Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

inforfun wrote: »
    I think most of us would have noticed without the warning :D

Probably helps also it's been posted many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

inforfun wrote: »
    I think most of us would have noticed without the warning :D

If you didn't, then you DEFINITELY need to go to Specsavers! :pac:

EDIT: Never mind, I tried again 2 more posts down the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Plodding along, not speeding, but not dawdling either.

Black Ford Mondeo decides to overtake both my car and the car behind me (white Hyundai). I was looking in the rear-view as he started his overtake and he nearly took the wing mirror of the Hyundai with him. Hyundai doesn't react too happily about it.

(Crappy soundtrack as Youtube wouldn't let me mute the audio without putting some generic music over it.)

Use the link directly from the video window, not from the upload panel, they don't seem to work for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

n1ck wrote: »
    Use the link directly from the video window, not from the upload panel, they don't seem to work for some reason.

I just put the bit in the URL after:

watch?v=

Which in this case is:

ELvWcmd-Opk

So it should look like:

[ youtube]ELvWcmd-Opk[/youtube]

But there's something else wrong with this link I think...

• Advertisement

*2nd time lucky! Video should work now.

Black Ford Mondeo decides to overtake both my car and the car behind me (white Hyundai). I was looking in the rear-view as he started his overtake and he nearly took the wing mirror of the Hyundai with him. Hyundai doesn't react too happily about it.

(Crappy soundtrack as Youtube wouldn't let me mute the audio without putting some generic music over it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELvWcmd-Opk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I just put the bit in the URL after:

watch?v=

Which in this case is:

ELvWcmd-Opk

So it should look like:

[ youtube]ELvWcmd-Opk[/youtube]

But there's something else wrong with this link I think...

You had left a space between the very first [ and the y..

There's one part towards the end that makes this funny. Although it's entirely likely I'm alone in finding it funny and am going to hell for finding it funny but sure..! [not that I believe in hell or fairytales or.............]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

jaxxx wrote: »
    There's one part towards the end that makes this funny. Although it's entirely likely I'm alone in finding it funny and am going to hell for finding it funny but sure..! [not that I believe in hell or fairytales or.............]

Delighted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

*2nd time lucky! Video should work now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELvWcmd-Opk

Possibly the Hyundai is the Feds, now that'll make you smile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Isambard wrote: »
    Possibly the Hyundai is the Feds, now that'll make you smile

I thought that was the whole point. They were.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Patww79 wrote: »

The flashing blue lights you see as it overtakes the cam car are the give away.

Them are the blue lights you can only see from side of car as when behind they don't shine towards the rear.

Shocking set up and even at night they are near impossible to see.

I still can't see them :D

Send a complaint to the Gardai, I have previously as they are not fit to be on the road with such poor lighting.

Gardai have even complained and the engineer over that unit of fitting out states it's adequate to eu regulations.

Joke.

If you see one and they are on stand at a 45° angle to the rear and the light will be bright but at the rear nearly nothing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

7de2af26e201edd65118d513721a8b85.png

It is not great now, is it.....

You will notice most 2017 onwards now have LED blocks in rear window which flash blue/red.

The roads policing units had a few with them fitted in 2015 but only very few.

Imagine coming up behind that on a bad road and all they had on was the blues on rear, they would be better off using their hazard lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

That was brilliant that one. caravan got what he deserved

• Advertisement

Just stumbled upon this, not easy to watch so be warned. Amazingly the driver survived. 4 years old but can't remember seeing it here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Just stumbled upon this, not easy to watch so be warned. Amazingly the driver survived. 4 years old but can't remember seeing it here before.

Serious crash, it's not often i'd go "ooooh sh*t!" Shocking driving though, the amount of people that change across multiple lanes in one movement is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Its been posted here before alright but it goes to show the importance of why each lane change should be a single maneuver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

See it all the time, never do it myself, each change is on it's own. Still however I wouldn't wish that crash on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So so many videos like this and they get away with it - when they're caught doing it they should be made to watch videos like this for 8 straight hours.

Totally stupid woman moving to a lane where she couldn't even see ahead - wonder how many times she had done this sort of thing before, got too familiar with a junction/turn off

One of the benefits of living in Limerick, not having to deal with more than 2 lanes at a time :) Except for some parts of the city centre that is. Motorway though? 2 lanes for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The trucker with the dashcam didn't seem to slow at all. He would have assumed she was going to slip in behind the yellow truck, but even in the second after the crash, he seemed to continue at full speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The trucker with the dashcam didn't seem to slow at all. He would have assumed she was going to slip in behind the yellow truck, but even in the second after the crash, he seemed to continue at full speed.

Seriously? He had less than half a second to react to an idiotic move and any reaction would have resulted in the car still being crushed

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Seriously? He had less than half a second to react to an idiotic move and any reaction would have resulted in the car still being crushed

Yeah, if even half a second. Even with the impact, a truck is gonna take more than a couple of seconds to come to a complete stop. At high speeds trucks are like locomotives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement