Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Picking lanes is difficult sometimes
    https://youtu.be/5Q1PVQuG-Xc

At least he tried to use an indicator!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

yannakis wrote: »
    Very kind Swords Express bus driver cuts me off, and gives me the FINGER. Such a luvely c*nt.

Do people not give any lee-way at all to coaches and HGVs at roundabouts?

It must be absolutely impossible for them to get on to some busy roundabouts considering their size and how slow they are to accelerate as compared to a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

mrsoundie wrote:
    At least he tried to use an indicator!

Half tried you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

n1ck wrote: »
    So i'm free to drive down the middle of the road with no hesitation while staring at my phone? Oh right.
    Is this the company?
    https://www.executivetravelsolutions.ie/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Don't believe so. The reg is a northern or UK reg (not sure which), but it's hardly worth complaining about :P

Although literally took me a second to find them by Googling. http://www.tmcoachhire.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

DrZeuss wrote: »
    A 2 for 1 video - a TT racer and an overtaking lane hogger

https://streamable.com/ko4vc

Slightly disappointed he or she didnt move back in to the overtaking lane.
    Or the fast lane as, without doubt, the white car driver would call it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

salonfire wrote: »

It must be absolutely impossible for them to get on to some busy roundabouts considering their size and how slow they are to accelerate as compared to a car.

Very rarely in my limited experience of driving coaches and trucks. The other thing people try and do at a roundabout is cut up either side of your bus/truck when you take up the middle of a roundabout due to your size

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Swords Express drivers are just A holes.

Every evening on the Swords by pass, they plough down to the bottom of the hard shoulder at the Estuary roundabout. Bus Eireann drivers are aware that it's illegal to drive in the hard shoulder and merge back in to traffic when pulling out from the bus stop, but Swords Express drivers must be above traffic laws and the laws of common decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

R.O.R wrote: »

Every evening on the Swords by pass, they plough down to the bottom of the hard shoulder at the Estuary roundabout. Bus Eireann drivers are aware that it's illegal to drive in the hard shoulder and merge back in to traffic when pulling out from the bus stop, but Swords Express drivers must be above traffic laws and the laws of common decency.

They seem to be some of the worst.

I had one close the door into me as I was on footpath and then drove off instead with the door open nearly taking me with him.

Dangerous backstards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

R.O.R wrote: »

They do the same (well at least one does) at the Santry/Coolock slip off the M50 before the Port Tunnel. Drive as if heading towards the tunnel or the city centre but then cuts in to the queue by crossing the hatched markings instead of simply queuing like everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

From this morning

Damn Avensis drivers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Did you get a reg number off that? I'd submit that to traffic watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

^ looks like a Suzuki Swift got sandwiched by an artic on the other side of the roundabout (doesn't excuse the Avensis tho')

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

i mean, someone should be on scene shortly to direct traffic as a temporary T-junction.
    but that is a gutsy move...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ looks like a Suzuki Swift got sandwiched by an artic on the other side of the roundabout (doesn't excuse the Avensis tho')

i cant even figure out how the purple truck got onto verge.
    red truck overtook swift on the roundabout and forced purple off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Kamili wrote: »
    Did you get a reg number off that? I'd submit that to traffic watch!

I didn't, they were fairly quick on the roundabout. Was more concerned if any lemming behind was going to try the same stunt or if the other Avensis was going to ram into my path without looking!
    tc20 wrote: »

It looks like a club sandwich with the 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

:confused::confused:
    Of course, if I was going straight I'd have given any vehicles coming that direction lee-way. Not only busses.

But I was indicating right since 200m before the roundabout, and this poor, hard working bus driver didn't give a sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why?
    They should be planning to come to a complete stop before entering the roundabout - no two ways about it. If they are not then that is dangerous driving.
    Roundabouts work in a weird way that everyone should be able to get onto them without waiting too long.

That said if I see them flying thru with no intention of stopping I'm not gonna argue with them but doesn't make it right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

A few clips from the past month

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Tedpan, it seems like your cam is focusing on your bonnet edge rather than the road ……… or is it jus my gammy eyes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Chippy01 wrote:
    Tedpan, it seems like your cam is focusing on your bonnet edge rather than the road ……… or is it jus my gammy eyes?

Yeah unfortunately there's no way to fix it. The rear cam is far better. It's a few years old, no firmware updates or warranty so will have to live with it for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

No audio but I think her body language speaks volumes :D

Assuming the van driver had actually indicated left..... Apparently a Ford van towing a long trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jaxxx wrote: »
    No audio but I think her body language speaks volumes :D

Got in such a huff about not having her god given priority she forgot which way she was going lmao

Another arrogant BMW driver thinking she owns the road. Love one of the comments, "What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? A porcupine has the pricks on the outside!". On a semi-serious/joke note, trucks should just be allowed to plow through people like this :D It would make the world a better place!

Doesn't get much closer than this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

that BMW driver looks very like my sister-in-law, who also happens to live in scunthorpe. (see road sign)
    Gonna have a word later and if that her there will be fun had.

Special shoutouts for my "special kind of special" (SKOP) and "wtf" awards:
    0:30 - SKOP and WTF - seriously, the cyclist overtaking in a roundabout?? Am I seeing this right or do I need glasses (I do actually have glasses but maybe I need new ones)? Now I don't cycle (cos I can't actually) but I'm pretty sure cyclists cannot do that at roundabouts..... Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    1:10 - WTF - old car + old-ish man = recipe for disaster!
    4:16 - SKOP cyclist - that is a mini roundabout isn't it??
    7:28 - SKOP winner!!
    10:05 - Pure WTF moment.

Not the 'worst' offences in the video, just my favourite clips of the ones I thought deserved special mention.

The cam driver seems to have my own kinda luck in being a magnet for idiots. Though one or two clips I think he was going a bit quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Speaking as a cyclist myself, at 0:35 there was no need for the cyclist to overtake at the roundabout like that. But the driver must almost expect the oncoming car to get into the ditch for them.

Speaking as a cyclist myself, at 0:35 there was no need for the cyclist to overtake at the roundabout like that. But the driver must almost expect the oncoming car to get into the ditch for them.

Yeah a classic case of 'two wrongs don't make a right' wasn't it? Idiots the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

jaxxx wrote: »
    The cam driver seems to have my own kinda luck in being a magnet for idiots. Though one or two clips I think he was going a bit quick.

I wonder about that - I am a newbie to driving and admit fully I have loads to learn - hence two nicely positioned L plates - and I try when it is safe to do so, to pull in and let other faster drivers pass me by - actually I encourage it because they don't mind riding right up behind me and I'd rather they didn't - but I've seen a good few cam videos lately where the cam driver just doesn't seem to drive at the appropriate speed or allow for the fact that other drivers do silly things - something we all should be prepared for.

This is a pre-requisite to finding myself featured on one of these Dash Cams BTW :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Damien360

From the UK dashcams it appears there are a few types of cammer. One has subscribers to his own footage and actively goes about searching for trouble like the one above and the other is just blind to the fact that they are the main cause of issues and posts to a site.

An awful lot of the uk, Polish and Russian stuff is very avoidable accidents but for some reason they choose to hit. Average UK driver seems an angry git if you were going on footage.

Polish lad here (Clino I think....must check spelling) mentioned the driving is taught not as defensive in Poland but when you are right then you are in the right. That's my space kind of attitude and there is no changing this mindset.

Still plenty of idiots here but we seem to manage to avoid many of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement