Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread 2 (car videos only, no commenting on videos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

White van man from yesterday:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Carpentry wrote: »
    what if, in your dimension, the guy behind would speed up once I was out of his way ? Indicating or not, would not helped in this case.

Then I would need to go to the cashier, and I have no COINAGE

Do you also mount footpaths just in case the guy behind might do it to try to pass you out?

You were not out of his way, you were in the lane.
    Hatching is there for a reason.

blastman wrote: »
    White van man from yesterday:

He was probably confused & traumatised by you driving over the hatching and your upcoming punishment pass.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

GreeBo wrote: »
    Do you also mount footpaths just in case the guy behind might do it to try to pass you out?
    No, I dont, it never actually crossed my mind, but where did you get that idea from ?:rolleyes:
    You were not out of his way, you were in the lane.
    Hatching is there for a reason.

I go through this gates nearly everyday, and I can promise you, that nearly every person is going over the hatching, not thats an good excuse, and I have seen one person going the way it is supposed to be, then being overtaken by car behind him, which was going straight over hatching, they nearly crashed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Its not often Im arsed getting a video off the cam but this is ridiculous.

Really would like to see retards like this on a roundabout like this But in stead of a low ramp, 8 inch nails sticking out of the lane dividing curbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

inforfun wrote: »
    Really would like to see retards like this on a roundabout like this But in stead of a low ramp, 8 inch nails sticking out of the lane dividing curbs.

Wouldn't you prefer to see them on this roundabout, preferably on a school run in the morning and watch the chaos ensue... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nope. Want them to be unable to drive for a while, not get lost on a roundabout.

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7481021/09a861f3/volvo_lul_snapt_ritsen_niet.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

He was probably confused & traumatised by you driving over the hatching and your upcoming punishment pass.:cool:

Camcar put himself in wrong lane by crossing the hatchings, white van man didn't indicate but maybe because he expected the OP to continue round in the lane he had joined.

Isambard wrote: »
    Camcar put himself in wrong lane by crossing the hatchings, white van man didn't indicate but maybe because he expected the OP to continue round in the lane he had joined.

He was probably confused by the OP being in approx 3 lanes as he tacked his way through the roundabout.

No, I dont, it never actually crossed my mind, but where did you get that idea from ?:rolleyes:
    Hatching is designed to tell you where to not drive and you ignore that. Who's to know what other road markings, such as a kerb, you ignore?
    I go through this gates nearly everyday, and I can promise you, that nearly every person is going over the hatching, not thats an good excuse, and I have seen one person going the way it is supposed to be, then being overtaken by car behind him, which was going straight over hatching, they nearly crashed.

And? :confused:
    I see people breaking red lights and overtaking on solid white lines, that doesnt force me to suddenly also start driving like I own the road. Take some personal accountability for your driving, let the others worry about theirs.
    If they hit you because they pass you on the left over hatching then its their problem, or, you could just not drive into them, either way really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Hatching is designed to tell you where to not drive and you ignore that. Who's to know what other road markings, such as a kerb, you ignore?

I see people breaking red lights and overtaking on solid white lines, that doesnt force me to suddenly also start driving like I own the road. Take some personal accountability for your driving, let the others worry about theirs.
    If they hit you because they pass you on the left over hatching then its their problem, or, you could just not drive into them, either way really.

this junction has hash markings that if strictly obeyed like you say we should would cause loads of crashes.
    you're in traffic indicating right, as the bus lane ends, the person behind moves to the left and moves up your inside. if you move over you'll be causing a crash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

no the guy who hit you would be causing the crash, you'd be driving correctly. However most people would ignore the cross hatchings which are there to try and avoid right turners getting rear ended. There is no real need for them otherwise, they mostly apply to people not turning right,and as I said earlier at some junctions I go across the hatchings to get out of the way of straight on traffic to avoid getting rear ended, which is the purpose of the hatchings anyway (breathe)

ganmo wrote: »

this junction has hash markings that if strictly obeyed like you say we should would cause loads of crashes.
    you're in traffic indicating right, as the bus lane ends, the person behind moves to the left and moves up your inside. if you move over you'll be causing a crash

So how do you deal with merge lanes if this is going to cause a crash in your opinion?

If *everyone* strictly obeyed them there wouldnt be an issue. People not obeying them cause the problem.

I know that junction well as I use it everyday.
    If you are indicating right and wait until the last second to swerve left at the hatching then yes you will cause a crash, if however you just follow the road and indicate right when there is a lane for turning right you wont cause a problem.

Perhaps you are just indicating right too early and people are passing you on the left as they think you are turning right into the estates before the lights?
    Bottom line, dont indicate right if you are going to first move left. Follow the lane markings and indicate when you are changing lane, avoiding the hatching is not changing lanes.

Kerb as road marking ? Didnt think of that.
    I dont ignore any sing or road markings, well apart of the said, ans wouldnt call it as own the road behaviour.

Not breaking lights, stoping at the stop sign.

Im not going to put myself into danger of a crash and "let others to worry about it".

Thankfully I was never involved or caused accident.

I take my coat now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Van smashes into toll barrier causing massive damage and cam car driver gets more abuse :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

ganmo wrote: »

The way to better road safety is the three "E"s engineering, education & enforcement, this road clearly needs a lot of the first "E" before anything else, it looks terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm trying to comprehend the reasoning behind it - I'm stumped!
    Only thing is is that its a broken white line so you can drive over it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Had lots of white paint left over so had to do something with it.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Had lots of white paint left over so had to do something with it.

Right - was wondering why they wrote Taylors Ln on the road as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Impatient DPD driver

Lad pulling out of the service station was too busy on the phone to pay much heed to me or the cyclist

fritzelly wrote: »
    I'm trying to comprehend the reasoning behind it - I'm stumped!
    Only thing is is that its a broken white line so you can drive over it

A broken white line surrounded by a solid white line?

A broken white line surrounded by a solid white line?

It's a broken white line if you look closely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Son of a bitch

what if, in your dimension, the guy behind would speed up once I was out of his way ? Indicating or not, would not helped in this case.

Then I would need to go to the cashier, and I have no COINAGE

The tag works at the manned barriers too :confused:

I'v been using mine for over four years.

It's a broken white line if you look closely

By that definition *every* white line is a broken white line.

By that definition *every* white line is a broken white line.

What are you on about - it's not a solid white line around the hatched area

The tag works at the manned barriers too :confused:

I'v been using mine for over four years.

ffs, it was a joke, where you were hiding past few days if you didn't get it :pac: ?

If you're talking about the line in the image posted up-thread, the only reason there are breaks in it are wear and tear.
    It appears to have been solid when first painted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Son of a bitch

But you don't enter the hatched area..... full stop.

294jteh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,937 ✭✭✭✭josip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement