Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

zubair wrote: »
    :confused:

right door open when driveing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

inforfun wrote: »

Full screen and Headphones :D, delicious sound from it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Zith wrote: »

Who is owning the road here - Is that the dash cam driver or the oncoming vehicle? From a distance you can see that oncoming is driving out (a bit far) around the parked cars - why did the dashcam driver beep and not slow down earlier?

This is just my interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Pretzill wrote: »
    Who is owning the road here - Is that the dash cam driver or the oncoming vehicle? From a distance you can see that oncoming is driving out (a bit far) around the parked cars - why did the dashcam driver beep and not slow down earlier?

The obstruction is on the other drivers side of the road so the onus is on him to give way. Also, he's excessively far out from the parked cars from what I can see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The oncoming car that moved over beyond the broken white line to pass the parked cars at their side of the road would be in the wrong there. The obstruction was at their side of the road and therefore should only have moved across the broken white line if it were safe to do so which clearly wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I always used to wonder how crashes happened on the M50... how could some people drive so stupid and dangerously.

Well, I met this guy this morning.
    No indicator.
    Never looked.
    In my small car beside that truck, things could have turned pretty bad for a lovely Friday morning...

Edit - yeah, not worth reporting! Still gave me a fright!

(Excuse the bad language!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

bazz26 wrote: »
    The oncoming car that moved over beyond the broken white line to pass the parked cars at their side of the road would be in the wrong there. The obstruction was at their side of the road and therefore should only have moved across the broken white line if it were safe to do so which clearly wasn't.

there was no need for the oncoming driver to be over so far, loads of room for two cars there.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I always used to wonder how crashes happened on the M50... how could some people drive so stupid and dangerously.

Well, I met this guy this morning.
    No indicator.
    Never looked.
    In my small car beside that truck, things could have turned pretty bad for a lovely Friday morning...

One to report to the Gardai?

(Excuse the bad language!)

my advice, don't do that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Isambard wrote: »
    my advice, don't do that

Aye get past HGVs quicker than that you're in blind spots for longer than you think. Still the guy who cut across like that was a muppet. No not worth reporting IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Isambard wrote: »
    there was no need for the oncoming driver to be over so far, loads of room for two cars there.

You will get no argument from me about that but the fact is they did cross the broken white line to the other side of the road and into the path of the dashcam driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

It may be hard to see in the video but the camera car is actually hugging the orange line to the left having observed the 4x4's positioning. It is also slowing down but there is a lag to the GPS location shown on screen. As others have correctly pointed out the onus is on the driver on whose side the obstruction is to yield. The 4x4 was completely oblivious/not concerned to the fact he had crossed the centre line into the path of an oncoming car.
    The beep was an attempt to inform the 4x4 that he may have performed an unusual maneuver. Wasted effort in my estimation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The 4x4 was barrelling down the middle of the road way before the obstruction (other drivers were courteous enough to stay on their side til they needed to move over)
    Just a pig ignorant old driver who thinks they own the road and to hell with anyone else (wasn't even looking at you as he was passing)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Thanks all it was a genuine query - as I had thought once the oncoming driver had committed to overtake the parked cars the car coming towards would slow or stop - (but I can see it's a crap manoeuvre)

I'm learning :)

Thanks all it was a genuine query - as I had thought once the oncoming driver had committed to overtake the parked cars the car coming towards would slow or stop - (but I can see it's a crap manoeuvre)

I'm learning :)

If he was passing the parked cars (in a normal fashion) before you got there then yeah you give right of way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Not a bother I will just stroll across the road. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47Pq2WL2_0

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Not a bother I will just stroll across the road. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47Pq2WL2_0

Ahh O'Connell St, the bastion of good cycling - just waiting for the day a cyclist crashes in to me crossing the lights as there is usually mainly buses waiting at the lights and cyclist flies up between them oblivious (close calls so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

fritzelly wrote: »
    If he was passing the parked cars (in a normal fashion) before you got there then yeah you give right of way

Unless you're in the UK where they speed up and stop in front of him with nowhere to go then act surprised, feed their Ego for being 'right' then post it into a YouTube compilation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

fritzelly wrote:
    Ahh O'Connell St, the bastion of good cycling - just waiting for the day a cyclist crashes in to me crossing the lights as there is usually mainly buses waiting at the lights and cyclist flies up between them oblivious (close calls so far)

True.. It's unbelievable at around 5-6pm anywhere in the city when they are all finished work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

A nice compilation piece from America

watching paint dry would be more interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mental Note: never watch any videos/compilations from that channel ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

This was an accident I had last year. Sorry, it ends abruptly because I didn't want to show the number plate. Foreign visitor. He said he taught I was parked.€550 damage to my car. He paid up when I told him I had a dashcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Unless you're in the UK where they speed up and stop in front of him with nowhere to go then act surprised, feed their Ego for being 'right' then post it into a YouTube compilation :P

You do know what thread you're in, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You do know what thread you're in, right?

Yes, I was poking fun at the UK Compilations where the drivers willingly drive into situations that even Stevie Wonder could see are hazardous. Most people with common sense would keep a distance but these guys make a point of it.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Yes, I was poking fun at the UK Compilations where the drivers willingly drive into situations that even Stevie Wonder could see are hazardous. Most people with common sense would keep a distance but these guys make a point of it.
    Many of the roundabout "incidents" are simply down to drivers trying to use the "Milton Keynes" method in inappropriate locations.

In Milton Keynes, most of the roundabouts were designed for fast in and fast out.
    If you're stopped then you're fúcked, you have to wait for a long gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Both videos taken the same day.
    In second video watch on full screen and into distance. The first crossing looked more civilized to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

2 things on that last vid..

WTF! a cyclist stopping at lights :P

and sorry, was your man off his tree or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

reklamos wrote: »
    Both videos taken the same day.
    In second video watch on full screen and into distance. The first crossing looked more civilized to me ;)

Reminded me of this scene

tumblr_mz45pmeon91qclvcho2_250.gif
    MV5BNTJiYzM0NDItNGYxZC00NjYxLThjMjQtODhkM2ViZjM0ODliL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAxOTExNTM@._V1_.jpg

454101.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement