Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

inforfun wrote: »
    http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-kiosk-api.telegraaf.nl%2F36ee79d4-89a5-11e8-853d-512d68c99624.jpg

Made the newspapers.
    Not drunk or under the influence of drugs but suffering from a "personal drama" whatever the hell that might have been.
    sounds like I was close to the mark suggesting possible medical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Tractor cams allowed?[/URL]

[David Attenborough voice]:

Here we see the elusive 'special kind of special' driver in its natural habitat, as it displays its infamous level of supreme stupidity, failing to utilise the very visual organs it was born with. Watch as onlookers gaze in wonder and awe at its supernatural levels of idiocracy, as the rare and exotic species itself lies stunned, questioning why everyone is looking at it funny and how they themselves are 100% not at fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

BUS EIREANN Your thoughts on this one
    https://youtu.be/XxaNnyRS-bw

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »

he was indicating before the yellow truck passed him, loads of time for the car to see him, he did jump the lights though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Isambard wrote: »
    he was indicating before the yellow truck passed him, loads of time for the car to see him, he did jump the lights though

No real need for him to exit bus lane provided and force other lad over either?

No real need for him to exit bus lane provided and force other lad over either?

except the cyclist? The car was well behind when he started indicating and the car chose to ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I would suggest that the Avensis driver is the asshole there. Is it me or did he/she speed up a bit when the bus indicated to move out? In other words, "that bus isn't getting in front of me." And remember, "please let buses pull out," as was the message on the back of Dublin buses years ago.

The bus driver definitely signalled well in advance. The Avensis driver could have slowed down to allow the bus to move into that lane. The car swerving as the bus moved across could have been easily avoided, had the Avensis driver done as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I would suggest that the Avensis driver is the asshole there. Is it me or did he/she speed up a bit when the bus indicated to move out? In other words, "that bus isn't getting in front of me." And remember, "please let buses pull out," as was the message on the back of Dublin buses years ago.

The bus driver definitely signalled well in advance. The Avensis driver could have slowed down to allow the bus to move into that lane. The car swerving as the bus moved across could have been easily avoided, had the Avensis driver done as above.

Avensis driver: Pr!ck.

But bus driver still ran a red... I think. My eyesight is poop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

He is the type of arsehole you'd find in the videos overtaking the tractor. Basically get out of my way, even if I am on the wrong side of the road or this is mine lane, get your own fúcking lane.

And I can't fúcking stand them, even in housing estates, you've right of way, yet they barge there way onto your side of the road and force you to stop.

Ye well done you class a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

TallGlass wrote: »
    He is the type of arsehole you'd find in the videos overtaking the tractor. Basically get out of my way, even if I am on the wrong side of the road or this is mine lane, get your own fúcking lane.

And I can't fúcking stand them, even in housing estates, you've right of way, yet they barge there way onto your side of the road and force you to stop.

Ye well done you class a moron.

It happened to me coming down my estate the other day. A van turned into the estate, I had the right of way, and he still came towards me instead of stopping behind a parked car. I threw my hands up as if to say "what the f**k?" But, the prick just pointed at me and laughed as he drove on. Immature arsehole! I don't think there was anyone in the van with him.

I can't stand the arseholes that think they have the right to the road. The type of arseholes who will try to barge their way into a queue, or hold up another lane while they wait to be let in. F**k off and join the queue, for feck's sake. And, they are the sort too, who would not let people merge.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7477379/05600d6d/ik_heb_haast.html

According to the transport company Oegema's facebook, the brakes were knackered.

But then again... same company: https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7130989/12235147/chauffeur_haat_kleine_auto_s.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ignition off, Handbrake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

fritzelly wrote: »
    Ignition off, Handbrake?

Missed the second link
    Just take the keys of them period

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

It happened to me coming down my estate the other day. A van turned into the estate, I had the right of way, and he still came towards me instead of stopping behind a parked car. I threw my hands up as if to say "what the f**k?" But, the prick just pointed at me and laughed as he drove on. Immature arsehole! I don't think there was anyone in the van with him.

I can't stand the arseholes that think they have the right to the road. The type of arseholes who will try to barge their way into a queue, or hold up another lane while they wait to be let in. F**k off and join the queue, for feck's sake. And, they are the sort too, who would not let people merge.

This is why I keep a tray of pennies in the car and chuck one out the window as they pass.

Does no damage but will freak them out a bit

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7477735/2bead5f6/met_vliegende_haast_door_rood_.html

Too bad that is must be about the only crossing in The Netherlands without red light cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Boojum RuleZz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Is that 1st video sped up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

That was my reaction too.

nope, and I wasn't speeding either, thats the way it came out after editing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It looks like you could have gave the cyclist a bit more room there. You were also quite close to the Garda. I know he should have waited for traffic, but it's still wise to ease up.

I also hate when people cross over the lane to go around traffic Instead of waiting but that's just me. Nearly got clipped by some bellend in a Qashqai leaving work the other day because he crossed the line to go around a manhole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

DaveyDave wrote: »
    It looks like you could have gave the cyclist a bit more room there. You were also quite close to the Garda. I know he should have waited for traffic, but it's still wise to ease up.

I also hate when people cross over the lane to go around traffic Instead of waiting but that's just me. Nearly got clipped by some bellend in a Qashqai leaving work the other day because he crossed the line to go around a manhole.

In fairness, he'd have been waiting a while for the manhole to move. :D

DaveyDave wrote: »

I also hate when people cross over the lane to go around traffic Instead of waiting but that's just me. Nearly got clipped by some bellend in a Qashqai leaving work the other day because he crossed the line to go around a manhole

You mean the cyclist that overtakes the other cyclist :rolleyes: ? He had plenty of room, its wide there, you can fit 2 cars next to each other, no need to going over the line.
    As for the guards ? parking on double yellow in rush traffic hours outside their lunch spot and not giving a fcuck about checking the mirror before gets out the car ? cooooome ooooonnn

P.S.
    Please dont tell me they could be there on call out. Seen them there very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Carpentry wrote: »
    You mean the cyclist that overtakes the other cyclist :rolleyes: ? He had plenty of room, its wide there, you can fit 2 cars next to each other, no need to going over the line.

Didn't look like you gave the legally required 1 metre.

As for the guards ? parking on double yellow in rush traffic hours outside their lunch spot and not giving a fcuck about checking the mirror before gets out the car ? cooooome ooooonnn

P.S.
    Please dont tell me they could be there on call out. Seen them there very often.

You would hope they stopped to give that grey car a ticket for parking in the cycle lane. But that is not happening there, the way he went in front of the car.
    Hurrache wrote: »
    Didn't look like you gave the legally required 1 metre.
    If the cyclist had stayed\gone back in the cycle lane he would have had 3 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

P.S.

Mmmm wonder if you'd have tried to overtake anything else with such reckless abandon, he was overtaking as he is legally allowed to do, you should have slowed down, TBH the video doesn't look sped up to me, the cyclists seem to be at a fairly pedestrian pace until some F1 race driver appears on the scene
    inforfun wrote: »
    You would hope they stopped to give that grey car a ticket for parking in the cycle lane. But that is not happening there, the way he went in front of the car.

If the cyclist had stayed\gone back in the cycle lane he would have had 3 meters.

Actually there doesn't appear to be any double yellows where they stopped and the cycle lane isn't a cycle lane it's a broken line therefore not mandatory

• Advertisement

Bit ****ing useless to waste paint for a cycle lane then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement