Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12 weeks to wedding. Advice please.

• 10-02-2018 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Suddenly it's 12 weeks to my wedding. I have done nothing in prep for myself since I bought my dress a few weeks ago. No shoes, accessories. I am a really bad shopper/ have limited interest. I'd love people to post some suggestions for shoes. I'd like colour rather than typical "bridal shoe colours". Shoes, not sandals as my toes are not pretty. I believe some brides wear blue shoes now? Dress is quite simple, ivory, straight and fitted and full length to ankle so shoes will be on show. A little beading detail at waist/ hips, front and back but that's the only embellishment.

"Beauty-wise", I'm very conscious of my teeth and would like to get them whitened. Any advice?

Hair -wise, I have long hair but am 6 months post baby and it's starting to fall out now :-( I'm thinking extensions as I want to keep the length but while it's been nice with the baby volume, it will be too thin when all my baby hair falls out - I'd expect that to have happened by 12 weeks. (Going from past experience altho last time, I think my hair started falling out sooner). I do want hair part up, mostly down as I do not like my hair up and I have never liked any fully "up do's" I have ever had! :mad: I know nothing about extensions or anyone who has had them done.

I've been trying to tone up but have been limited as with young baby, I'm honestly too tired/ have no time. I am slim but have my baby pouch. I've never worn spanx before but would need to as dress very fitted and the belly ain't good. Any recommendations?

I'm too embarressed to ask people I know about some of these things as it will show how really clueless I am as I have zero interest in fashion and beauty but need to up my game for the Day. :eek: I think I need to go on one of those TV shows and get a make over!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Sounds like you are just panicking about everything. Do one thing at a time! Write a list and try to cross off one thing a week.

Shoes- These shoes on I clothing look nice and not too high https://m.iclothing.com/tilly-crystal-sling-back-shoe-in-navy , you could order a few different ones and return what you don't like.

Teeth- book a dentist appointment- don't try to do it yourself.

Underwear/ baby belly- over the next 12 weeks try to get out for 3 walks a week with or without baby to help tone up. I would just buy some shape wear underwear in penny's. They have lots if different styles depending on shape if your dress. Buy nude in your size ( don't be tempted to buy a smaller size or you won't be able to breathe!)

Hair- if you never had extensions before I wouldn't go trying them out just for your wedding. Ask someone to reccommend a good hair dresser. He / she will be able to disguise thinning hair with powder/ hairspray and a good blow dry . If you don't like your hair up just get a curly/ wavy blow dry and wear it down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A good hairdresser can do wonders with thinner hair, I would recommend getting a trial done. You don't even have to say it's for your wedding, if you're just popping into a salon just say you're going to a black tie ball or something, and bring any pics of the style you like. Pinterest is great for that. I'd agree with the other poster that getting extensions for the first time pre-wedding wouldn't be ideal. They can look great, but they do require maintenance and you mentioned you're time poor at the moment.

It also depends on where and what time your wedding is at. A lot of stylists who come to your house to do the wedding party's hair would be booked up well in advance (I know some who are nearly booked up for 2019!), so if you want someone at the house you'd need to move fairly sharp on that one.

You can wear any shoes, they don't have to be white or ivory. I think a colour can look so cool, and if your dress is long you won't even see them most of the time anyway. Try Asos, they have so many options and you can filter your search results down to price, colour, heel height, brand, size etc.

If you want to get the actual Spanx, I've heard the staff in the Brown Thomas lingerie department are very good at fitting you for the right pair to make sure they fit properly and comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

Ok so maybe no to extensions!

Hairdresser booked but not home as with little kids, I think I need to be out of the house!

I'll look at ASOS thanks.

Pennys ? fair enough. I thought I'd need more than that.

Not really panicking. Just wondering where to start!

Advertisement