Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Shorts

Options
  • 11-02-2018 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Any recommendations on entry level Tri Shorts? Not looking to break the bank, just looking for something decent. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Just be wary of the very cheap stuff as it tends to be see through at times - not a pleasant sight...

Otherwise, somewhat trial and error as to what is comfortable for you. If you are getting involved with a club, they will tend to have their own branded gear also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Wiggle's own brand DHB make decent cycling gear and have started with Tri gear. I haven't used their tri stuff but they are cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Been using the DHB classic tri shorts from wiggle over the winter for the bike and run and they're pretty good. €30 at the moment so good value too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Another vote for the dhb tri shorts here - they stand up to prolonged use, are comfy, and practical with slim pockets. Darn good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

what saddle are you using traditional or split nose ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

peter kern wrote: »
    what saddle are you using traditional or split nose ?

Is that not making matters way, way more complicated than they need to be? I'm surprised it came you. Christ, almighty! The OP was simply asking for recommendations on a pair of tri-shorts.

If buying online (which would give you greater choice), just go onto wiggle, search for tri-shorts and read the customer reviews. You'll get more feedback there, than you'll get here. But at bargain prices, dare I say all shorts are pretty much the exact same. Honestly, whatever pair of shorts you buy, won't make one iota of difference to how you perform in a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

zico10 wrote: »
    Is that not making matters way, way more complicated than they need to be? I'm surprised it came you. Christ, almighty! The OP was simply asking for recommendations on a pair of tri-shorts.

If buying online (which would give you greater choice), just go onto wiggle, search for tri-shorts and read the customer reviews. You'll get more feedback there, than you'll get here. But at bargain prices, dare I say all shorts are pretty much the exact same. Honestly, whatever pair of shorts you buy, won't make one iota of difference to how you perform in a race.

this is of course written by a very egocentric guy that dosnt understand that for many people the tought of going on a bike is horror as their saddle and shorts just dont fit for them. while the saddle is of course way more important its amazing how few people feel comfortable at this contact point. granted hurler seems to be a male and it is not quite as important as for females but still a lot of guys struggle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

peter kern wrote: »
    this is of course written by a very egocentric guy

I'm taking that as a compliment and it takes one to know one.
    that dosnt understand that for many people the tought of going on a bike is horror as their saddle and shorts just dont fit for them.

For people like that, I'd refer them to this (As you too might have done 5 years ago.);

n2oi9x.jpg
    https://www.instagram.com/p/7_5g3Fk6Ou/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_ufi_test

Advertisement