Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Utter BS both the car and cyclist broke the red light. Plus if she was turning right she would be on the other side. By the way there is Amber lights for a reason

She would only be on the other side if there was a lane for turning right.
    Unless you are suggesting she migrates from the RHS of a lane to the LHS whilst turning?
    Wouldnt that put her into contact with any cars also turning right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

DaDumTish wrote: »

Looks almost intentional or lost concentration

...and someone else needs to move their camera to point downwards more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

UTUBE]q--v1shLwG0[/YOUTUBE]

You need to angle you camera downwards considerably. You can hardly make out any detail in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Anyone else see this and think of "must corner like it's on rails" from Pretty Woman?

josip wrote: »
    Anyone else see this and think of "must corner like it's on rails" from Pretty Woman?

Showing your age and no lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

fritzelly wrote: »

Definitely looks intentional. They would have to knowingly straighten the car because they were already taking the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

fritzelly wrote: »

Is it not because the black car (two cars behind dash cam) veers into the white vans path?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Could have ended a lot worse. :eek: Looks to be a flyover of some sort!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is it not because the black car (two cars behind dash cam) veers into the white vans path?

Good spot..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

n1ck wrote: »
    Poor example as she is at fault but still I don't know how people don't react worse to these things, if someone kicked my car i'd go mental!

Was she really in the wrong? I mean, it appears that way because the other car is turning right and it looks like she's not giving way to the right but the two cars are approaching the roundabout from opposite sides and get there at roughly the same time (he is slightly ahead). The only reason he gets in front of her like that is because he drives straight over the roundabout. If he used it properly it would take him longer to get around and she's likely be out on the roundabout ahead of him. I presume he didn't indicate either although i can't tell for sure.
    Not saying I'm right here, I'm just not sure. He is wrong to use the roundabout like that when there's another car at it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Mousewar wrote: »
    Was she really in the wrong? I mean, it appears that way because the other car is turning right and it looks like she's not giving way to the right but the two cars are approaching the roundabout from opposite sides and get there at roughly the same time (he is slightly ahead). The only reason he gets in front of her like that is because he drives straight over the roundabout. If he used it properly it would take him longer to get around and she's likely be out on the roundabout ahead of him. I presume he didn't indicate either although i can't tell for sure.
    Not saying I'm right here, I'm just not sure. He is wrong to use the roundabout like that when there's another car at it, right?

You're probably right, I didn't pay a massive amount of attention to positioning of both - I was more concerned about him booting the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

inforfun wrote: »

Any follow-up story on that? Driver sleeping or drunk?

And that is why you're supposed to treat each lane change as a separate manoeuvre.

It does more than veer into his path. It drives into the van. Look at the dent in the driver's door of the van. It's there before he hits the rails.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

seagull wrote: »
    Any follow-up story on that? Driver sleeping or drunk?
    Nothing in the comments apart from the usual guesses: whatsapp, facebook, dropped something and tried to pick it up or just tired and dozing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

was nice of the cam car to stop all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Seve OB wrote: »
    was nice of the cam car to stop all the same

Gonna take a punt and say they didnt know till they viewed the footage later ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMmoqSbjKUk at one min

Looks exit from Santry just before port Tunnel entrance.(<<flyover above this) If that Van went over those rails there's a big drop on other side onto a Motorway.

Black car totally in the wrong, probably did'nt look/indicate before moving to outside lane and hits the Van which is pushed into the barier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Looks exit from Santry just before port Tunnel entrance.(<<flyover above this) If that Van went over those rails there's a big drop on other side onto a Motorway.

Black car totally in the wrong, probably did'nt look/indicate before moving to outside lane and hits the Van which is pushed into the barier

UK plates and road markings would indicate that it isn't Ireland.

I've no idea how you thought that was Santry in the slightest, sure clue in the title A38

tis a mighty drop all the same

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.78925,-1.6748317,3a,75y,309.2h,86.06t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRszxhSyOwIiiE7u0D11L1w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Maybe the white van was in the black cars blind spot at the time. A perfect example of why you should always use your mirrors and take a quick look over your shoulder when changing lanes.

Black car is 100% at fault and I hope the get crucified for this.

looks like the black car took a very late dive for the onramp to the motorway.
    van really should have swung left down the onramp, but very difficult to have the reaction to do that.
    i'd say he had brown pants after

There's no way the van was avoiding that. He was more than level with the black car when it made its move. The car just pulled across with no indication, and I'm presuming without looking, and hit him in the door. I'm guessing the video will end up with the authorities, and the driver of the black car will wind up with a very large bill, and hopefully a ban.

Thats the car I'm talking about, veers left sharply, not like he was changing lanes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

Before we all crucify the black car driver can everyone watch the video from the 40s mark?
    The black car that was exiting across the white van had presumably come from the exit to the right of the one that the cam car, the black car immediately behind it and the white van, came from.
    Because that black car was taking what for it was its 3rd exit, it was correctly in the right hand lane on the roundabout and was taking a 2 lane exit so I don't think it was doing a whole lot wrong.
    Impossible to tell if it was indicating or not form that angle.

The van on the other hand was taking, what for it was it's 3rd exit, but approached the roundabout in the wrong lane for that.
    I suspect to jump ahead of the cars ahead of it on the roundabout.
    It undertook those cars on the roundabout and was in the process of undertaking the black car when it was trying to exit.

Maybe the black car could have been more aware, but if I was a solicitor/barrister with a choice of which side to take in court, it would be the black car driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

josip wrote: »
    Before we all crucify the black car driver can everyone watch the video from the 40s mark?
    The black car that was exiting across the white van had presumably come from the exit to the right of the one that the cam car, the black car immediately behind it and the white van, came from.
    Because that black car was taking what for it was its 3rd exit, it was correctly in the right hand lane on the roundabout and was taking a 2 lane exit so I don't think it was doing a whole lot wrong.
    Impossible to tell if it was indicating or not form that angle.

The van on the other hand was taking, what for it was it's 3rd exit, but approached the roundabout in the wrong lane for that.
    I suspect to jump ahead of the cars ahead of it on the roundabout.
    It undertook those cars on the roundabout and was in the process of undertaking the black car when it was trying to exit.

Maybe the black car could have been more aware, but if I was a solicitor/barrister with a choice of which side to take in court, it would be the black car driver.

Nah I still think the black car is at fault. Regardless of whether the white van is in the wrong lane or not the black car absolutely did not check either their mirror or blind spot, possibly both by the looks of it and they're about to learn a very expensive lesson.

Just because someone is in the wrong lane does not mean another driver has the right to ram them off the road either

Edit: I did watch again 5 times to see if I could see it from your point of view but I simply cannot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement