Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Couple of years back I went and got D licence.(bus) I was shocked at how many things I noticed I had let slip over the years. Firm believer everybody should resit driver training every 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Couple of years back I went and got D licence.(bus) I was shocked at how many things I noticed I had let slip over the years. Firm believer everybody should resit driver training every 10 years.

I would advocate having to do some form of exam in order to renew your licence.
    Most professional bodies require their members to be re-assessed periodically, so why not all drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

jaxxx wrote:
    It really is no wonder the world's so f****d when so many people can't even negotiate a roundabout properly... What's worse is I'd say a solid majority of these plonkers actually think they're doing the right thing.

The world? I think you mean Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    maybe I'm confused , I thought this was the incident where the guy swerved to miss him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Isambard wrote:
    maybe I'm confused , I thought this was the incident where the guy swerved to miss him.

Oh I never saw the video, it was removed from YouTube before I got a chance. I assume there was a crash once the insurance company was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Apologies, first attempted upload so I hope this works! Absolutely sick and tired of being cut up at roundabouts by people staying in the right hand lane and carrying straight on. This time I was forced onto the kerb. Makes my blood boil and happens numerous times each week at this spot (in both directions)

I don't hang around when I'm beside someone on those roundabouts.

Get ahead of them on the outside lane so IF there is a collision, they're at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Caliden wrote: »
    Get ahead of them on the outside lane so IF there is a collision, they're at fault.

Huh?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

****ed up things, roundabouts like that.
    2 visible lanes to get on them but once you are, there are no lanes anymore.

e4e1620d98514b66c7b2e3ab0bc04978.png

****ty little car isnt staying in his of her imaginary lane either, taking the racing line after leaving the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

GreeBo wrote: »
    The lane arrows are misleading here in fairness.

Looks like a filter lane to go left IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Apologies, first attempted upload so I hope this works! Absolutely sick and tired of being cut up at roundabouts by people staying in the right hand lane and carrying straight on. This time I was forced onto the kerb. Makes my blood boil and happens numerous times each week at this spot (in both directions)
    jaxxx wrote: »
    It really is no wonder the world's so f****d when so many people can't even negotiate a roundabout properly... What's worse is I'd say a solid majority of these plonkers actually think they're doing the right thing.

Oh how I so wish I had a job driving a tank and could just plow into these idiots who have no idea of the simplest things when it comes to driving...

Looks like a filter lane to go left IMHO.

I'm pretty sure both lanes have straight on markings approaching that roundabout which would cause drivers in either lane to go straight on.
    liamog wrote: »
    Given the number of roundabouts near that part of Blanch, I'm amazed at just how bad people seem to be.

There's no bloody consistency on the markings though. 1 roundabout the left lane will be marked left turn only, the next it's marked so you can go straight etc.

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7374999/277c4fa2/dikke_karma_voor_illegale_inhaler.html

Bonus: Helmetcam but worth posting and would have been in the suggestions on the left side of dumpert anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's no bloody consistency on the markings though. 1 roundabout the left lane will be marked left turn only, the next it's marked so you can go straight etc.
    Case in point around that particular roundabout. In the direction the OP was traveling there are three roundabouts in quick succession. Roundabout #1 has left lane as straight and left, roundabout #2 has left lane as left only while roundabout #3 (the one in the video) nobody seems to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

inforfun wrote: »

Bonus: Helmetcam but worth posting and would have been in the suggestions on the left side of dumpert anyway.

Wow ... very lucky after that tank slapper. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hurrache wrote: »

I'm pretty sure both lanes have straight on markings approaching that roundabout which would cause drivers in either lane to go straight on.

Had a look on Google Maps and one's a bus lane until the last few car lengths. That would mean approaching in the right lane, and then flipping over to the left before going straight through?? Sorry, have to say having never used that road before, I'd have gone straight through in the right lane too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

A ninja it is indeed. Had to watch it 2x full screen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

Spook_ie wrote: »
    The thinking there is so the cyclist can see traffic coming at them and be more aware than you are when your back is to traffic. Walk against traffic, bike with traffic but maybe at night they felt safer going against traffic (probably due to having no lights!). Not saying it's right mind!

If you dont have lights, you walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

If you dont have lights, you walk.

I thought it was natural selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

https://youtu.be/kOH-PQIJnBQ

Here is one from earlier today, lights go green for us but don't let that stop the Nissan....

Lethal roundabout for wrong lanes, no indication and red light jumpers.

I have been hit on that roundabout twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Here is one from earlier today, lights go green for us but don't let that stop the Nissan....

Brutal driving on so many levels.....

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Had a look on Google Maps and one's a bus lane until the last few car lengths. That would mean approaching in the right lane, and then flipping over to the left before going straight through?? Sorry, have to say having never used that road before, I'd have gone straight through in the right lane too.

The white car driver is thinking (perhaps not unreasonably) this guy (op) is trying to overtake me on the inside and I'm not having it ...

boardz wrote: »
    The white car driver is thinking (perhaps not unreasonably) this guy (op) is trying to overtake me on the inside and I'm not having it ...

Honestly I would say they never even seen the cam car.

So many do be in a different world other then actually driving.

I have a similar roundabout on my commute.

For someone not really used to drive there, it might just be that they see "your" green cross the road, as theirs.

6d1bd982ba519292683d58c368967dc5.png

Had it a few times at "my" roundabout with lights like that i got confused for a split second.

Not an excuse, more trying to find a reason for them to break the red so late.

It was an elderly gentleman he did wave sorry further into sandyford.

From where he would come our green wouldn't be too easy to see.

I would say he seen others going through and just followed even though they actually had a green.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I don't know why the road designers / NRA / Local authorities keep persisting with small roundabouts with two lanes marked on the approach, but no 2 lanes marked around it or on the exit. They are trying to make a quart fit into a pint bottle. It's fairly simple. If the roundabout and approach roads are not big enough really to have two lanes marked from approach to exit, so get rid of the two lanes marked on the approach.

There won't be any more holdups compared to now as the roundabout is the limiting step, not the approach road. It'll be a lot safer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Overtaking on a solid white line, overtaking on a pedestrian crossing, overtaking on a junction, and probably speeding.
    I think very possibly he could have said bye bye to his licence.
    It's Poland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement