Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

tedpan wrote: »
    As if.. someone's imported that and haven't changed the plates

Yep the Brits never do that kinda stuff only us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Not sure what was going on here!

Not sure what was going on here!
    Looks like someone became ill and lost control of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Usually that's heart attack or stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No no got it all wrong they were a MC Donald's employee just taking out the competitors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Whatever about the taxi/truck, kudos to you tedpan for being one of the very few (very few indeed), that joins the M1 northbound from the M50, and remains in Lane 1.

Lane 1 is for the airport, the correct lane for exiting the M50 and heading North is the lane the truckers in

Spook_ie wrote:
    Lane 1 is for the airport, the correct lane for exiting the M50 and heading North is the lane the truckers in

It's either, look at the signs on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Looks like someone became ill and lost control of the car.

Or played too much GTA!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Wrong way round the M4 roundabout - lucky enough was a Sunday morning so not too much traffic about...

It's either, look at the signs on the road.

I did
    ina1wz.png

30jtyls.png

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote:
    I did

I know they're there but all previous signs show both left lanes as exits for m1/airport. Take a screen grab from the 2 second mark, it clearly has a picture of a plane with m1 North written below it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

I know they're there but all previous signs show both left lanes as exits for m1/airport. Take a screen grab from the 2 second mark, it clearly has a picture of a plane with m1 North written below it.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Not contradictory if you follow the signs, turn off from M50 to north has two lanes exiting, next sign tells you to get into left lane airport, right lane M1 North, not overly complex or complicated and plenty of distance to do it in.

Anyways enough talk, left lane isn't for M1 North.

Meanwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Errrrrr I hate red light runners.....

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Lane? What lane...

Errrrrr I hate red light runners.....

They might be upset if they read that, plenty of that kind out there! :)

Another one from this morning, you will need to watch it closely, hi-res and in full screen as the quality suffered upon uploading.

Junction here, story about it here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Maybe I'm not very observant but what exactly are you highlighting in that clip that relates to that tragic story? Referendum signs? Fog?

Edit: Ah...just saw the name of the clip :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

what am i supposed to see in that clip?

xabi wrote: »
    what am i supposed to see in that clip?

The fog makes it very difficult to see, plus youtube lost quality. A Passat flew straight through the stop signs. Lucky there was no one coming!

Edit: I've uploaded the short part to GIF, should see the car a bit better now. Who does hi-res uploading!
    IZxMp7o.gif

Passat.png
    Passat 2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Craftylee wrote: »
    Lane? What lane...

Looks like he was overtaking

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

andy69 wrote: »
    Wrong way round the M4 roundabout - lucky enough was a Sunday morning so not too much traffic about...

You might want to pass that on to the Guards:

http://www.thejournal.ie/traffic-diverted-n4-three-car-crash-4038862-May2018/

I went into the Garda station with reg and vehicle type of the lad I stopped on n11 a few years ago the guard didn't seem to bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Incredible how quickly this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VpNqbytoSU&t=1m42s
    Jump to 1m 42s

Looks like the driver "Stuart or Dad" had a medical issue and drifted into a parked care

Note: Young kid in the back of the car, some may find it upsetting hearing them upset

Guessing distracted by kid and not paying attention since he was fully aware after the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

The guy shouting Dad wasn't the driver and towards the end you can hear the driving making unintelligible noises (similar to stroke)
    Also at the beginning of the vid the driver and his son were chatting about how pain killers meant he couldn't "**** around" with his son and (presumably) grandchild

Shane_ef wrote: »
    The guy shouting Dad wasn't the driver and towards the end you can hear the driving making unintelligible noises (similar to stroke)
    Also at the beginning of the vid the driver and his son were chatting about how pain killers meant he couldn't "**** around" with his son and (presumably) grandchild

Ahh right, didn't watch the first bit - that would do it, getting drowsy when they kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Ok admittedly it may seem I held my rd, and it's certainly obvious he held his rd..
    I only held my rd because I had read the rd as I approached you, I certainly did NOT expect you to continue holding your rd as I passed(not far from your pedal)yet you had ample space to tip in even 12" to the exit of estate as I passed, but yet you let me pass you at considerable speed bearing in mind I had an oncoming car leaving me with sfa clearance and I still had to contend with you 'holding your rd' and not taking advantage of the HUGE clearance to your left!?

PS:Please ignore rear view date and time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

serious question - are we not allowed discuss the driving in the videos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have deleted a whole raft of cyclist related crap. From now on I will just start handing out 24hr bans. People have been repeatedly warned about it. I am sick of seeing 2/3 pages of junk derailing this thread. Final warning bans will be handed out with no further warnings

Would it be fair suggestion to put this warning in the first post so newcomers to the thread are made aware of it, otherwise it gets lost within a couple of weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement