Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I hope you're not out on the road much with an awful attitude like that. There was nothing aggressive, dangerous or careless about the BMW driver wanting to make the late right turn given that they didn't block traffic, had indicators on, and waited patiently for a gap. People realise they need to make late turns quite often. It's part of driving. Let them in and get on with life.

Every time you drive doesn't have to be treated like an opportunity for impotent aggression behind the wheel.

You should watch the clip again - van driver was happily going on his merry way to turn right and suddenly there is a BMW driver in front of him ignoring all other traffic and instead of giving way forced thru the junction.

The BMW was driving dangerously and the van did nothing wrong (don't think he was even going that fast)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

My very first, and quite possibly my last youtube dashcam video! Seriously, that was like the most stressful thing I've done in my entire life!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

So what do ye think, was this a drunk driver or not?
    Be warned, it's 3 minutes of your life you're not going to get back.

Her road position was constantly very far to the left.
    Her driving speed was erratic.
    And there was a slight kerb mount at 1:20.

But maybe I was paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

josip wrote: »

If she wasn't drunk, I would love to know what her excuse was.

Definitely drunk or high

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    My very first, and quite possibly my last youtube dashcam video! Seriously, that was like the most stressful thing I've done in my entire life!!!!!!

]

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

fritzelly wrote: »
    Definitely drunk or high

Bad driver, slow driver, inexperienced driver, someone who drove on the left side for the first time.

Could be anything really, maybe on the phone?

But you don't know, so when the registration plate is visible, you should be careful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

100% high on smartphone.

Classic behaviour of a ‘Noddy’

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And another reason for Josip's clip: Only recently started to drive in Ireland with only driving experience on the continent.
    I know i clipped a kerb here or there making left turns. Takes a bit of time to get used to

But yeah, best guess is woman in car like that = something very important was happening on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

jaxxx wrote:

My last clip took 7 hours.. the joys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

fullstop wrote: »
    He was in the middle of the junction before it turned amber...do you want him to sit there and block the traffic ffs :rolleyes:

Fully agree, light was green when he crossed the line, turned amber half way across the junction

It's surely only a matter of time before Boards receives a defamation action with posts like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

This overtake: what's the thoughts?

No I guess is the short answer, but I would think most people have overtaken tractor on a solid line. This one was a bit marginal though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

If you were going any faster or if the car overtaking was going any slower it would have been quite dangerous. I would have waited until a clear straight came along before overtaking. In saying that; I cannot put myself in that drivers shoes in that situation.

Isambard wrote: »
    No I guess is the short answer, but I would think most people have overtaken tractor on a solid line. This one was a bit marginal though

My thoughts too, far too near the corner which is deceptively blind and nowhere to pull in
    rizzee wrote: »
    If you were going any faster or if the car overtaking was going any slower it would have been quite dangerous. I would have waited until a clear straight came along before overtaking. In saying that; I cannot put myself in that drivers shoes in that situation.

It's clear he did not know the road at all, as if they were to wait a bit longer there is a nice stretch here he could have overtaken (the straight I was coming from has half blind corners), or just waited for the farmer to pull in (I knew where he was going and it wasn't much further down the road, unless he was going a bit further!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Modern tractors are capable of higher speeds than in the old days where the Massey or the Ford 4000 might go along at 10 or 11 mph.
    In the vid that looks like a Fastrac which can and usually does 50kph.
    So an overtake is probably going to take considerably longer.

Modern tractors are capable of higher speeds than in the old days where the Massey or the Ford 4000 might go along at 10 or 11 mph.
    In the vid that looks like a Fastrac which can and usually does 50kph.
    So an overtake is probably going to take considerably longer.

Volvo loading shovel, similar to this, don't know what it's rated speed is though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

This overtake: what's the thoughts?

Grand stretch in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Looks like an L60G or L70G/H rated for a maximum of about 46 km/h in 4th gear* more likely a solid 30 Km/h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I would say nervous or new driver rather than drink driver - in my experience drink drivers weave considerably more - I'm new to driving and I recognise the braking when cornering/a car comes towards you and the hugging on the inside line - strange for someone driving without L plates though? Didn't mind losing the 3 minutes enjoyed the spin up church road :D

fritzelly wrote: »
    You should watch the clip again - van driver was happily going on his merry way to turn right and suddenly there is a BMW driver in front of him ignoring all other traffic and instead of giving way forced thru the junction.

The BMW was driving dangerously and the van did nothing wrong (don't think he was even going that fast)

The BMW driver didn't move for some time, The van driver wasn't paying attention and accelerated hard to make the lights.

I can watch the video fine, you need to seriously re-examine your attitudes toward driving,

"I OWN THE ROAD" "ITS MY LANE" "SOMEONE GETTING IN FRONT OF ME IS DRIVING DANGEROUSLY" "INDICATING AND WAITING FOR SPACE TO MAKE A LANE CHANGE IS FORCING THEIR WAY IN"

Get a grip and as I said, hopefully you aren't out on the road much. Your attitude is ****. People make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would think not drink driving. Watching drink drivers they tend to veer and over correct a lot. This was more just plain ****e driving I think. Perhaps they were new to the car and not used to the size.

Never underestimate just how bad drivers on our roads can be. I see people hugging the kerb all the time when driving. I would guess out of nervousness, but perhaps just plain stupidity is at play too. A terrible driver for sure, but a drunk one I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

My thoughts too, far too near the corner which is deceptively blind and nowhere to pull in

It's clear he did not know the road at all, as if they were to wait a bit longer there is a nice stretch here he could have overtaken (the straight I was coming from has half blind corners), or just waited for the farmer to pull in (I knew where he was going and it wasn't much further down the road, unless he was going a bit further!)

If only there was some marking on the road to let you know when you shouldn't overtake...

The BMW driver didn't move for some time, The van driver wasn't paying attention and accelerated hard to make the lights.

I can watch the video fine, you need to seriously re-examine your attitudes toward driving,

"I OWN THE ROAD" "ITS MY LANE" "SOMEONE GETTING IN FRONT OF ME IS DRIVING DANGEROUSLY" "INDICATING AND WAITING FOR SPACE TO MAKE A LANE CHANGE IS FORCING THEIR WAY IN"

Get a grip and as I said, hopefully you aren't out on the road much. Your attitude is ****. People make mistakes.
    you need to watch it again. The BMW was in the wrong lane and stationary in the middle of a yellow box and cut right across the front of the van almost causing an accident. If he had made a mistake, he should have continued on and turned and come back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Isambard wrote: »
    you need to watch it again. The BMW was in the wrong lane and stationary in the middle of a yellow box

Nothing in my posts indicated that I thought otherwise. The BMW was also never stationary in the video, it was creeping.
    and cut right across the front of the van almost causing an accident.
    No, they waited for at least 3 cars to pass and when a gap opened up took it (probably too slowly).

Telling me to watch a video again when it's clear it's you and the other fella with the issues actually understanding what's going on is a bit pointless.

The BMW driver was in the wrong lane, moved into the yellow box to let cars behind get around to their left and indicated to turn right while waiting for a gap.

There was nothing dangerous or careless about their driving, despite what overly-aggressive impotent drivers want to think. They made a mistake and attempted to get out of it without inconveniencing anyone. A Van driver not paying attention and trying to beat the lights by accelerating abruptly /=/ BMW driving dangerously.

People like you are what makes driving frequently unpleasant.

i'd hazard you know nothing about my driving.
    As I said, he should have continued on and turned and come back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Nothing in my posts indicated that I thought otherwise. The BMW was also never stationary in the video, it was creeping.

No, they waited for at least 3 cars to pass and when a gap opened up took it (probably too slowly).

Telling me to watch a video again when it's clear it's you and the other fella with the issues actually understanding what's going on is a bit pointless.

The BMW driver was in the wrong lane, moved into the yellow box to let cars behind get around to their left and indicated to turn right while waiting for a gap.

There was nothing dangerous or careless about their driving, despite what overly-aggressive impotent drivers want to think. They made a mistake and attempted to get out of it without inconveniencing anyone. A Van driver not paying attention and trying to beat the lights by accelerating abruptly /=/ BMW driving dangerously.

People like you are what makes driving frequently unpleasant.
    Entering a yellow box without a clear exit is an offence.

really worries me when I read some of the bickering in here, it becomes clearly obvious that driver education in Ireland is greatly insufficient.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement