Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

soups05 wrote: »
    that BMW driver looks very like my sister-in-law, who also happens to live in scunthorpe. (see road sign)
    Gonna have a word later and if that her there will be fun had.

well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

I've seen before pedestrians think that speed bumps are there as crossings for them. This girl found out the hard way.

Quite a good selection, a few 50/50s as usual but the guy with the black bonnet doesn't understand that the world doesn't have to stop and wait for him if they get to a gap first. As for being left hung out to dry in the middle lane after courteously moving over...I just don't bother doing it any more

Highlight was the Mexica Chinese Restaurant....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Isambard wrote: »
    I've seen before pedestrians think that speed bumps are there as crossings for them. This girl found out the hard way.

we have a speed bump up the road from our house where people regularly walk out onto it expecting cars to stop. Its not marked as a crossing but the bump is flush with the paths either side and has those bubbly type tile things you see on the ground at pedestrian crossings

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Few random bits from the last few weeks..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7449073/6c1ddfc9/rijschool_a_klasse_laat_zien_hoe_het_moet.html

Driving school working on its own bankruptcy.
    As if the 21-25% of successful 1st exams wasnt bad enough publicity for them already.

Probably the full 3 mins of a 3 minute part the dashcam is set to, not much happening in the last 90 seconds.

• Advertisement

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7449559/4e0b3ce6/is_dat_een_eland_.html

Moose playing frogger.

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7449075/1ec8b25b/inhalen_doe_je_zo.html

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7448841/2f2e9412/achteruit_inparkeren_.html
    Starts te get interesting\confusing at 44 secs.

Edit: Link removed: he died
    If you are looking for advice for a helmet, ask this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Not anymore.

inforfun wrote: »

Jesus, what kind of helmet was he wearing? Kryptonite? I can only assume that truck was empty or else his head would be paté.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

chewed wrote: »
    Jesus, what kind of helmet was he wearing? Kryptonite? I can only assume that truck was empty or else his head would be paté.

I saw that one posted elsewhere. He did die shortly after... adrenaline kept him going for a while...

• Advertisement

I saw that one posted elsewhere. He did die shortly after... adrenaline kept him going for a while...

Yep, seems to be an edited clip.
    Liveleak has the full version where does indeed collapse.

Poor guy! He should never have got up in the 1st place....not sure it would have made much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Have the RSA ever spent money on a tv advertisement campaign to show people how to correctly use a roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Have the RSA ever spent money on a tv advertisement campaign to show people how to correctly use a roundabout?

I think I remember seeing one at some point but it was a long time ago if I recall correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Zatoichi wrote: »

I had someone take the left hand lane for a 3 o'clock exit today.... and me in the correct lane for the same 3 o'clock exit. Same woman then proceeded to correctly stop at a red light, but rather than stop before the line, she goes completely past the white line and the light, and parks her bum there for the 30 seconds or so.... If ever I can figure out how to edit videos I'll put it up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Seve OB wrote: »
    well?

Sad to report she had two things to say when i sent her a link to video.

1) i never had a BMW, I know how to drive

2) am not that fat ya cheeky twat

shame, would have been good fun winding her up.

She did admit it is likely she would do something like that, but only if she felt she was in the right, not in that case where the female driver was clearly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

all good clips. Pleasure to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Share the Road

The Bike Lane continues to the other side of the junction, but its full of parked cars outside the primary school. Makes no difference though, the Fiesta Driver is an ignoramus.

Everyone should support cycling infrastructure, doubly so those who hate cyclists as it will keep them "out of your way".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You really need to start avoiding roundabouts :P

Share the Road
    The Bike Lane continues to the other side of the junction, but its full of parked cars outside the primary school. Makes no difference though, the Fiesta Driver is an ignoramus.

Everyone should support cycling infrastructure, doubly so those who hate cyclists as it will keep them "out of your way".

Speeding thru a red is not a great idea either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Trying to remember how to do this so be gentle AND it was GREEN when I started across the junction :pac:

Nothing really to see here, but the red van seemed to be going the speed of light when it came past me trying to head off the BMW.

These Nextbase cameras are ****, or at least they are on the setting I have it on!

Trying to remember how to do this so be gentle AND it was GREEN when I started across the junction :pac:

Nothing really to see here, but the red van seemed to be going the speed of light when it came past me trying to head off the BMW.

These Nextbase cameras are ****, or at least they are on the setting I have it on!

Road marking are for ****e but looks like straight ahead in your lane, hope the van gave the BMW the scare of her/his life crossing a lane like that

(recording looks grand to me)

fritzelly wrote: »
    (recording looks grand to me)

I had a 0803 which I bricked but you could make out numberplates much better than on this thing which set me back over €100!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

The light changed after I moved off, the light sequence allows time for you to clear the junction.

Or I could be 'that guy' who sits in the Junction pointing indignantly at the red, while the traffic from Howth Road have a green!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

He was in the middle of the junction before it turned amber...do you want him to sit there and block the traffic ffs :rolleyes:

fullstop wrote: »
    He was in the middle of the junction before it turned amber...do you want him to sit there and block the traffic ffs :rolleyes:

No but in fairness you have to be extra careful at pedestrian crossings, especially when there are people standing at it.

fullstop wrote: »

The light was amber before he entered the yellow box - regardless he went thru a red light at a pedestrian crossing when he should have stopped. Far worse than the guy "almost" knocking a cyclist over.
    When a pedestrian light goes red the green man comes on almost immediately

Edit to add
    See the red car to your left? He braked and stopped

Road marking are for ****e but looks like straight ahead in your lane, hope the van gave the BMW the scare of her/his life crossing a lane like that

I hope you're not out on the road much with an awful attitude like that. There was nothing aggressive, dangerous or careless about the BMW driver wanting to make the late right turn given that they didn't block traffic, had indicators on, and waited patiently for a gap. People realise they need to make late turns quite often. It's part of driving. Let them in and get on with life.

Every time you drive doesn't have to be treated like an opportunity for impotent aggression behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The light was amber before he entered the yellow box - regardless he went thru a red light at a pedestrian crossing when he should have stopped. Far worse than the guy "almost" knocking a cyclist over.
    When a pedestrian light goes red the green man comes on almost immediately

Edit to add
    See the red car to your left? He braked and stopped
    He was accelerating, the light turned amber when he was about a foot short of the box therefore he couldn't stop before it, not possible when accelerating.

• Advertisement

Every time you drive doesn't have to be treated like an opportunity for impotent aggression behind the wheel.

Unless it's a BMW or Audi :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement