Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ras Mhaigheo 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    It was a minor criticism and yes it was just that there was no notice and i had no cash on me.

I would prefer to hand my numbers back at the sign on area, everyone is parked there and it's just easier. As it was we went back to our hotel to drop bikes off and i had forgot my frame number. Thankfully the girl doing the numbers met me down at our hotel after and gave me back my deposit.

That's all I'd change though!

Ah that was you :) Fair play for meeting her. Saves a lot of messing about.

See you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Great organisation & great race. Don't think the club & volunteers get enough credit for having the balls & commitment to put on a stage race, so kudos! Only things I'd suggest and these are very very minor, id have post race in the sign on clubhouse, I'd have the TT earlier (race finished at 1pm, 3pm turnaround doable?) & I'd suggest some distance markers, because it wasn't a lapped race I had no idea where I was or how long it was to go, 10k/5k/2k maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

First time doing this race and it was an almighty setup.
    I've an idea what is required to organise a one-day race having been a minor member of committees in the past. But a stage race must be massive.
    Well done and keep it up!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ABEasy wrote: »
    Great organisation & great race. Don't think the club & volunteers get enough credit for having the balls & commitment to put on a stage race, so kudos! Only things I'd suggest and these are very very minor, id have post race in the sign on clubhouse, I'd have the TT earlier (race finished at 1pm, 3pm turnaround doable?) & I'd suggest some distance markers, because it wasn't a lapped race I had no idea where I was or how long it was to go, 10k/5k/2k maybe.

Thanks for the feedback.

So have the handing back of license and deposit is better at the changing rooms where you signed on.
    Also distance markers for all the races? There was for the 2 main races at 5, 2, 1 km. On the inside of the road on a sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

yop wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback.

So have the handing back of license and deposit is better at the changing rooms where you signed on.
    Also distance markers for all the races? There was for the 2 main races at 5, 2, 1 km. On the inside of the road on a sign.

I spotted the 2k on s1 alright didn't notice the others, chewing the bars most probably!! That suggestion was more a feck up by me, I usually know the routes & distances but was under pressure the week before the race so never looked into it in detail!

• Advertisement

ABEasy wrote: »
    I spotted the 2k on s1 alright didn't notice the others, chewing the bars most probably!! That suggestion was more a feck up by me, I usually know the routes & distances but was under pressure the week before the race so never looked into it in detail!

Ah no worries. They were definitely there from 5k out on S1 as the comms were using them as time markers on the way in.
    We wouldn't be allowed to mark the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭glassdoc

Firstly, a massive well done to all involved in making this race what it is, a real success. In the current climate of restrictions, regulations and legislation on everything you try to do/organise, Ras Maigh Eo has come up trumps. I've done the last 3 editions now and for someone who enjoys the buzz of racing but will never make the podium this race gives the ideal balance of fast, tough racing where the routes are not the hardest in terms of inclines but they still give the strong riders the opportunity to come out on top. The moto marshals did a fantastic job of managing the race through the traffic and static marshals were well positioned throughout all stages. The new TT route was another plus, again not a steep incline but enough to make a difference. The weather was a real bonus and of course the support from the locals as the race passed was noticeable even while trying to hang on to the wheel in front. :D
    From my limited experience this race has the right balance of rider numbers and ability along with being a good race for the Juniors to improve and show themselves (& let the ould bucks like myself mix it up too:p) and will hopefully continue to progress as it has over the last few years. I'll be back again next year hopefully. Well done folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

coach22 wrote: »
    great race and really enjoyed it. Seen a good few photographers at it. Is there a link to any of their photos?

Photos available on Covey Wheelers FB page

Advertisement