Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looking closer I never noticed the turn off - that explains the sharp veer - black car in the wrong lane
    White van was in the correct lane assuming he was going the same way as the cammer but its really inconsequential

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

Second woman was cleaning her nails with basically her wrists on the steering wheel ...while joining a motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,936 ✭✭✭✭josip

fritzelly wrote: »
    Looking closer I never noticed the turn off - that explains the sharp veer - black car in the wrong lane
    White van was in the correct lane assuming he was going the same way as the cammer but its really inconsequential

Black car was taking his/her 3rd exit, could have moved left sooner admittedly, but that was the correct lane to be in for most of their time going around the roundabout.

White van was taking his/her 3rd exit but intended going three quarters of the way around the roundabout in the outside lane, which is not the correct lane.

I've spared no expense to come up with the following

L90wEXd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I don't think the black car was entirely at fault there.

He didn't exit on the same ramp as the cam car and I would say the van pulled out in front of him onto the roundabout.

Black car wasn't taking first exit but the one after and van was cutting up his inside not allowing him to exit as intended. Yes black car is guilty of lack on attention but the van willingly put himself there.

Also he made up some ground on that exit ramp because you don't see him and then he's there.

Either way I'd say it was a sticky bum moment and lucky not to have gone over. He could've landed on another car below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

josip not to be argumentative or anything but how do you know thats what the white van intended to do. Maybe he was going to be taking the same exit as the black car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

tcawley29 wrote: »
    josip not to be argumentative or anything but how do you know thats what the white van intended to do. Maybe he was going to be taking the same exit as the black car.

Why would he get onto the roundabout to go straight through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Why would he get onto the roundabout to go straight through?

Quite possible he may not have been familiar with the roundabout, gotten on, noticed the sign was not for where he wanted to go and realized it was the next exit off the motorway.
    Its all hearsay to be honest, I don't know either drivers intentions here, neither do you (unless you have personally spoken to both)
    Absolutely nothing excuses the black car for their inattentiveness though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Quite possible he may not have been familiar with the roundabout, gotten on, noticed the sign was not for where he wanted to go and realized it was the next exit off the motorway.
    Its all hearsay to be honest, I don't know either drivers intentions here, neither do you (unless you have personally spoken to both)
    Absolutely nothing excuses the black car for their inattentiveness though

Watched it again there now the van was actually taking his third exit and in the wrong lane in doing so. The Peugeot was wrong at all costs but the white Citroen? van should not have been there. Easily preventable accident

No argumentativeness taken :)

Thanks to whoever sent the Google maps location earlier, it's possible to go and have a look at the exit.

JkAvHdP.jpg

There are 2 exit lanes.
    If for a very weird reason the van driver wanted to rejoin the road they just left, they would have taken the leftmost of the 2 exit lanes and never collided with the black car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Red lights do not apply to some BMW drivers...

The infamous roundabout

• Advertisement

Someone had a few too many watching the England game?

Wide on every corner, overshot the red light, crossed the road multiple times and finally clipped the kerb coming off the roundabout....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

A small bit of idiocy at 01:01 but main event at 01:59

What a frigging idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Generally if people are unfamiliar or unsure about a road they will slow down to try to figure out where to go...the van was accelerating around the outside trying to overtake the traffic is what it looks like - remember the cam car is a driving school so he probably thought he'd use the roundabout to overtake the learner.

You see him come into the picture at 47 seconds in the clip. He doesn't take the first exit and as josip says why would he take the second to rejoin the road he just left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

n1ck wrote: »
    Someone had a few too many watching the England game?

Wide on every corner, overshot the red light, crossed the road multiple times and finally clipped the kerb coming off the roundabout....

I'd have been onto the guards for that one. Someone could have been seriously hurt.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    I'd have been onto the guards for that one. Someone could have been seriously hurt.

I was, I called them (the reason I followed him) - I sat up parked for a bit too as he stopped at a takeaway to see if they came.. they never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I was, I called them (the reason I followed him) - I sat up parked for a bit too as he stopped at a takeaway to see if they came.. they never did.

And there lies the problem. Like the stupid bint doing her nails joining the motorway, a lot of people have realised that there is close to zero risk of any consequences for their behaviour, other than maybe crashing. The Gardaí have left us to our own devices on the roads. A lot of people will behave in a safe and courteous fashion. But I fear that the balance has tipped to the point where the majority now behave in a careless and downright dangerous fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Joeface

Small Shunt ,Happens in the first few seconds .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Its amazing how often you can pick out the car who's going to cause everything even before anything happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No crashes or anything but a bit surreal, looks like a pc game. China/Pakistan border:

^^^^^^^
    You need to tilt your dashcam down, you're getting too much sky! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Thargor wrote: »
    No crashes or anything but a bit surreal, looks like a pc game. China/Pakistan border:

Wow those mountains - :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

On the phone while driving - had to use my horn to get past him. I sent a complaint to the company

Craftylee wrote: »
    On the phone while driving - had to use my horn to get past him. I sent a complaint to the company

I hope you included a link to the video!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Fair play to you! What a sod...he's crossing that white line without even realising it - so dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

I hope you included a link to the video!

I did indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Wow!

Turn your phone sideways!!!

But still stunning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

A few from last month. I think the good weather brings them out!

Yield you say? I'd leave the L plate up for a while yet...

Ah sure, it had just gone red... by about 3 seconds! :eek:

Dodgy N3 lane change, with swearing removed!

Finally, the worst spot on my drive home - George's Street/Dame Street junction. Don't know what it is about this place, but it is chaos at rush hour between bikes, pedestrians, taxis, buses and cars.... and everyone seems to lose a bit of common sense around here (note the car on the wrong side of the road, reversing as I turn the corner, just as the cyclist decides he's going to cross the road in front of me)...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement