Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

CiniO wrote: »
    BTW - where is the dangerous driving part?

Did you miss the part where the blue car veers over to the right, over corrects and does a spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fritzelly wrote: »
    Did you miss the part where the blue car veers over to the right, over corrects and does a spin?

Just made it out, my eyes are still recovering from all that bouncing.

The heck is the point of those little islands jutting out from each side? An alternative form of a speedbump? I've never seen them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jaxxx wrote: »
    The heck is the point of those little islands jutting out from each side? An alternative form of a speedbump? I've never seen them before.

Traffic calming islands, stop people speeding along the road regardless the side they decide to take. Must be a problem in that area

fritzelly wrote: »
    Traffic calming islands, stop people speeding along the road regardless the side they side they decide to take. Must be a problem in that area

Yay I was right, must be a blue moon tonight. On first glance, they actually seem to be more effective than speedramps. Not entirely mind you, but effective nonetheless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yay I was right, must be a blue moon tonight. On first glance, they actually seem to be more effective than speedramps. Not entirely mind you, but effective nonetheless.

I think for the type of punter they are aimed at, speed bumps just give an added thrill to the 'borrowed car' experience, whereas those chicanes can cause them to crash quite badly if they hit them at speed. Not so cool in front of the girlies/other boy racers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

the Russians are on max attack every time they get in the car, alcohol fuelled funny cars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

2 clips. Just ignore the bug squash on screen, it's been a busy weekend :o

You'll have to squint hard at this one, the van heads a football away and a red light runner (maybe I'm just too far away each time?!)

This morning

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just made it out, my eyes are still recovering from all that bouncing.

that road is totally straight and would be a great stretch for building up speed on. i think they may have had issues with joyriding in that area years ago aswell but they have a problem with kids on motorbikes now speeding uo and down there and dangerous overtakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Look past the white van. May be easier to see on a large screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

lucky he didn't hit that spike on the back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Not sure if this is a case of supreme stupidity or whether she didn't bother looking at all or if she's as blind as a bat. At first I was thinking why the truck didn't pull out cos I could see she was going to do that well beforehand, but then that Audi was obviously overtaking him. Hope her license was revoked. Seriously unless she had a heart attack or something at that moment, there is no defence for this.

100% the fault of the Santa Fe driver - no question about that.

I think the lorry driver could have covered the brake and slowed a second or two earlier.

It might be legal, but in my view it's very bad practice to overtake near on-ramps, stopped cars in the hard shoulder, or by junctions on a dual carriageway. It gives the car in the driving lane no opportunity to change lanes should something go wrong. 95% of my driving is on the motorway, and that's tended to cause quite a few close calls I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Someone would want to give him a good hiding FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Should have asked him for exact change. :D

Truckermal wrote: »
    Someone would want to give him a good hiding FFS.

He needs locking up and a constant supply of horse tranquilisers. Off his effing head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Very kind Swords Express bus driver cuts me off, and gives me the FINGER. Such a luvely c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

yannakis wrote: »
    Very kind Swords Express bus driver cuts me off, and gives me the FINGER. Such a luvely c*nt.

A nice email with that clip to the company or on their facebook page might help the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

So I watched the biker a second time with sound. It's never ok to pull out on someone, especially a 2 wheeler in the wet and I'm not defending the bus driver but to be fair he did eventually stop. Can't say that for a lot of motorists who pull out. Regarding rolling forward in the turn, it wasn't aggressive or anything probably just coasting.

Bus didn't seem to be tailgating or anything. It looks like he flashed him at the bus stop to have a chat. I wonder did he close the doors on him on purpose, or just intent to close them behind to scare him?

Either way your man's attitude is psychotic. Imagine the harm he'd do going off on someone who wasn't protected. What if you have a tip in traffic and you get out to check for damage and he's there going ape?

I don't know about anyone else, but driving off with him is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nice video. Any damage done to the bus engine, and his own video shows that he went out of his way to damage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

yannakis wrote: »

What was the plonker in the Hyundai doing stopping in the middle of the roundabout...he basically left the bus go ahead which led to you getting the finger (from laying on the horn I guess?)...numpty!

• Advertisement

Wailin wrote: »
    What was the plonker in the Hyundai doing stopping in the middle of the roundabout...he basically left the bus go ahead which led to you getting the finger (from laying on the horn I guess?)...numpty!

That was a Mazda not a Hyundai :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Wailin wrote: »

The Hyundai Mazda did well actually. There's a relatively new traffic light/pedestrian crossing on his exit that is causing queues into the roundabout. The bus driver is a muppet nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

LEIN wrote: »
    Classic case of a person with a cam looking for trouble.

This will infuriate you.

Am I bovvered!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

This will infuriate you.

Watched 1st minute without sound.
    Put headphones on.
    Managed to listen to biker for about 10 seconds and now i want to meet him on my commute to work.
    Preferably on a Monday morning when i am at my most reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This will infuriate you.

To prove his stupidity....he puts it on the internet.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

This will infuriate you.

red mist

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7446267/74187dac/daarom_uit_je_auto.html

That is why you get out of your car and behind the barrier when you have a break down

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

"zelfmoordpoging"

That means suicide attempt.
    With a kid in his arms.

There is a reason i didnt post that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is that not a roundabout? So the cammer should have slowed and not tried to drive into him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement