Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I know wheres a good spot to go for a wander... The motorway. I was overtaking the Kumquat and another vehicle before the clip starts before the fasht lane brigade jizz themselves :)

In case youtube bolloxes up the quality again, here is a still of the gentleman walking on the M1. He's after the road sign, also in blue

Safety.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Ok admittedly it may seem I held my rd, and it's certainly obvious he held his rd..
    I only held my rd because I had read the rd as I approached you, I certainly did NOT expect you to continue holding your rd as I passed(not far from your pedal)yet you had ample space to tip in even 12" to the exit of estate as I passed, but yet you let me pass you at considerable speed bearing in mind I had an oncoming car leaving me with sfa clearance and I still had to contend with you 'holding your rd' and not taking advantage of the HUGE clearance to your left!?

PS:Please ignore rear view date and time

I'd be the last to defend cyclists but you are 100% in the wrong there and i imagine you put the heart sideways in the guy on the bike.

It's not his responsibility to check behind him everytime he sees an oncoming car, it's not his responsibility to move into the entrance to the estate (or any entrance) to give other traffic more room, in fact that would be dangerous as there is no garuantee every cyclist would move in or that they could get back out again.

It's your responsibility to slow and yeild to the oncoming traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Top class tune-age btw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

tossy wrote: »
    I'd be the last to defend cyclists but you are 100% in the wrong there and i imagine you put the heart sideways in the guy on the bike.

It's not his responsibility to check behind him everytime he sees an oncoming car, it's not his responsibility to move into the entrance to the estate (or any entrance) to give other traffic more room, in fact that would be dangerous as there is no garuantee every cyclist would move in or that they could get back out again.

It's your responsibility to slow and yeild to the oncoming traffic.

Exactly this. That was a close and irresponsible pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7441093/d151f732/dashcamcrashcompilatie_v_d_maand.html

A load of stuff to pass a few minutes. You'd wonder in some of the clips if people had just discovered driving and thought "feck it, I'll give it a go,sure what can go wrong".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ok admittedly it may seem I held my rd, and it's certainly obvious he held his rd..
    I only held my rd because I had read the rd as I approached you, I certainly did NOT expect you to continue holding your rd as I passed(not far from your pedal)yet you had ample space to tip in even 12" to the exit of estate as I passed, but yet you let me pass you at considerable speed bearing in mind I had an oncoming car leaving me with sfa clearance and I still had to contend with you 'holding your rd' and not taking advantage of the HUGE clearance to your left!?
    Two questions:

1. How many tokens did you have to save up to send away for your license?
    2. You are aware it’s not a ‘real’ license, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Good enough for the biker in my opinion. Clown

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Yikes! I wouldn't wish that on him no matter how dumb the manoeuvre, was s/he ok?

Yikes! I wouldn't wish that on him no matter how dumb the manoeuvre, was s/he ok?

I read the comments and I think he was alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

tcawley29 wrote: »

Can a bus be called a cager...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Those daft 'Harley style' handlebars. Useless imo for controlling a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Patww79 wrote: »

... when the bus is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

spurious wrote: »
    Those daft 'Harley style' handlebars. Useless imo for controlling a bike.

Harleys have loads of different styles. Those are ‘ape hangers’.

endacl wrote: »
    Harleys have loads of different styles. Those are ‘ape hangers’.

They're called look how big of a knob I am...and they certainly proved to be fitting in this instance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'd call that one a case of tough titties. Stay out of the bus lane.

Nothing to do with being in the bus lane. Shouldn't be weaving through the traffic like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

tcawley29 wrote: »

Hope your wish does'nt comes back to bite you. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The most remarkable thing about that biker/bus video is that the woman who got out her phone was using it to phone someone useful rather than start taking useless videos for later!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7441093/d151f732/dashcamcrashcompilatie_v_d_maand.html

A load of stuff to pass a few minutes. You'd wonder in some of the clips if people had just discovered driving and thought "feck it, I'll give it a go,sure what can go wrong".

I cant watch the start of that without thinking of:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

I just felt it was such a stupid comment I didn't entertain it.

I would never wish that on anyone but as this has already happened it may make him think twice before trying to complete such a stupid maneuver in future.

Some people just need to learn the hard way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

GreeBo wrote: »
    The most remarkable thing about that biker/bus video is that the woman who got out her phone was using it to phone someone useful rather than start taking useless videos for later!

That's funny, until you come to the realisation that many people today would have done just that :(

I tried making my own dash cam vid a few weeks back. Suffice to say, video editting and me go about as well together as foxes and chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If I ever had the misfortune of having to drive in Russia I would be renting a tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

PS:Please ignore rear view date and time
    Such a bizarre post, its like he thinks the cyclist has eyes in the back of his head and some kind of mind reading abilities towards other road users intentions. Who actually thinks like this? And then the mod goes and deletes all the posts telling him how dangerous his driving is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

GreeBo wrote: »

Seems to be a race with her and the bloke behind to see who can call an ambulance first...On a more serious note though, is that a Focus following the Lexus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Now this definitely isn't my fault!

I know wheres a good spot to go for a wander... The motorway. I was overtaking the Kumquat and another vehicle before the clip starts before the fasht lane brigade jizz themselves :)

In case youtube bolloxes up the quality again, here is a still of the gentleman walking on the M1. He's after the road sign, also in blue

Safety.png

I had to play that at 0.25 speed before I saw him! Think it's time I went to Specsavers :cool:

n1ck wrote: »

Tsk tsk, but is definitely is. 1/3 of a second late on your breaking, for shame! :D

Are these people just blind, stupid, bit of both or live in a different reality to the rest of us??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

jaxxx wrote: »
    Tsk tsk, but is definitely is. 1/3 of a second late on your breaking, for shame! :D

I was just slow on the horn... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

n1ck wrote: »

She wasn't even looking in your direction ffs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement