holding wrong opinions😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

This happened me a couple of months ago, don't know why they just didn't pull into the bus lane and turn around.

https://vimeo.com/269244683

• Advertisement

Ah lads...

There should be a rule that you can't comment unless you post a video.

Started early to show the conditions but watch the 2 artics as the passing lane closes around 50s in. I have no idea what they were thinking but I could see the headlines of a nasty head on though. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPf9gojpDmU

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Started early to show the conditions but watch the 2 artics as the passing lane closes around 50s in. I have no idea what they were thinking but I could see the headlines of a nasty head on though. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPf9gojpDmU

Should be banned from driving, total arse hole

And what is with the children bickering on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

yannakis wrote: »
    This c*nt almost wiped out a whole family by driving at 60+ on the median.

You showed patience and maturity by leaving a gap for the driver to slip back in to traffic, but he/she gunned it on the central median, fast enough to raise dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I'm not sure how you think you were partly at fault you were 100% at fault creating potential for an accident by driving like a tool. I see it everyday on the roads lads not bothered about the roundabout lanes and trying to cut ahead of everyone else and for what 2 maybe 10s jump on the queue.

What a total bull....
    n1ck has done nothing illegal. He wasn't even going fast, and certainly not above speed limit. Only thing he's done wrong, was not to predict that idiot in a dacia will pull out without looking, as it was possible to predict.

Dacia driver should be 100% at fault though here, as he was the one who joined the roundabout straight into inside lane, without even giving a glance for traffic on a roundabout. He must have assumed that if vans were stopped, his way was free. Very bad assumption, which could end up badly.

Wailin wrote: »
    Cyclist on N4, illegal? Definitely not safe.

It would be much safer if you kept 1.5 metre distance when overtaking him, which looking at the video I don't believe you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

newmember? wrote: »
    This happened me a couple of months ago, don't know why they just didn't pull into the bus lane and turn around.

https://vimeo.com/269244683

Just happened to me and made me realise I need to be waaaay quicker activating the hazards as I've seen some bad rear-enders at that corner in the past.

CiniO wrote: »
    It would be much safer if you kept 1.5 metre distance when overtaking him, which looking at the video I don't believe you did.

Yeah? So this is exactly the point I was making. Cyclists should not be on a dual carriageway with no hard shoulder. If the traffic was heavier and there were cars in the lane to my right, explain, Einstein, how i can give the cyclist 1.5m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Mini compilation of submitted clips ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

wouldn't want to travel with Joe O'Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

, Einstein, how i can give the cyclist 1.5m?

Well, for a start if you're unsure of the safety of the manoeuvre, you shouldn't do so until it is safe, that's just general rules of the road stuff. Second, busses pass cyclists handy there, it's perfectly wide with ample visibility to plan a pass in advance. Finally, the 80 (not the indicated 81kmph) zone doesn't start until after that interchange.

• Advertisement

Idleater wrote: »
    Well, for a start if you're unsure of the safety of the manoeuvre, you shouldn't do so until it is safe, that's just general rules of the road stuff.

Typical lycra cyclist rhethoric. Cyclists let you know that they don't want or need the 1.5 by their road/lane positioning. Forget the 1.5, it simply won't stand up in court. The more of those 2 wheeled loons using cams the better, they are only providing the evidence against themselves.

Typical lycra cyclist rhethoric. Cyclists let you know that they don't want or need the 1.5 by their road/lane positioning. Forget the 1.5, it simply won't stand up in court. The more of those 2 wheeled loons using cams the better, they are only providing the evidence against themselves.

How is it typical lycra cyclist rhetoric if it's accepted as common sense for drivers?

Are you arguing that drivers should conduct manouevres that they believe to be unsafe? You certainly appear to be.

Cyclists don't choose their lane positioning based on how they want to signal to the cars behind them the distance they should give when overtaking. That's a laughably stupid thing to argue. Cyclists choose their lane positioning based on road conditions, often on a particularly narrow road it's safer to sit further out into the lane so drivers won't be tempted to overtake without having to leave the lane, forcing you off the road in the process.

The 1.5m rule will stand up in court, legislation almost always does. Unless you have some sort of deep legal insight you're bring to bear?

Do you?

Because you're not coming across as if you have any insight on anything.

If you can't overtake anything safely, don't do it. It doesn't matter if its an artic, a tractor, a pedestrian, a car or a bike. Enjoy your frothing impotent rage though.

Yeah? So this is exactly the point I was making. Cyclists should not be on a dual carriageway with no hard shoulder. If the traffic was heavier and there were cars in the lane to my right, explain, Einstein, how i can give the cyclist 1.5m?

If there were cars on lane to your right you'd need to slow down and wait until you can actually move to right lane or until cyclist moves to hard shoulder (once it appears).

Overaking a cyclist without safe distance is the worst you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

How am I 100% at fault? I admitted I am partly at fault but I changed lane, as the other poster said is not illegal. Admittedly(like I've said multiple times already) I was going too fast, but it appears you're not aware of this but you must give way to cars coming from the right on a roundabout AND he doesn't look.

No wonder the other poster isn't the first to disagree with your opinion!

How is it typical lycra cyclist rhetoric if it's accepted as common sense for drivers?

Are you arguing that drivers should conduct manouevres that they believe to be unsafe? You certainly appear to be.

Cyclists don't choose their lane positioning based on how they want to signal to the cars behind them the distance they should give when overtaking. That's a laughably stupid thing to argue. Cyclists choose their lane positioning based on road conditions, often on a particularly narrow road it's safer to sit further out into the lane so drivers won't be tempted to overtake without having to leave the lane, forcing you off the road in the process.

The 1.5m rule will stand up in court, legislation almost always does. Unless you have some sort of deep legal insight you're bring to bear?

Do you?

Because you're not coming across as if you have any insight on anything.

If you can't overtake anything safely, don't do it. It doesn't matter if its an artic, a tractor, a pedestrian, a car or a bike. Enjoy your frothing impotent rage though.

If a lycra cyclist positions itself in the middle or to the right of lane 1 on a dualer (as some lunatics do, especially in groups), then simple physics means a motorist using the overtaking lane can't give 1.5. .. The law is unworkable in many circumstances and no prosecutions will be based on it. Maybe you're the one with the "frothing impotent rage" when the penny finally drops...enjoy it!

n1ck wrote: »
    How am I 100% at fault? I admitted I am partly at fault but I changed lane, as the other poster said is not illegal. Admittedly(like I've said multiple times already) I was going too fast, but it appears you're not aware of this but you must give way to cars coming from the right on a roundabout AND he doesn't look.

No wonder the other poster isn't the first to disagree with your opinion!

Deleted. iIt's not worth it.

Impatient motorist at pedestrian crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Hi I'm thinking of getting a dash cam, for the obvious reasons, accidents etc. However there is someone hanging about the outside of our house. A few metres above our gate nearly every night. I'm afraid to go out and look and don't want to ring the Garda as its not a crime.. I would just love to know who it is. Firstly can dash cam record when car is parked up.?. Secondly this is a rural area that is not lit up, can dash cams record in the dark with no lights on. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Isambard wrote: »
    wouldn't want to travel with Joe O'Neill

You can watch him get a top score in Candy Crush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

If a lycra cyclist positions itself in the middle or to the right of lane 1 on a dualer (as some lunatics do, especially in groups), then simple physics means a motorist using the overtaking lane can't give 1.5. .. The law is unworkable in many circumstances and no prosecutions will be based on it. Maybe you're the one with the "frothing impotent rage" when the penny finally drops...enjoy it!

Admit it.... it’s the Lycra you have an issue with right? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement