Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Road from Duleek at lunchtime. Really close, could have been on the mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

inforfun wrote: »

That must have been Power Pants with his chinese tyres :pac:

tcawley29 wrote:
    That must have been Power Pants with his chinese tyres

The cammer was flooring it. The civic was flat out too but obviously didn't realize how fast he was going and had no idea how to take the corner at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

tedpan wrote: »
    The cammer was flooring it. The civic was flat out too but obviously didn't realize how fast he was going and had no idea how to take the corner at speed.

It was a joke...

• Advertisement

tcawley29 wrote:
    It was a joke...

I knew that, just couldn't quote the original link on the boards app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

The BMW driver didn't move for some time, The van driver wasn't paying attention and accelerated hard to make the lights.

I can watch the video fine, you need to seriously re-examine your attitudes toward driving,

"I OWN THE ROAD" "ITS MY LANE" "SOMEONE GETTING IN FRONT OF ME IS DRIVING DANGEROUSLY" "INDICATING AND WAITING FOR SPACE TO MAKE A LANE CHANGE IS FORCING THEIR WAY IN"

Get a grip and as I said, hopefully you aren't out on the road much. Your attitude is ****. People make mistakes.

Over react much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Shane_ef wrote: »

0:16 Ultra instinct!

^ That will be lost on you unless you're a Dragonball fan, and it's not something one can easily explain :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Yikes

Thought it was gonna topple over, that surely can not be legal

• Advertisement

Desperately needed to get home to catch the remainder of This Morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

My encounter a while back only got the dash cam a few days before this happened
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1znGdik9_PnBNnOfDn8pDBsbNqBkR1oty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

You should have beeped him out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1znGdik9_PnBNnOfDn8pDBsbNqBkR1oty

Please report to traffic watch or tweet to the Garda traffic!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

Couldnt be arsed or wasnt able to get around the roundabout so took the shortcut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

inforfun wrote: »

At 00.53, does the Tesla automatically swing to the left to avoid the truck? What if you were on a narrow road with a ditch on your side (common enough in Ireland) and overtaking a truck, would the car automatically drive into the ditch to avoid the swerving truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Slideways wrote: »
    Couldnt be arsed or wasnt able to get around the roundabout so took the shortcut

What are you listening to!?:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pretzill wrote: »
    I would say nervous or new driver rather than drink driver - in my experience drink drivers weave considerably more - I'm new to driving and I recognise the braking when cornering/a car comes towards you and the hugging on the inside line - strange for someone driving without L plates though? Didn't mind losing the 3 minutes enjoyed the spin up church road :D

Could be a person new to the car either who does not realise just how wide those big beasts are.
    This of course is not limited to new owners of such vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Please report to traffic watch or tweet to the Garda traffic!! :pac:

Oh I’d like to report it just to see what they say but im scared if I did I’d have that guard car waiting at that crossroad for me when I go home tonight

(Completely irrational I know)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The BMW driver didn't move for some time, The van driver wasn't paying attention and accelerated hard to make the lights.

I know the vid is a few pages back now, but that junction in Donnycarney has a stop line for those turning right that is quite some distance behind the stop line for those going straight on or left. The red van was very much in the wrong, imo.
    picture.php?albumid=2386&pictureid=15467

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a joke of a roundabout, I'd have doubts he would have been able to make it around if he attempted to do it properly. That entrance is just facing the complete wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

spurious wrote: »
    I know the vid is a few pages back now, but that junction in Donnycarney has a stop line for those turning right that is quite some distance behind the stop line for those going straight on or left. The red van was very much in the wrong, imo.
    picture.php?albumid=2386&pictureid=15467

GTA!

I know we all here laughing at people for making stupid decisions and such, but unfortunately no one's perfect (not that I ever believed that I was.... I'm about as far from being that kinda guy as you can get), but I was reminded of this today. Seen it a million times in vids and yet today it happened to me. Was driving in the city and indicated to turn into a turn off lane. Checked mirrors. Didn't see anything. Proceeded to veer left into the lane, when all of a car comes into my mirror's view as I'm veering left. Turned straight back into my lane soon as I saw her, I swear someone was looking down on me, dunno how I didn't hit her. I almost sh@t myself. There are careful drivers, and there are CAREFUL drivers, believe me I'm the latter. I've been racking my brain all day to try and figure out how I didn't see her when I checked my mirrors, I can only think that she must have been in my blindspot. Just goes to show that no matter how careful you are, anyone can make mistakes. I'm still reeling from it. Dunno if I feel more shocked, embarrassed or god knows what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lifesaver look over the shoulder next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

SuperS54 wrote: »
    What are you listening to!?:D

That's a podcast called Casefile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    That's a podcast called Casefile.
    Bingo! Aus radio is terrible, I listen to podcasts most of the time
    What a joke of a roundabout, I'd have doubts he would have been able to make it around if he attempted to do it properly. That entrance is just facing the complete wrong way.

I don’t think he should have been in there at all. It’s a car park, no reason for him to be driving through it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I don’t think he should have been in there at all. It’s a car park, no reason for him to be driving through it

I know this is probably way out there but I'm guessing from the size of the car park there might be a few small corner shops there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Borderfox wrote: »
    Lifesaver look over the shoulder next time

Fully agree, people don't do it anymore, granted it's not easy to see over your shoulder in some cars, I do it all the time in my Cortina though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement