If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos 5.1 system

Options
  • 11-02-2018 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

We will be doing up the kids playroom into a 2nd sitting room over the co
    ming few months.  The current sitting room will still be the main place to watch TV, but i'm thinking of having a 5.1 system in both rooms.

I currently have a Sony 49XE9005, an Onkyo TX-L50 and Jamo speakers and woofer.  I thinking of moving the Onkyo and Jamo into the new room allowing me to invest in a new 5.1 system for the main room.

The TV sits in an alcove (~1.2 meters) between the chimney breast and external wall.  My centre, left and right speakers are wall mounted above the TV but due to the nature of the alcove they are off centre, (right and centre on the wall behind the TV, and left on the wall external wall).  I do not want to have this scenario going forward.

So i'm thinking of either a playbase or playbar.  I will be wall mounting the TV on a dual arm mount.  Due to the position of the seats in the room the TV will normally be pulled out from the wall and also at an angle to the wall.  So i do not think that a playbar would be suitable as the TV would then block the sound coming from the playbar.

I currently have several Play 1's and Play 3;s in the house and i would like to reduce the hardware on view in the sitting room and expand my sonos network at the same time.

So i'm thinking of investing in a Sonos playbase, sub and 2 x Play 1's.  What is your thoughts on this as a 5.1 system?

Finally what would be the best price that you could offer the above including delivery to Dublin?

Thanks
    Daithi

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

ming few months.  The current sitting room will still be the main place to watch TV, but i'm thinking of having a 5.1 system in both rooms.

I currently have a Sony 49XE9005, an Onkyo TX-L50 and Jamo speakers and woofer.  I thinking of moving the Onkyo and Jamo into the new room allowing me to invest in a new 5.1 system for the main room.

The TV sits in an alcove (~1.2 meters) between the chimney breast and external wall.  My centre, left and right speakers are wall mounted above the TV but due to the nature of the alcove they are off centre, (right and centre on the wall behind the TV, and left on the wall external wall).  I do not want to have this scenario going forward.

So i'm thinking of either a playbase or playbar.  I will be wall mounting the TV on a dual arm mount.  Due to the position of the seats in the room the TV will normally be pulled out from the wall and also at an angle to the wall.  So i do not think that a playbar would be suitable as the TV would then block the sound coming from the playbar.

I currently have several Play 1's and Play 3;s in the house and i would like to reduce the hardware on view in the sitting room and expand my sonos network at the same time.

So i'm thinking of investing in a Sonos playbase, sub and 2 x Play 1's.  What is your thoughts on this as a 5.1 system?

Finally what would be the best price that you could offer the above including delivery to Dublin?

Thanks
    Daithi
    Hi Daithi Thanks for the question.  Certainly the set up you have suggested would be an excellent one, and would save the annoyance of having to run cables around the room like a more traditional 5.2 set up.  Also it will work seamlessly with your current Sonos setup.  The current price for the playbase 5.1 setup is £1696.00

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Daithi Thorn

Hi,

Thanks
    Daithi
    Hi Daithi Thanks for the question.  Certainly the set up you have suggested would be an excellent one, and would save the annoyance of having to run cables around the room like a more traditional 5.2 set up.  Also it will work seamlessly with your current Sonos setup.  The current price for the playbase 5.1 setup is £1696.00

Regards Stephen
    Thanks for the feedback Stephen.  I'll get back in touch when I'm looking to buy the system

Rgds
    Daithi

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Thanks
    Daithi

Regards Stephen
    Thanks for the feedback Stephen.  I'll get back in touch when I'm looking to buy the system

Rgds
    Daithi
    No problem at all Daithi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.