Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Was gonna give it three fiddy actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

^^ a lot of stupidity and recklessness in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

K.Flyer wrote: »

Wow those are some pretty real life graphics for Grand Theft Auto 6, I didn't even realise they had released the trailer yet!!

What's that? They haven't? Then what was in the vi...... Oh..... Oh $hit dudes. Wowsers!

^^ Like I said in my previous comment, trucks at high enough speeds become locomotives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

This is from Saturday night. The video doesn't show much contact but there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

markc1184 wrote: »

What a dope. Wtf were they thinking!? I hate people like that stopping to wave you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

What a dope. Wtf were they thinking!?

they weren't...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

What a dope. Wtf were they thinking!? I hate people like that stopping to wave you through.

What's worst is that it would be quicker for them to go ahead being the only car crossing at the time... Happened to me all the time and never understand how they come up with this...

• Advertisement

What a dope. Wtf were they thinking!?

The OP was on a road where the silver Peugeot is not allowed to turn right. So in order to make the illegal right turn, the silver car must have thought it'd make more sense to let the OP through first, so he has the road to himself to make the awkward right turn.

I'm presuming, through all of this, he never at any time seen the other car on the road at all.

I often see accidents down there and wonder how there can be so many... then I see videos like this.. What completely odd behaviour altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

all they did wrong was not to use their mirrors when they came to make a turn that I'm not so sure is illegal. They confused the situation by flashing the OP , who sensibly stayed where he was, but then they made the turn without checking it was safe to do so. The road isn't designed to turn there, but I don't see it was prohibited to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

markc1184 wrote:

that's a ****e junction and very confusing for people new to it never mind experienced drivers.
    i had a smash there before. Young lady coming from the direction you ere coming drove straight out in front of me.
    Anyway that was an epic idiot move from that driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Isambard wrote: »
    all they did wrong was not to use their mirrors when they came to make a turn that I'm not so sure is illegal. They confused the situation by flashing the OP , who sensibly stayed where he was, but then they made the turn without checking it was safe to do so. The road isn't designed to turn there, but I don't see it was prohibited to do so.

They never indicated they wanted to turn - no indicators on, and they were on the outside of the turn..

so anyone behind them rightly thought they are not going to make any sort of turn due to their atrocious road positioning. before their stupid maneuver there was enough room for a car to pass.

Kamili wrote: »
    They never indicated they wanted to turn - no indicators on, and they were on the outside of the turn..

so anyone behind them rightly thought they are not going to make any sort of turn due to their atrocious road positioning. before their stupid maneuver there was enough room for a car to pass.

Quite right too, I wasn't inferring they were in the right, they most definitely were not. Had they used their mirror they wouldn't have made the move.

Isambard wrote: »
    all they did wrong was not to use their mirrors when they came to make a turn that I'm not so sure is illegal.

The road design in itself kinda tells you not to turn there. It's also omitted from the signage on the road leading to it, which would lead me to believe it's not a turn that should be made from that lane (Albeit, the left turn, which is allowed and generally accepted, is also missing from that sign).

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7134576,-6.3567127,3a,17.6y,246.05h,94.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sERf7nFB5d9GoZrFd_zKZsg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That said, you seem to be right. There is no sign that actually says 'no right turn', so it may well be legal to do it. I shall feel less consicous of Gardai making that turn going forward. :pac:

EDIT:

Never mind, it's illegal. :o

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.7139251,-6.3579596,3a,27.7y,272.16h,88.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKPQ6Ybt3JtkYCZ0v1ZNYQQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

looks like the "no U Turn" sign was there in 2014, but is not there now.
    Pause video at 20 seconds (ish) & there is no sign visible on the traffic island. (& not there in the most recent (2017) google street view).

Still a stupid move for them to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Another one of the do gooder brigade that has the right of way yet stops to let the one car out to feel good about themselves.

Because no one behind them matters it seems, they only see what's in front

I see this arseholery the whole time and it's getting more commonplace; one just has to be as alert as they can

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

inforfun wrote: »

Fair play to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sometimes ordinary people have to do the right thing and taking that car out any way possible would most likely save a life.

Well done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Kudos - but I wanted to see em staggering around, video cut too soon

drunk or maybe diabetic coma?well done those truckers and the cam car

looks like the "no U Turn" sign was there in 2014, but is not there now.

No, a truck hit it and it was never replaced. Which I suppose makes it a legal turn again..?

Probably should put it back though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

No, a truck hit it and it was never replaced. Which I suppose makes it a legal turn again..?

Probably should put it back though in fairness.

If the sign is not there and there is no road marking to say otherwise then technically its a legal turn.

Fair enough the locals know but if I showed up in the morning how am I to know?

tcawley29 wrote: »
    If the sign is not there and there is no road marking to say otherwise then technically its a legal turn.

Fair enough the locals know but if I showed up in the morning how am I to know?

I agree. And with Drogheda having the Fleadh in a month, and as a result lots of people unfamiliar with the roads, i can predict that junction becoming a tad messy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Sometimes ordinary people have to do the right thing and taking that car out any way possible would most likely save a life.

Well done to them.

Very smoothly done. I'm wondering how they coordinated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

seagull wrote: »
    Very smoothly done. I'm wondering how they coordinated it.

Possible radio such as cb or just seen what the other was doing and thought the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-kiosk-api.telegraaf.nl%2F36ee79d4-89a5-11e8-853d-512d68c99624.jpg

Made the newspapers.
    Not drunk or under the influence of drugs but suffering from a "personal drama" whatever the hell that might have been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement