Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fritzelly wrote: »
    She wasn't even looking in your direction ffs

To be fair, that would be a difficult task for her seeing as though it appears her head is in fact well up her own butt-hole :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

tcawley29 wrote: »
    I just felt it was such a stupid comment I didn't entertain it.

I would never wish that on anyone but as this has already happened it may make him think twice before trying to complete such a stupid maneuver in future.

Some people just need to learn the hard way

It was an honest comment.... Not a stupid one. The only stupid thing was how the biker was driving.

I don't think the OP wished anything bad on the biker, or else you see something I don't. He just pointed out his lack of sympathy for someone who drives carelessly and dangerously. I feel the same, drive like a moron, your day will eventually come when you get caught out and a mistake will happen. I don't wish those drivers will crash or injured themselves, I wish they would cop on and driver safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Hope your wish does'nt comes back to bite you. :mad:
    Ohh spot the biker!

Maybe he shouldn't have acted the tool and he wouldn't have crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Ok admittedly it may seem I held my rd, and it's certainly obvious he held his rd..
    I only held my rd because I had read the rd as I approached you, I certainly did NOT expect you to continue holding your rd as I passed(not far from your pedal)yet you had ample space to tip in even 12" to the exit of estate as I passed, but yet you let me pass you at considerable speed bearing in mind I had an oncoming car leaving me with sfa clearance and I still had to contend with you 'holding your rd' and not taking advantage of the HUGE clearance to your left!?

PS:Please ignore rear view date and time

Given your rationale behind your actions, I fear that you are far too self righteous to take on board other posters comments on your shockingly poor driving. The guy on the bike was very justified in reacting in the way he did after you had passed him dangerously. How would you feel if someone had driven as recklessly close to one of your loved ones cycling a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

n1ck wrote: »
    Now this definitely isn't my fault!

Had the exact same thing happen to me at that junction a few years back, except I was hit side on, while (dare I say it in this current climate) cycling. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

GreeBo wrote: »
    The most remarkable thing about that biker/bus video is that the woman who got out her phone was using it to phone someone useful rather than start taking useless videos for later!

She had a fierce affiliation with the solid white line of the bus lane though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    She had a fierce affiliation with the solid white line of the bus lane though.

Don't you mean the bikers special lane?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Tsk tsk, you entered the yellow hatched area when you were unable to clear it!! Absolutely your fault!!:P:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

2 from yesterday, I can't merge with my non magic laptop

Screw the traffic behind building up, me me me me me

No indicators so f*ck you, I'm a coach. Also, some reek for a 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

No indicators so f*ck you, I'm a coach. Also, some reek for a 2011

This one is copyright blocked!! You might have to do it again, but muted.

• Advertisement

This one is copyright blocked!! You might have to do it again, but muted.

The levee must have broke my video! :o:p

I've removed the audio, video is still editing, should be okay soon :D

Edit, got fed up waiting, here is round 2. Should point out indicators weren't used

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

That is just frightening.
    I wonder did she have any idea?
    Probably thought the beep was for someone else!
    I'd love to know was she on her handsfree at the time or just totally distracted by something else.

Well done for being alert to brake when you did.
    It's clips like this that I drive with the assumption that every driver will risk that turn / every pedestrian will cross in front etc...
    You just have to be clued in 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Day in day out I see cars jumping red lights,. But this could've been a bad one!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Day in day out I see cars jumping red lights,. But this could've been a bad one!?

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like you broke a red light as well! Why did you wait for the light to turn red before turning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Go on green no .. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Are you not also in the wrong lane for turning right ?

That was a very short green, did you stop close enough to the line for the sensor to pick you up, that other car obviously didn't expect such a short green.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

chewed wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something, it looks like you broke a red light as well! Why did you wait for the light to turn red before turning?

'Holding the road' again? :rolleyes:

tossy wrote: »
    Are you not also in the wrong lane for turning right ?

Change of plan,. I was originally going to Lidl but then decided I'd go to Aldi..:D
    Thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Surely for their own safety, the cars turning right should have seen the car coming up behind them at speed and just pulled into the right hand lane as the car passed it? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Yesterday evening about 8pm (wrong time and date on camera)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Doesn't know what a roundabout is? Liffey valley Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Wow the quality of footage is unreal.

Busy week for the camera!

Runaway diesel today. Which one was it?

I found 2 other clips on my laptop while cutting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I’ve watched the second clip a few times, I’m not seeing the problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Patww79 wrote: »
    Right hand side of the screen, car or truck is in the wrong lane for their exit.

Cars and trucks both in wrong lanes. I use that exit everyday coming off the M1 to go to Malahide road. I always queue in the left lane to go left. But theres always those who wont queue and go up the right hand lane to turn left, but the right hand lane is straight/right turn only.

Everytime that happens I wonder who would be at fault if someone in the left lane goes straight and crashed into someone turning left from the right hand lane.

That was a very short green, did you stop close enough to the line for the sensor to pick you up, that other car obviously didn't expect such a short green.

The inductive loop at those lights is well back from the road/line markings.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Jacovs wrote: »
    Cars and trucks both in wrong lanes. I use that exit everyday coming off the M1 to go to Malahide road. I always queue in the left lane to go left. But theres always those who wont queue and go up the right hand lane to turn left, but the right hand lane is straight/right turn only.

Everytime that happens I wonder who would be at fault if someone in the left lane goes straight and crashed into someone turning left from the right hand lane.

Yep, that's a dangerous turn alright. Going up the right hand lane now, I think the lines on the road do direct you to the exit to Malahide as well. I might be wrong on that.

I really hate that junction as you should only be turning left there. If you are going back on to the M1 or to the M50, you have done something wrong to be there.

Especially annoying when you are approaching from the N32 side. (Not sure what the road is called now). The traffic lights go red and there should be no traffic coming from the right. Emphasis on the "should" there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Jacovs

lambayire wrote: »
    Yep, that's a dangerous turn alright. Going up the right hand lane now, I think the lines on the road do direct you to the exit to Malahide as well. I might be wrong on that.

I really hate that junction as you should only be turning left there. If you are going back on to the M1 or to the M50, you have done something wrong to be there.

Especially annoying when you are approaching from the N32 side. (Not sure what the road is called now). The traffic lights go red and there should be no traffic coming from the right. Emphasis on the "should" there.

Think the lines are only there to seperate the 2 lanes for traffic coming from M50 onto Malahide exit.
    It would be fine if they designated the right hand lane for left turn also, but as it is now is an accident waiting to happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement