Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for photo editing. Opinions please?

Options
  • 11-02-2018 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking for apc to do photo editing on, I have been offered one with the following specs and was wondering what people think? The seller is asking €700.
    CPU/APU: AMD A10 7870K Quad Core 3.9 GHz

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A68M-DG3+

RAM: 8 GB Hyper X Fury Red DDR3

GPU: XFX RX 470 4GB

Storage: WD Blue 1 TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair CX750M 750 Watt
    Any advice welcome!
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

skipper756 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am looking for apc to do photo editing on, I have been offered one with the following specs and was wondering what people think? The seller is asking €700.
    CPU/APU: AMD A10 7870K Quad Core 3.9 GHz

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A68M-DG3+

RAM: 8 GB Hyper X Fury Red DDR3

GPU: XFX RX 470 4GB

Storage: WD Blue 1 TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair CX750M 750 Watt
    Any advice welcome!
    Thanks in advance.

I would advise against buying that.

Wait a week or two until AMD release their new APU chips which include Vega graphics.
    You should be able to build a much better system for that price point if €700 is your budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The A10 CPUs are already quite dated, so I wouldn't get such a CPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That is a terrible PC. The graphics card is good enough but the CPU is woeful. Comparable to an Intel Celeron at best and it's a dead end platform with no upgrade path.

Without the graphics card it would be worth about €200, and for editing it's very low end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Ryzen is likely your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

Thanks for all the replies guys. Really appreciate it. I will steer clear and wait for a better deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement