Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

The lorry at 25 seconds, this really bothered me yesterday and I was thinking of calling into a Garda station to report it or am I over reacting and should just let it go? I was merging onto the M50. There's a jump where two clips are joined together so ignore that.

i think the problem involves the silver car stopping instead of merging and the white truck got caught out and had to take avoiding action onto the hard shoulder. Probably better than ramming you I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Isambard wrote: »
    i think the problem involves the silver car stopping instead of merging and the white truck got caught out and had to take avoiding action onto the hard shoulder. Probably better than ramming you I guess.

Agreed. Silver car should've kept going while the aux lane was clear and merge at a more suitable speed.

It's not as if the lane suddenly disappears after 50m.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

For one reason or the other, people think if they dont merge immediately, they will never get the chance again. Even on the M50 where some of these lanes where you enterr the M50 go on for kilometers and become an exit (Blanchardstown - Finglas for example)
    Silver car screwed everybody there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There is another car close in front of the silver citroen, while I think they could have merged better I don't think it would have made any big difference. The truck running off into the hard shoulder should have seen the congestion coming down the on-ramp and slowed himself and attempted to merge correctly. That being said, merging large trucks like that is a nightmare on a congested M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There is another car close in front of the silver citroen, while I think they could have merged better I don't think it would have made any big difference. The truck running off into the hard shoulder should have seen the congestion coming down the on-ramp and slowed himself and attempted to merge correctly. That being said, merging large trucks like that is a nightmare on a congested M50.

So just forget it really? No worries, I was just fuming at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I wasn't dawdling along here, the speed limit is 80 which is where I was at. Guy behind me couldn't wait though and overtook on a stretch of road which I thought was less than ideal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So just forget it really? No worries, I was just fuming at the time.

No no, that's up to you. Just giving an opinion is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Go Volvo
    What a car

Wow, head on collision with a truck and the passenger cabin looks intact.
    Looks like it done as much damage to the truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Wow, head on collision with a truck and the passenger cabin looks intact.
    Looks like it done as much damage to the truck.

There's a good chance if it's near some of their engineers, Volvo will come out and analyse the crashed vehicle to see if there's anything to improve on in future designs.

https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/about-us/traffic-safety/accident-research-team.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Mycroft H wrote:
    There's a good chance if it's near some of their engineers, Volvo will come out and analyse the crashed vehicle to see if there's anything to improve on in future designs.

Geely at their best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

i'm guessing the tag guy was hoping you'd pull up close to him and activate the barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

A few from yesterday and today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

No words for this muppet cyclist https://youtu.be/nsTrs77Xxr8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

So this happened today. It's not often I find myself lost for words but.....

You can skip the first 30 seconds if you want. Thought I'd cut that bit off but obviously not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jaxxx wrote: »
    You can skip the first 30 seconds if you want. Thought I'd cut that bit off but obviously not :D

Always leave a good 20 secs at the beginning, by the time you press play, go full screen and YouTube catches up with the quality a lot of clips are over (very annoying)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

fritzelly wrote: »
    Always leave a good 20 secs at the beginning, by the time you press play, go full screen and YouTube catches up with the quality a lot of clips are over (very annoying)

Thanks. Not that I plan on making a career out of it :p

The rage is strong with this one.

Would like to know what happened earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

First clip after the titles gotta be cash for crash
    Second to last one I'd be calling the police - thats like Dead End scary stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Jesus that merge attempt was bloody lethal...could have ended up a very serious incident.

The rage is strong with this one.

Would like to know what happened earlier...

could see it much better if it wasn't reversed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

jaxxx wrote: »
    So this happened today. It's not often I find myself lost for words but.....

I had that happen me once before. In fairness to the driver who did it in my case they were a tourist, pulled up along side me and asked me if I would let them cut across (missed turn).
    I said no problem. Sometimes people are genuine about these things, usually its just an ass though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Isambard wrote: »
    i'm guessing the tag guy was hoping you'd pull up close to him and activate the barrier.
    Patww79 wrote: »

First time I've got this on camera, but this happened a few times before.

Remember the first time it happened years ago pre dashcam days, there were 3 of us in the car, I lay on the horn until they got out of the way and when they were in the other lane we all started roaring and cheering out the window at them.

You'd want to see the thick head on her! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement