Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I have a mini compilation to edit someday soon

That day is now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Anyone that was in or around the Enniskerry/Kiliney/Cherrywood areas......

A sighting of that car anywhere could be invaluable evidence for the Gardaí right now.

Equally, if you were in the area and don't find anything on your cam, it's worthwhile telling the Gards too, to rule that time and place out of the investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

A bit long winded, but guy gets chased by a road rager!

Got chased from Dublin to Dundalk once for not letting someone in on the slip road. (and a few other things I'm not proud of when the rage started)

Goes a bit wonkey towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

jimbis wrote: »

I wouldn't want to get involved with that unique section of Irish society

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Benildus wrote: »

Ye they can kick the shoite out of each other all they want, I probably wouldn't want to get involved either and be a witness in the middle of a violent altercation like that. Dunno who your fckn dealing with and if they are cute enough to identify who you are with your fancy dash cam footage getting them all convicted.

Benildus wrote: »

Ah right, I didn't actually realise it was that type of incident. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

jimbis wrote: »
    Ah right, I didn't actually realise it was that type of incident. :cool:

Fighting on a motorway.. all members of the same family.. Sure all the cultural clues are there. :D

tossy wrote: »
    Fighting on a motorway.. all members of the same family.. Sure all the cultural clues are there. :D

Lol, I'll be honest I just skipped over most of the report and seen they were looking for witnesses. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Can we keep the dashcam thread for actual videos, instead of discussion about potential ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Can we keep the dashcam thread for actual videos, instead of discussion about potential ones!

Just for that I'm going to inflict my first try at a compilation :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

A bit long winded, but guy gets chased by a road rager!

For me this guy loses all credibility when he openly says "I'm all over the road here to stop him overtaking me" :rolleyes:

And then he gives out about him "mounting the pavement at speed" when he did the same thing a few minutes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

P.I.T

110%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

P.I.T

110%

I don't think thats too far from where I live either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

GreeBo wrote: »
    For me this guy loses all credibility when he openly says "I'm all over the road here to stop him overtaking me" :rolleyes:

And then he gives out about him "mounting the pavement at speed" when he did the same thing a few minutes earlier.

In all fairness the crazy moves he was pulling where for his own protection.

Are you missing the point that a beep and flash of the lights caused this nutjob to want to attack someone, as well as chase them in circles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

coolisin wrote: »

Are you missing the point that a beep and flash of the lights caused this nutjob to want to attack someone, as well as chase them in circles?

You're not allowed beep at people on Boards! Emergency use only blah blah blah :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well, you saw what Beemer-guy did when he finally was able to overtake so as a defensive strategy, dashcam-person was doing the right thing.

For all we know dashcammer is 1,50 meter tall.

I am 1,90 meter, weigh a bit and can handle myself ok but i wouldnt have fancied sparring with Beemer-guy either.
    He can do no real damage as long as he is behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

inforfun wrote: »
    Well, you saw what Beemer-guy did when he finally was able to overtake so as a defensive strategy, dashcam-person was doing the right thing.

I am 1,90 meter, weigh a bit and can handle myself ok but i wouldnt have fancied sparring with Beemer-guy either.

Can you show me a mayter? :)

You dont need to get out of the car, as he didnt the couple of times the BMW guy got in front of him. Just back away or go around him?

I just think swerving all over the road and further angering a lunatic isnt a very safe thing to do. I'd expect both drivers to get driving penalties (and one to get a lot more!)

coolisin wrote: »

Im not for a minute condoning the actions of the BMW driver, but turning 1 lunatic into 2 lunatics isnt a sound approach imo.

He would have been safer to just let him pass and stay away from him, go around when he stops (as the cam car did a few times)

Driving the wrong way around a roundabout, mounting the pavement and driving on the wrong side of the road are not sensible things to do. Especially when all they are doing is aggravating a nut job behind you.

I could equally ask you are you missing the point that if a beep and a flash annoyed him so much, what did he think his blocking antics were going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Im not for a minute condoning the actions of the BMW driver, but turning 1 lunatic into 2 lunatics isnt a sound approach imo.

He would have been safer to just let him pass and stay away from him, go around when he stops (as the cam car did a few times)

Driving the wrong way around a roundabout, mounting the pavement and driving on the wrong side of the road are not sensible things to do. Especially when all they are doing is aggravating a nut job behind you.

I could equally ask you are you missing the point that if a beep and a flash annoyed him so much, what did he think his blocking antics were going to do?

I think that you are ignoring the fact that the BMW guy was very clearly being the aggressor in this situation and had made the decision to attack the dash cam driver already at the point he started blocking him from overtaking. If you think that he wanted to stop just for a quick chat or that sensible driving from that point on were going to calm him down then I think you are being very naive.

If he let the BMW driver past him he was allowing him to control the situation and giving him the chance to pick the best place to stop and block the victim so as to make sure he could carry out an attack!

There have been lots of cases of road rage incidents leading to Murder. The murder of Stephen Cameron by Kenneth Noye in England is the one that immediatly sprang to my mind (Kenneth Noye is now released and enjoying his freedom while Stephen is still dead btw). I think that the guy did well not to get blocked in by that lunatic and possibly saved his own life (or a beating at least).

Edit - Noye is actually not totally out of prison but is in an open prison and goes out on day release. I should have checked that before I posted and not after!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Brilliant, will think twice before doing that again lmao

Why the fcuk can't people just beep the horn or flip the bird. No it's chases and brakechecking HGVs. We really are getting stupider as a species.

(I know we're not supposed to mention the war - but at least they were traveling for once! :P)

Edit Sorry found a more appropriate place for that joke.

Why the fcuk can't people just beep the horn or flip the bird. No it's chases and brakechecking HGVs. We really are getting stupider as a species.

(I know we're not supposed to mention the war - but at least they were traveling for once! :P)

And with more and more dash cams being used you would think people would be thinking twice before acting the douchebag - chances are you are gonna come off worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Smart Roadster with Mercedes badge? I know MB had input when manufacturing these but they were never MB branded vehicles or am I wrong?

**I was in the middle lane for a few moments to watch the Roadster pass me by since I am a fan of these, I then proceeded out and went on my way.

• Advertisement

Smart Roadster with Mercedes badge? I know MB had input when manufacturing these but they were never MB branded vehicles or am I wrong?

Easily "adapted" from a quick google

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement